Another Uniform Thread!
67 replies
Since sports are pretty just in our imaginations right now, here's another one to think about...
Two questions:
1 - Should the Dolphins introduce a 'Vice' coloured uniform?
Something along the lines of:
![]()
2 - What 3 uniform line-up would you like to see?
For example:
Home - 2019 White Throwbacks
Away - Vice
Alternate - 2019 All White
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
I like the Dolphin on the helmet.
Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.
http://larrycsonka.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/071511-NFL-Larry-Csonka-PI_2011071516291173_660_320.jpg
I personally hate those colors- I won't buy a Heat jersey anymore because they look like ads for Miami Subs. If they change to those colors then so be it, but I'm a big fan of tradition and our colors are aqua/orange with black/white accents.
Now, you give me those same jerseys above in black with aqua/orange highlights and I'm all for it. I don't think they'll ever be game-day versions though because of the S. Fla heat....black shirts feel 3x hotter than white ones down there since black absorbs more of the sun. Maybe new clothing material/technology changes that, I'm not sure, but that's the only way we're getting black jerseys.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
I think the NFL should have one special jersey weekend for each team and do stuff like this instead of the color rush jerseys which were honestly just boring.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
Pass on the vice uniform. I think ive had enough of it with the Miami Heat.. lets stick to our colors.. im on board on making our 70s throwback logo our permanent logo.. basically the throwbacks we wear now, has a few new designs but with our throwback logo.. thats the cleanest uniform we got.
The reason the nba has so many uniform changes is because they make so much money off it... but i rather just stick with the colors.
Since this is a family website, I cannot truly express how I feel about those colors and uniform, lol. The very idea both sickens and enrages me at the same time.
They look like props from the 3D Tron movie. I liked the movie but, not on a Sunday afternoon.
Idiots would buy it.
But those are way out of the realm of possibility for wearing in a game.
A few years ago, the team was selling fan gear in a much darker shade of aqua that they called blue. That is what I would love to have as our alternate uniform.
I am absolutely dead set against ANY team wearing black except those few who have it as a main color. If its not the primary or secondary, then just don't do it.
"Unlucky 13 wrote:
A few years ago, the team was selling fan gear in a much darker shade of aqua that they called blue. That is what I would love to have as our alternate uniform.
I am absolutely dead set against ANY team wearing black except those few who have it as a main color. If its not the primary or secondary, then just don't do it.
Cardinals, Ravens, Niners don’t and it’s looks great imo.

"djphinfan wrote:
Cardinals, Ravens, Niners don’t and it’s looks great imo.
I think that every alternate that the 49ers have come up with is just completely horrid. Ugly as sin. Its too bad too, because their traditional uniforms are beautiful. Their current standard unis are good, certainly better than the ones that they wore in the early 2000s. But the ones that they wore in the 80s and early 90s were among the best in the league.
The Cards are a different story, because black is their secondary color. I actually think that their black jersey, with the white pants is a solid look. What I think they should do is swap socks, and were black socks with the red jersey and red socks with the black one. I've done that in Madden and really like it.
And don't get me started on the Ravens. Just one of the ugliest looks in pro sports, and always has been. Tacky trash.
All kidding aside, I wear a white Dolphins hat, I prefer white T Shirts and all white sneakers. I have a white truck, and all but 2 of every truck I've owned (it's a lot, honestly couldn't tell you) has been white. I really like the color white. I would have picked the Navy for the white uniforms, but the courthouse was closest to the Army base. Not a racist thing, there is only one race. The human race. That's another reason I like white, it's all colors.
All because of the classic 70's all white uniforms we dominated the NFL in for years. The GOAT of uniforms, for all teams, ever.
"Unlucky 13 wrote:
I think that every alternate that the 49ers have come up with is just completely horrid. Ugly as sin. Its too bad too, because their traditional uniforms are beautiful. Their current standard unis are good, certainly better than the ones that they wore in the early 2000s. But the ones that they wore in the 80s and early 90s were among the best in the league.
The Cards are a different story, because black is their secondary color. I actually think that their black jersey, with the white pants is a solid look. What I think they should do is swap socks, and were black socks with the red jersey and red socks with the black one. I've done that in Madden and really like it.
And don't get me started on the Ravens. Just one of the ugliest looks in pro sports, and always has been. Tacky trash.
What was even uglier was when our aqua turned to green, in the zach thomas years..ugh.

