I still feel sick

64 replies

JWjw3102Forum Veteran
Sep 26, 2012, 05:48 PM

"Arodgers12 wrote:

Have you guys ever been through a game where you got robbed? That was the most devasting loss ever.

A few years ago, Vinny Testaverde was given a TD against the Seahawks, when he wasn't even close to crossing the goal line. This caused the Seahawks to miss the playoffs and for their coach, Dennis Erickson, to lose his job. So even though the Packers were robbed in this game, the Seahawks and their fans certainly know what it feels like to lose a game because of the incompetence of the referees. The difference was that when the Seahawks were robbed on the Testaverde Td, it was the regular refs who made the error and not replacement refs.

It is time for you to get over the loss. There is absolutely nothing you can do to change it and, the Packers will probably still make the playoffs this season.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Sep 26, 2012, 05:53 PM

"jw3102 wrote:

A few years ago, Vinny Testaverde was given a TD against the Seahawks, when he wasn't even close to crossing the goal line. This caused the Seahawks to miss the playoffs and for their coach, Dennis Erickson, to lose his job. So even though the Packers were robbed in this game, the Seahawks and their fans certainly know what it feels like to lose a game because of the incompetence of the referees. The difference was that when the Seahawks were robbed on the Testaverde Td, it was the regular refs who made the error and not replacement refs.

It is time for you to get over the loss. There is absolutely nothing you can do to change it and, the Packers will probably still make the playoffs this season.

His head was. My friend's reaction to that play was hilarious.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

JWjw3102Forum Veteran
Sep 26, 2012, 06:01 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

His head was. My friend's reaction to that play was hilarious.

Yes his head was close to the goal. Unfortunately for the Seahawks and the ref who signaled it was a TD, the ball was at least two yards from the goal line.

TrowaTrowaNew Member
Sep 26, 2012, 06:10 PM

We got so ****ing jobbed against New Orleans they changed an entire rule.

Sep 26, 2012, 06:14 PM

I like most people think it was a bad call but I was thinking isn't there a rule where a tie goes to the receiver? Either way, wasn't much of a tie, the packers had it. Or am i mixing up a baseball rule about a tie going to the runner? lol.
Tough loss. that sucks!

GreysonWinfieldGreysonWinfieldNew Member
Sep 26, 2012, 08:00 PM

Sand Diego '94 divisional playoffs. I'm stilll not over it.

One game at a time: Your 2016 Miami Dolphins.
A team without leadership, players without heart: Your 2015 Miami Dolphins.
Carrying on a decade plus of underachieving and mediocrity: Your 2014 Miami Dolphins.
Pissing on your dreams and tearing your heart out: Your 2013 Miami Dolphins.

smahtazsmahtazForum Veteran
Sep 26, 2012, 08:38 PM

You should feel sick. Rodgers could easily be on IR after that showing.



It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Sep 26, 2012, 08:47 PM

As bad as the GB OL played you should feel sick. Still GB should have had a 12-7 win and I think most anyone who is not a Seahawk/Lions/Bears/Vikes fan will say so. Dont worry though,next time the replacement refs will call it strike 3 and send the opposing team to the foul line for 2 shots. Then there will be a shootout tiebreaker with your fattest OL playing goalie cause thats how Baseketfoothockey is played according to the refs. Seriously all you can do is shake your head and blame the NFL since most of these guys havent even refereed at a D3 level. Its the leagues fault for putting these poor scrubs in this position.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Sep 26, 2012, 08:51 PM

"Boik14 wrote:

Seriously all you can do is shake your head and blame the NFL since most of these guys havent even refereed at a D3 level. Its the leagues fault for putting these poor scrubs in this position.

Why is it the NFL's fault that the NFLRA wants things like back pay for games they didn't referee, and want to be paid more than full-time NFL employees for a part-time job?

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Sep 26, 2012, 09:01 PM

"Desides wrote:

Why is it the NFL's fault that the NFLRA wants things like back pay for games they didn't referee, and want to be paid more than full-time NFL employees for a part-time job?

Because the NFL doesn't have to lock them out

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
Sep 26, 2012, 09:07 PM

"Arodgers12 wrote:

Have you guys ever been through a game where you got robbed? That was the most devasting loss ever.

We feel your pain.

Sep 26, 2012, 09:58 PM

That Steelers game STILL pisses me off to this day. It probably has a lot to due with the fact my brother is a die hard Steelers fan, but still. We were ****ing robbed.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Sep 26, 2012, 10:01 PM

"Boik14 wrote:

As bad as the GB OL played you should feel sick. Still GB should have had a 12-7 win and I think most anyone who is not a Seahawk/Lions/Bears/Vikes fan will say so. Dont worry though,next time the replacement refs will call it strike 3 and send the opposing team to the foul line for 2 shots. Then there will be a shootout tiebreaker with your fattest OL playing goalie cause thats how Baseketfoothockey is played according to the refs. Seriously all you can do is shake your head and blame the NFL since most of these guys havent even refereed at a D3 level. Its the leagues fault for putting these poor scrubs in this position.

