Dragon Age: Inquisition

195 replies

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Nov 11, 2014, 11:36 AM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

http://kotaku.com/11-things-you-should-know-about-dragon-age-inquisitio-1657127952

Really good semi-review at Kotaku that relieved any fears that I had left about the game. No real spoilers, so I recommend it if you're on the fence.

The game is huge and the author took 85 hours to complete the story and still feels that there is a ton of content to explore on their second playthrough.

Great! I can't wait to play it.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Nov 12, 2014, 08:34 AM

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/11/dragon-age-inquisition-review

Official review at IGN. Similar to the one at Kotaku in their conclusions.

When I’d finally slain my first dragon in Dragon Age: Inquisition, I felt a little sad at the thought that I was probably beginning to exhaust its seemingly endless stream of content. But then I saw the quest ticker: “Dragons Slayed - 1 out of 10.” In all my hours, I had only ever seen three. It’s a surprisingly huge, dense world, and I soon realized there were still entire sandboxes I hadn’t even set foot in. Even in my hundredth hour, I’m still discovering. Despite its less than compelling plot, I still want to go back to explore and fight through every nook and cranny of Dragon Age: Inquisition, until every dragon’s skull is mounted on my wall.

Tone_ETone_ESupporter
Nov 12, 2014, 11:17 AM

It may just be me, but I would probably enjoy the game more if it was only 40 something hours like the earlier games. 85+, 100+ and still finding new things? I don't have that attention span for a game and won't put that kind of hours into it unless it is a FPS like Battlefield or Arma or something that I play here and there on the regular.

Same with Skyrim. After failing to do any mission plots because I was just wandering around exploring (which was fun) I just lost interest after a while.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Nov 12, 2014, 12:47 PM

"Tone_E wrote:

It may just be me, but I would probably enjoy the game more if it was only 40 something hours like the earlier games. 85+, 100+ and still finding new things? I don't have that attention span for a game and won't put that kind of hours into it unless it is a FPS like Battlefield or Arma or something that I play here and there on the regular.

Same with Skyrim. After failing to do any mission plots because I was just wandering around exploring (which was fun) I just lost interest after a while.

And I'm the polar opposite, lol. Everyone can have their own opinion of course, but if I don't get at least 70+ hours out of a RPG, I really feel cheated. And I never, ever play FPS games, or anything online or with other people. I want to put as much time into one enjoyable game, by myself, as I can. Skyrim is my personal record at over 130 hours on one playthrough. Based on what I've read, I'm expecting that might fall with DA3, and I'm giddy about it. I have time for maybe two hours of gaming a day, and don't every single day, so I'll likely be into it nearly every day well into February. :up:

Then I'll move on to AC Unity, and then probably back into a second playthrough of DA. Played the first to three times each.

Zeke0123Zeke0123Forum Veteran
Nov 12, 2014, 09:48 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

And I'm the polar opposite, lol. Everyone can have their own opinion of course, but if I don't get at least 70+ hours out of a RPG, I really feel cheated. And I never, ever play FPS games, or anything online or with other people. I want to put as much time into one enjoyable game, by myself, as I can. Skyrim is my personal record at over 130 hours on one playthrough. Based on what I've read, I'm expecting that might fall with DA3, and I'm giddy about it. I have time for maybe two hours of gaming a day, and don't every single day, so I'll likely be into it nearly every day well into February. :up:

Then I'll move on to AC Unity, and then probably back into a second playthrough of DA. Played the first to three times each.

I'm the same way but did multiples with ME 1/2 and had 150+ with Skyrim and oblivion and probably close to that with every fallout..I already prepurchased this one and threw in the 10 bucks for the horse etc..I don't mind spending a little extra on games I'd like to see more of.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Nov 13, 2014, 06:23 AM

I played ME2&3 each twice, but I think my playthroughs on them were only in the 35-40 hour range. The games are great, but don't offer much of anything in the way of exploration or going off and finding things on your own, or just beating up on enemies to level up.

invidinvidSupporter
Nov 13, 2014, 09:29 AM

I'm looking forward to this game, especially the coop. I'm alright with the length as long as it is challenging over the second half. I'm not going to feel like exploring everything if its a cakewalk.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Nov 13, 2014, 11:36 AM

"invid wrote:

I'm looking forward to this game, especially the coop. I'm alright with the length as long as it is challenging over the second half. I'm not going to feel like exploring everything if its a cakewalk.

They have hard mode and Insane mode. If you want it to be more difficult, you can make it more difficult. Of course you should start difficult if you want the achievement.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Nov 13, 2014, 12:32 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

They have hard mode and Insane mode. If you want it to be more difficult, you can make it more difficult. Of course you should start difficult if you want the achievement.

With no healing magic and limited potions, Im worried about surviving on normal mode.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Nov 13, 2014, 12:41 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

With no healing magic and limited potions, Im worried about surviving on normal mode.

I am happy they brought the challenge back.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Nov 13, 2014, 02:11 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

I am happy they brought the challenge back.

As I mentioned before, the first game completely kicked my ass to the point that it wasn't fun for me at the end. I'm hoping the fact that there is no leveling limit combined with the fact that monsters/enemies don't level along with you will allow me to get through anything as long as I'm patient enough.

branbranNew Member
Nov 18, 2014, 12:51 AM

i absolutely love dragon age: origins. I could not stand dragon age II and i was extremely worried about inquisition, but everything i have seen and have read has definitely impressed me and i will be purchasing the game tomorrow.

byroan;2178644 wrote:

Tannehill could have had more time had Clabo just fell down and forced Mario to step over him.

Zeke0123Zeke0123Forum Veteran
Nov 18, 2014, 04:48 PM

Only roughly an hour in all I can really say is the graphics are unreal and the rogue combat is extremely satisfying...looking forward to getting a lot deeper into it ;).

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Nov 18, 2014, 06:03 PM

"Zeke0123 wrote:

Only roughly an hour in all I can really say is the graphics are unreal and the rogue combat is extremely satisfying...looking forward to getting a lot deeper into it ;).

I have played six hours. I first did a mage, then I switched to a warrior. I am having lots of fun.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Nov 18, 2014, 07:41 PM

Two hours in. Really satisfied so far.

VanDolPhanVanDolPhanSupporter
Nov 18, 2014, 09:27 PM

11 hours in and barely scratched the surface. Level 7 rogue. The only problem with the enemies not leveling with you is that you don't know your not supposed to be there until they wtfbampowown you. You can be fine in one area...move 20 feet in the same area and just get slaughtered.

Although finding that dragon at level 4 was funny. "Oh hi there........." dead.

Starry31Starry31Forum Veteran
Nov 18, 2014, 10:03 PM

Picked it up today but laptop can't handle it so I'll have to wait on a new one to get here. My laptop has done an admirable job over five and a half years and knew I'd have to replace it soon so not too sad about it. I guess I'll join in on the fun a little later.

branbranNew Member
Nov 19, 2014, 02:20 AM

"VanDolPhan wrote:

11 hours in and barely scratched the surface. Level 7 rogue. The only problem with the enemies not leveling with you is that you don't know your not supposed to be there until they wtfbampowown you. You can be fine in one area...move 20 feet in the same area and just get slaughtered.

Although finding that dragon at level 4 was funny. "Oh hi there........." dead.

i remember the same things happening to me in the gothic franchise. i kind of like it, always keeps you on your toes.

im about 5 hrs in and i think the game so far feels like it is a definite return to form for the series.

byroan;2178644 wrote:

Tannehill could have had more time had Clabo just fell down and forced Mario to step over him.

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Nov 19, 2014, 08:02 AM

"VanDolPhan wrote:

11 hours in and barely scratched the surface. Level 7 rogue. The only problem with the enemies not leveling with you is that you don't know your not supposed to be there until they wtfbampowown you. You can be fine in one area...move 20 feet in the same area and just get slaughtered.

Although finding that dragon at level 4 was funny. "Oh hi there........." dead.

Sounds like the first time I played Demon's Souls.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Nov 19, 2014, 09:00 AM

8 hours in and I'm loving it. Definately borrowed a lot from Skyrim, and thats a very good thing. Exploring and doing side quests.

Tone_ETone_ESupporter
Nov 19, 2014, 09:57 AM

Just curious here, how big was the download?

invidinvidSupporter
Nov 19, 2014, 10:21 AM

Starting my copy tonight.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Nov 19, 2014, 01:37 PM

"Tone_E wrote:

Just curious here, how big was the download?

Game did not need to load onto the PS4. I was expecting it to be huge, since my only other two PS4 games (MLB The Show and Madden) required really big loads onto the system's hard drive.

There was a 150 MB update which you'll need to do anything online. It also apparently corrects the game from crashing the PS4 and XBOX.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Nov 19, 2014, 02:42 PM

I restarted for the third time. I have played at least 10 hours. On the 10th hour I finally figured out how to use the war room. Too busy wasting my power on other quests and not going to talk to the Chantry.

I am a dummy.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

invidinvidSupporter
Nov 19, 2014, 04:20 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

I restarted for the third time. I have played at least 10 hours. On the 10th hour I finally figured out how to use the war room. Too busy wasting my power on other quests and not going to talk to the Chantry.

I am a dummy.

Could you explain so I don't make the same mistake when I boot it up in about 5 hours?