Well that seems pretty clear about the vice colours. How about the second part of the question guys?
2 - What 3 uniform line-up would you like to see?
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
It looks too 80s and I'm of the opinion the 80s need to stay exactly where they are and never come near us normal people born after 1990.
No idea why the 70s and 90s were so cool and the 80s look like a pile of hair grease.
"Galant wrote:
Well that seems pretty clear about the vice colours. How about the second part of the question guys?
2 - What 3 uniform line-up would you like to see?
In my perfect world, our primary uniform would go back to something very similar to what we wore in the late 80s to mid 90s, with that shade of aqua. I would remove the white space between the numbers on the white jersey though, and make the orange outline thicker to compensate. I would have the aqua jersey always been the home look, except in cases of extreme heat and sun early in the season.
I wouldn't have an alternate third jersey. Instead, they could mix and match aqua and white for special occasions, and go all aqua once a year.

"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:
It looks too 80s and I'm of the opinion the 80s need to stay exactly where they are and never come near us normal people born after 1990.
No idea why the 70s and 90s were so cool and the 80s look like a pile of hair grease.
90s was awful!
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
90s was awful!
I was 13 to 22 in the 90s, so it was a very important part of my life, and molding who I am. So, my viewpoint might be different from those who are older or younger, but I like the decade a lot.
As for the earlier period, I think that the simple answer is that a lot of people were on drugs in the late 70s through the 80s, especially those in the entertainment industry. Things got really weird in all aspects of pop culture, and the effect bled into almost every part of people's lives, including sports and uniforms.
"Unlucky 13 wrote:
I was 13 to 22 in the 90s, so it was a very important part of my life, and molding who I am. So, my viewpoint might be different from those who are older or younger, but I like the decade a lot.
As for the earlier period, I think that the simple answer is that a lot of people were on drugs in the late 70s through the 80s, especially those in the entertainment industry. Things got really weird in all aspects of pop culture, and the effect bled into almost every part of people's lives, including sports and uniforms.
We are relatively the same age. 90s fashion was the worst. So much neon. Everything eXtreme!
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Unlucky 13 wrote:
A few years ago, the team was selling fan gear in a much darker shade of aqua that they called blue. That is what I would love to have as our alternate uniform.
Yup. More of a teal blue. I bought a polo shirt in that color and I absolutely love it. Got/get a lot of comments when I wear it too. I said then and I still say I'd love to see the Dolphins switch over to that color as a primary color and use aqua and coral as accent colors. Would be bad ass. Hate the new aqua color. It's too light/bright. It does not look intimidating or masculine in any way IMHO.
If they won't do that then just go back to the old aqua color and the throwback unis, because those were (and still are) totally bad ass!
JMHO...
"Puka-head wrote:
ALL ORANGE ALL THE TIME!!!
There needs to be a sacrificial/ceremonial burning party of those all orange uni's, and never wear them again!
http://larrycsonka.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/071511-NFL-Larry-Csonka-PI_2011071516291173_660_320.jpg
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
We are relatively the same age. 90s fashion was the worst. So much neon. Everything eXtreme!
When I think of those things, I think mostly of the late 80s, bleeding into maybe around 1992. For me, that was grade school, and Jr High. I didn't dress that way. Some people that I know did. In that period where I was, there was just as much of the Metal look, with black tank tops, acid washed jeans, big hair, ect. Very popular with the...rural, economically disavantaged crowd. It probably depends a lot on where you were of course. I spent most of the time in West Virginia, while I know that you're from Seattle.
When I think of 90s fashion, my mind goes to the point where the heavy 80s influence had passed, and people were dressing like the casts of Friends, Reality Bites, or Scream. Or later the heavy influence of pop music in the later part of the decade, and then shows like Buffy.
"The G Man wrote:
Yup. More of a teal blue. I bought a polo shirt in that color and I absolutely love it. Got/get a lot of comments when I wear it too. I said then and I still say I'd love to see the Dolphins switch over to that color as a primary color and use aqua and coral as accent colors. Would be bad ***. Hate the new aqua color. It's too light/bright. It does not look intimidating or masculine in any way IMHO.
If they won't do that then just go back to the old aqua color and the throwback unis, because those were (and still are) totally bad ***!
JMHO...
There needs to be a sacrificial/ceremonial burning party of those all orange uni's, and never wear them again!
I'm totally with you. I've bought a lot of non-branded shirts and jackets in that darker aqua color from stores, and wear it as my unofficial Fins gear these days. Old Navy sold some for a while that even had orange and white accents, so its perfect. Just no logo.