Geez Matt, why don't ya pile on the poor guy some more lol

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Sep 26, 2012, 10:02 PM

We beat the steelers that day..Fargin Iceholes.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Sep 26, 2012, 11:41 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

Because the NFL doesn't have to lock them out

Actually, in the absence of a contract, yes, they do.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

ANAnonymousSupporter
Sep 27, 2012, 12:06 AM

I have to be honest about that Steelers game. I still don't think we would have won had the referee made the correct call. I don't see that game any where near the same as this game.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Sep 27, 2012, 12:09 AM

What do I feel like?

unifiedtheoryunifiedtheoryLuxury Box
Sep 27, 2012, 12:37 AM

"dolfan22 wrote:

NO game 3 years ago ...

The rage I feel towards this game still hangs around. It's an underrated ass ****ing we received that day.

I'm on Twitter @ut_pez

Mcduffie81Mcduffie81Supporter
Sep 27, 2012, 12:39 AM

"Arodgers12 wrote:

Have you guys ever been through a game where you got robbed? That was the most devasting loss ever.

I feel for you man.....

Wait. No I don't!!!!! We havent won sh*t in 40 years! :lol:

"There is nothing to fear, except everyone trying to tackle me." - Ted Ginn Jr.

Dr. MookieDr. MookieNew Member
Sep 27, 2012, 12:58 AM

Loss in 95 playoffs to the Chargers was the worst...

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Sep 27, 2012, 06:56 AM

"MrClean wrote:

Not defending Steratore, but the quick whistle came from the line judge or head linesman. I seem to recall his name being Jerry Bergman. I'm too lazy to go look it up though.

That's true, but you notice how quick Steratore is to nod his head in agreement and before he even gets to a place to stand still and announce the call he's already stating it's a TD.

bakedmattbakedmattNew Member
Sep 27, 2012, 08:44 AM

"xphinfanx wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRInQyUV16k&feature=related
We feel your pain.

Stop it. You're making me angry. They invented **** on the spot and gave it to them on the one instead of signaling TD or change of possession. That's what really gets to me.

To think that that guy gets a raise.

@matthewfpepin

DorfdadDorfdadForum Veteran
Sep 27, 2012, 09:11 AM

You shouldnt feel sick or mad because we got ROBBED. I have said it plenty of times sine the loss. We had ample opportunities to win this game. 2 missed field goals, constant running game but when were driving for the winning field goal we pass all 3 times instead of getting 10 yards closer, missed INT's, fumbles, pick 6, pass interference etc..

The fact of the matter was the coaching staff was scared to play this game and it shows. way to conservative 1-2 downs were always runs. We lost this. This team lost this game. It wasn't stolen we let it slip away...

HardKoreXXXHardKoreXXXNew Member
Sep 27, 2012, 09:41 AM

"Desides wrote:

Why is it the NFL's fault that the NFLRA wants things like back pay for games they didn't referee, and want to be paid more than full-time NFL employees for a part-time job?

It may seem unfair to do so on principal, but is it worth to stand your ground on something when the alternative means damaging the integrity of your product? That's the issue. I'll shed a tear for the wealthy owners who aren't making as much now.

@BaseyCrock

"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

Two TacosTwo TacosSupporter
Sep 27, 2012, 09:43 AM

"Dorfdad wrote:

You shouldnt feel sick or mad because we got ROBBED. I have said it plenty of times sine the loss. We had ample opportunities to win this game. 2 missed field goals, constant running game but when were driving for the winning field goal we pass all 3 times instead of getting 10 yards closer, missed INT's, fumbles, pick 6, pass interference etc..

The fact of the matter was the coaching staff was scared to play this game and it shows. way to conservative 1-2 downs were always runs. We lost this. This team lost this game. It wasn't stolen we let it slip away...

P-1:Pu er tea on cake shape;350g;2 years;$15.00

P-2:Pu er tea on Cake shape: 350g;3 years:$20.00

P-3:Pu er tea on Cake shape:350g;4 years:$28.00

P-4: Pu er tea on cake shape;350g;5 years:$45.00

P-4-1:Pu er tea on cake shape:350g; 8 years:$110.00

Source: http://www.yixingteapotsale.com/teaname.htm

________________________________________

"It's a bunch of drunk, mid-30s type of crowd who are very well-educated," Evans said. "Much more vocal. A little bit more crazy. It's a little nastier playing down there, to be honest."

--Sounders Midfielder Brad Evans on Portland vs Seattle Fans--