Draft Countdown's 2 round mock(Scott Wright)

18 replies

Topdawg13Topdawg13New MemberOP
Feb 18, 2010, 12:17 AM

Round One

Round Two

Miami's picks:

12. Jason Pierre-Paul, OLB, South Florida

43. Brandon Lafell, WR, LSU

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Feb 18, 2010, 07:26 AM

I really dislike JPP to us - to high of a bust potential imo, and I dont think he will have an immediate impact.

This year I think we need a homerun in the draft. We are on the cusp of long time contention, and a major first round bust would throw a big wrench in that.

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Feb 18, 2010, 07:37 AM

I would be very happy with those top 2 picks

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Feb 18, 2010, 07:47 AM

I've already mentioned a few times, but JPP reminds me MUCH of Vernon Ghoulston.....no thanks.
LaFell? I think there will be many better picks still there.
Used to live and die by Scott Wright.....seems like less and less so each year.

ToddsPhinsToddsPhinsNew Member
Feb 18, 2010, 10:35 AM

I would be very upset with these 2 picks. Sorry Fin. LOL.

He needs to switch to Scott Wrong after those 2.

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Feb 18, 2010, 10:39 AM

"ToddsPhins wrote:

I would be very upset with these 2 picks. Sorry Fin. LOL.

He need to switch to Scott Wrong after those 2.

Your fired!

ToddsPhinsToddsPhinsNew Member
Feb 18, 2010, 10:48 AM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

Your fired!

:lol:

Vengeful OdinVengeful OdinForum Veteran
Feb 18, 2010, 11:24 AM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

I would be very happy with those top 2 picks

I wouldn't mind them honestly. But then again, I actually am one of the few that likes JPP.

"azfinfanmang wrote:

I've already mentioned a few times, but JPP reminds me MUCH of Vernon Ghoulston.....no thanks.
LaFell? I think there will be many better picks still there.
Used to live and die by Scott Wright.....seems like less and less so each year.

I completely agree. Wright was my go-to-guy for draft info for years ... but other sites **cough** Universaldraft.com **cough** have far surpassed him.

ConuficusConuficusLuxury Box
Feb 18, 2010, 11:31 AM

"Vengeful Odin wrote:

I wouldn't mind them honestly. But then again, I actually am one of the few that likes JPP.

I completely agree. Wright was my go-to-guy for draft info for years ... but other sites **cough** Universaldraft.com **cough** have far surpassed him.

:lol:

Thanks. I have to wonder why JPP gets all this attention, yet guys like Derrick Morgan, Ricky Sapp, and Brandon Graham etc go by the wayside. I find it interesting to say the least. Everyone of those players listed has performed comparably against better competition.

Sorry, but the Big East doesn't strike me as a be all end all conference. If the ACC is considered soft by some, then what the hell is the Big East?

Feb 18, 2010, 11:47 AM

It's not about performance with JPP it's about potential. He has Julius Peppers type potential.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Feb 18, 2010, 11:52 AM

I actually really like that scenario. I would hope Tate was there over lafell but I think Tate sneaks in to the back of round 1. I too am one of the few who likes jpp. He also is a poster child for the planet theory.

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Feb 18, 2010, 11:54 AM

"ckparrothead wrote:

It's not about performance with JPP it's about potential. He has Julius Peppers type potential.

Which once again, who Ghoulston reminded people of.
He might end up being great, he has great measurables, but I think he just as likely could be very much not even close to 1st round talent.
Do you think were in a position to take that gamble?
Ghoulston had incredible potential.

Feb 18, 2010, 11:58 AM

I never thought that about Gholston and I never heard anyone make that comparison about him either. He was a good athlete but I didn't see that All World potential in him. He didn't have very good hips and he tended to make plays happen only one way. I really don't see the comparison between Gholston and JPP, except perhaps in the head.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Feb 18, 2010, 11:58 AM

"azfinfanmang wrote:

Which once again, who Ghoulston reminded people of.
He might end up being great, he has great measurables, but I think he just as likely could be very much not even close to 1st round talent.
Do you think were in a position to take that gamble?
Ghoulston had incredible potential.

Gholston had excellent production too.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Feb 18, 2010, 12:00 PM

"Vengeful Odin wrote:

I wouldn't mind them honestly. But then again, I actually am one of the few that likes JPP.

I completely agree. Wright was my go-to-guy for draft info for years ... but other sites **cough** Universaldraft.com **cough** have far surpassed him.

Wright was my g2g when it was one of the few free sites that I knew of. Once I found nfldraftscout it became (and still is) my favorite. It is harder to navigate now without being forced to some cbs site, but it's still very good for raw #'s (which is what I'm usually looking for).

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Feb 18, 2010, 12:09 PM

Walterfootball is pretty good as well.

ToddsPhinsToddsPhinsNew Member
Feb 18, 2010, 12:34 PM

"Conuficus wrote:

:lol:

Thanks. I have to wonder why JPP gets all this attention, yet guys like Derrick Morgan, Ricky Sapp, and Brandon Graham etc go by the wayside. I find it interesting to say the least. Everyone of those players listed has performed comparably against better competition.

Sorry, but the Big East doesn't strike me as a be all end all conference. If the ACC is considered soft by some, then what the hell is the Big East?

.....what's left of VaTech, Miami, and BC. :shifty:

ToddsPhinsToddsPhinsNew Member
Feb 18, 2010, 12:42 PM

"azfinfanmang wrote:

Walterfootball is pretty good as well.

I used to like Walterfootball a few years ago..... until I found out that Matt McGuire is a pompous windbag. The only thing Matt likes more than listening to himself talk.... is watching a video of himself listening to himself talk. Other than that, I agree it's a good reference point.

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Feb 18, 2010, 12:56 PM

I can't think of a much worse scenario to see in the 2nd rd then the Patriots getting the 3 players Wright has them taking. Only thing worse to see would be them turning one of those 2's into a 1 again.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU