any free agent gems out there you guys want?

34 replies

btfu149btfu149Forum VeteranOP
May 1, 2013, 07:35 PM

Any free agents any of you guys still want?

Personally I'd love to snag Winston or Clabo. Also depending on the price someone I'd be really interested in if the price was right would be Peyton Hillis, he had injury problems again last year but he did have a 100 yard game against Indy week 16 last year and I think he'd be a nice complement to Lamar Miller (better power back than Daniel Thomas anyways). Maybe we are happy with giving Thomas another year and try out Gillislee who knows

RickyBobbyRickyBobbyNew Member
May 1, 2013, 07:41 PM

Woodson and Winston

Great veteran leadership for our core of youth

btfu149btfu149Forum Veteran
May 1, 2013, 07:44 PM

Wouldn't mind seeing Woodson at all either. I bet he signs with a team like Baltimore though

RickyBobbyRickyBobbyNew Member
May 1, 2013, 07:46 PM

So funny people ragging on Baltimore. They still have rice,Smith and heap.

And there defense got a whole lot younger and faster, ohh and they get Webb back.

That are still gonna be Damn good

padre31padre31Luxury Box
May 1, 2013, 07:47 PM

Nah, Hillis just can't shake the injury bug.

ATM, after the draft and UDFA signings, aside from tackles it's hard to see us signing anyone like Freeney or Abraham.

btfu149btfu149Forum Veteran
May 1, 2013, 07:48 PM

they resign Heap? or did you mean Pitta?

surferosasurferosaNew Member
May 1, 2013, 07:48 PM

John Abraham. Pair him with Wake at DE and Dion Jordan at LB on first and second down. Hes still among the very best in the league at his trade and would make our defense an absolute force.

RickyBobbyRickyBobbyNew Member
May 1, 2013, 07:48 PM

"btfu149 wrote:

they resign Heap? or did you mean Pitta?

Haha, yeah pitta.

Almost the same player anyways

Dolfan4LifeDolfan4LifeForum Veteran
May 1, 2013, 07:49 PM

I'd like Woodson, he'd be a great leader and mentor for our young db's! But i guess he wants a shot with a contender!

Pray for the lost souls, injured and families that have been affected in the Boston Marathon explosion

btfu149btfu149Forum Veteran
May 1, 2013, 07:49 PM

"padre31 wrote:

Nah, Hillis just can't shake the injury bug.

ATM, after the draft and UDFA signings, aside from tackles it's hard to see us signing anyone like Freeney or Abraham.

Are you comfortable going into the season with Miller, Thomas and Gillislee? I just think if the price is right Hillis is worth the risk

RickyBobbyRickyBobbyNew Member
May 1, 2013, 07:56 PM

I don't want anyone at de opposite wake who isn't as good at stopping the run as Odrick.

I think we go ahead toward getting pressure with wake Starks Odrick Vernon Jordan and wheller

Don't forget wheller was the 2nd best passrushing 4-3 Olb behind only Miller last year.

Weren't we like 5th in sacks last year?

What is an offense gonna do when we sugar the A gaps with wheller and ellerbe, while Jordan is out wide and wake Odrick and Starks on the line. This worked last year with Burnett Dansby and Misi.

Now we will do it with elkerbe wheller and Jordan, and corners that can jump the ball, instead of Smith and Carroll.

This is our vision.

Pressure and tirnovers

RickyBobbyRickyBobbyNew Member
May 1, 2013, 07:57 PM

"btfu149 wrote:

Are you comfortable going into the season with Miller, Thomas and Gillislee? I just think if the price is right Hillis is worth the risk

And Gray.

I am, basically promoting Miller and replacing Bush with a younger, more decisive, better blocking, gillislee

Boik14Boik14Supporter
May 1, 2013, 07:59 PM

If we're going to sign a back Id go for ahmad Bradshaw. His blitz pick up and receiving skills are a skillset currently missing from our backfield. Winston at RT would be the other move. Abraham is a pass rusher but hes a 3rd down/pass rusher exclusively at this point imo

Dolfan4LifeDolfan4LifeForum Veteran
May 1, 2013, 08:02 PM

"btfu149 wrote:

Are you comfortable going into the season with Miller, Thomas and Gillislee? I just think if the price is right Hillis is worth the risk

I'm comfortable with them and Jonas Gray as well, the RB position is not what it used to be, it's more and more about the blocking scheme in front of them nowadays, imo. Just look at the Redskins and what Alfred Morris did in Shanahan's scheme, it's like everybody can run for 1000+ yards in this scheme!

Pray for the lost souls, injured and families that have been affected in the Boston Marathon explosion

btfu149btfu149Forum Veteran
May 1, 2013, 08:03 PM

"RickyBobby wrote:

And Gray.

I am, basically promoting Miller and replacing Bush with a younger, more decisive, better blocking, gillislee

I really do think we have a solid number one with Lamar Miller. Thomas has been very dissapointing though IMO hopefully Gillislee works out though. I didn't mention Gray because I haven't really seen him play since his ND days

RickyBobbyRickyBobbyNew Member
May 1, 2013, 08:14 PM

"btfu149 wrote:

I really do think we have a solid number one with Lamar Miller. Thomas has been very dissapointing though IMO hopefully Gillislee works out though. I didn't mention Gray because I haven't really seen him play since his ND days

Yeah we have a lot of players coming off injuries.

Thomas Gray
Keller clay
Marshall grimes

Hope they all do well

FinrunnerFinrunnerForum Veteran
May 1, 2013, 08:27 PM

"Boik14 wrote:

If we're going to sign a back Id go for ahmad Bradshaw. His blitz pick up and receiving skills are a skillset currently missing from our backfield. Winston at RT would be the other move. Abraham is a pass rusher but hes a 3rd down/pass rusher exclusively at this point imo

I'd still take Abraham. Yeah, he's mainly a third down player, but he'd find his way on the field in other situations. Second and longs after holding penalties. Two minute drills at the end of halves. What was more frustrating last year than watching Andrew Luck have the time to complete 2nd or 3rd and 17s on our defense? I think Abraham opposite Wake would be a difference-maker in situations like that. That said, I don't think we're likely to pick him up. Ireland or Philbin, one of the two, said that they were looking at Dion Jordan as mainly a third down pass rusher to start with - although I'd hope he'd get on the field more than that as both a DE/OLB. However, they might think of Abraham as a progress stopper.

I agree on Winston, too. He seems like a good fit and isn't too old. Gotta hope that his being jettisoned by his former two teams is just the result of salary cap issues versus performance/character issues. Not sure if Winston's really still looking at us, but he hasn't signed elsewhere, so to my thinking he's still available. I mentioned in another thread the Dolphins may even double down on tackles, although that's not probable. If they did, I think they'd be basically out of free agent money, ergo, Abraham wouldn't be a consideration anyway. You can't have everything.

To me, though, those two signings would give the Dolphins the most bang for their buck... and I think they still need that, especially at the tackle position (obviously).

GO DOLPHINS !!!
WAR EAGLE !!!

padre31padre31Luxury Box
May 1, 2013, 08:48 PM

"Boik14 wrote:

If we're going to sign a back Id go for ahmad Bradshaw. His blitz pick up and receiving skills are a skillset currently missing from our backfield. Winston at RT would be the other move. Abraham is a pass rusher but hes a 3rd down/pass rusher exclusively at this point imo

And we just took Jordan and Vernon is a holdover with upside.

Bradshaw I could get on board with tbh, he's skillset reminds me a bit of Kevin Faulk's

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
May 1, 2013, 08:53 PM

"surferosa wrote:

John Abraham. Pair him with Wake at DE and Dion Jordan at LB on first and second down. Hes still among the very best in the league at his trade and would make our defense an absolute force.

I was pretty high on the idea of Abraham here, and still would be if he would take a lower contract offer. I worry that, due to his age, he wears down as the season goes on. only 1 sack the last 6 games of last season. I didn't watch him play, so not sure if he was double teamed or not.

If we're going to go out and get one more higher priced FA, it needs to be a RT.

testing

btfu149btfu149Forum Veteran
May 1, 2013, 09:00 PM

Obviously just highlights but I enjoyed this clip of Mike Gillislee he looks a little faster than they made it sound when we drafted him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46F1Yt3jF10

LarryfinfanLarryfinfanSupporter
May 1, 2013, 09:09 PM

Seems like the fan base is all in on on ( or more) of the OTs and the fins are somewhat cool on the idea...

TheAnswer385TheAnswer385Forum Veteran
May 1, 2013, 09:17 PM

"RickyBobby wrote:

So funny people ragging on Baltimore. They still have rice,Smith and heap.

And there defense got a whole lot younger and faster, ohh and they get Webb back.

That are still gonna be Damn good

heap? lol

SLsleekNew Member
May 1, 2013, 10:20 PM

Nate Washington. He has played most the receiver spots, has good hands, still pretty fast, & makes some nice acrobatic catches. I think he would be a nice option for Tannehill & would add another dimension to our passing game.

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
May 1, 2013, 10:21 PM

I'd bring Devery Henderson in at the minimum and see if he could make the team in camp.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
May 1, 2013, 10:57 PM

"RickyBobby wrote:

I don't want anyone at de opposite wake who isn't as good at stopping the run as Odrick.

I think we go ahead toward getting pressure with wake Starks Odrick Vernon Jordan and wheller

Don't forget wheller was the 2nd best passrushing 4-3 Olb behind only Miller last year.

Weren't we like 5th in sacks last year?

What is an offense gonna do when we sugar the A gaps with wheller and ellerbe, while Jordan is out wide and wake Odrick and Starks on the line. This worked last year with Burnett Dansby and Misi.

Now we will do it with elkerbe wheller and Jordan, and corners that can jump the ball, instead of Smith and Carroll.

This is our vision.

Pressure and tirnovers

Phillip Wheeler homeslice..