Interesting twist if True

54 replies

maynardmaynardNew Member
Jan 12, 2012, 04:58 PM

"Daben wrote:

It's also possible that Fisher has asked for some organisational changes and it's actually him waiting for a response from Ross and co., not the other way around.

that seems to be the case

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." GRRM, ADWD

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Jan 12, 2012, 04:58 PM

"Daben wrote:

Sounds like Schefter, Glazer etc are falling in line with the Mike Silver report. Marvin Demoff's reputation for being tight lipped is certainly well deserved, it's pretty impressive how some very accomplished nfl news folks are coming up completely empty.

LaConfora has been clowned in all of this, Glazer was all bold last week, this week he is saying zip.

I'm kinda over this personally, don't mind if we get Fisher, Zimmer, or even Chudzinski if we interview after losing out on Fisher. Biggest news for me was Mularkey being taken off the market. That made me :yahoo:

Eh, I think Fisher would be a perceived win, but his performance can go either way, we all thought Tuna would have righted the ship and all that really happened was the roster was upgraded.

jinxjinxForum Veteran
Jan 12, 2012, 04:58 PM

How badly is Jeff Ireland hoping Fisher picks the Rams?

maynardmaynardNew Member
Jan 12, 2012, 05:00 PM

next time we are hiring a coach I'm going dark here. Between Parcells, Harbaugh and now with Fisher....

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." GRRM, ADWD

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Jan 12, 2012, 05:01 PM

"Muck wrote:

"neither side has yet to make an offer."

I'm no English major, but that means both sides have made offers. :lol:

maynardmaynardNew Member
Jan 12, 2012, 05:01 PM

"jinx wrote:

How badly is Jeff Ireland hoping Fisher picks the Rams?

the weasel factor might be at play, but Peterson is still around no doubt

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." GRRM, ADWD

branbranNew Member
Jan 12, 2012, 05:02 PM

"maynard wrote:

next time we are hiring a coach I'm going dark here. Between Parcells, Harbaugh and now with Fisher....

yeah im starting to feel the same way

byroan;2178644 wrote:

Tannehill could have had more time had Clabo just fell down and forced Mario to step over him.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Jan 12, 2012, 05:04 PM

"jinx wrote:

How badly is Jeff Ireland hoping Fisher picks the Rams?

Per Scheftie on Rosenberg's show today, Fisher is a big fan of Ireland.

Shocking I know, but that is the thinking ATM.

www.wqam.com

http://www.wqam.com/index.php?page=347&sid=v5a9l0vj489b6f004fdu90k27ppv50k3

branbranNew Member
Jan 12, 2012, 05:08 PM

"padre31 wrote:

Per Scheftie on Rosenberg's show today, Fisher is a big fan of Ireland.

Shocking I know, but that is the thinking ATM.

www.wqam.com

http://www.wqam.com/index.php?page=347&sid=v5a9l0vj489b6f004fdu90k27ppv50k3

:huh1:

byroan;2178644 wrote:

Tannehill could have had more time had Clabo just fell down and forced Mario to step over him.

CrunchTimeCrunchTimeRetired Admin
Jan 12, 2012, 05:11 PM

I disagree about the Colts attractiveness to potential coaching candidates .Coaches who have franchise QBs are usually overated and sometimes considered to be geniuses.The Colts already have a great franchise QB and are in line to draft the next potential great franchise QB.

QB is the hardest position to fill so any future potential Colt head coach will have a lot less to worry about.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Jan 12, 2012, 05:16 PM

"bran wrote:

:huh1:

SoftliSTL Tony Softli
Jason LaCanfora is saying Fishers decision will most likely come this weekend. He also said the Rams are struggling with 6-7 Million a yr

Foolish on their part, how you going to cry about 7 million when you are losing that much money on attendance?

MRmracerNew Member
Jan 12, 2012, 05:54 PM

I thought Fisher was supposed to announce something today. This blows!! Let's just hire Bowles or Moss and move on.......

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Jan 12, 2012, 05:58 PM

Its hilarious that so many people that were excited to see Fisher sign, are ready to move on because he took a day or two longer than they thought to accept.

Sigh.

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Jan 12, 2012, 05:58 PM

"mracer wrote:

I thought Fisher was supposed to announce something today. This blows!! Let's just hire Bowles and move on.......

I'm starting to think Bowles might be the best choice but I doubt it will happen because of one very significant fact - fans would view it as not making a change and season ticket sales would suffer. It's a pity that what may be our best choice has no chance because of what the bean counters will tell Ross. It will be interesting if the Raiders hire him and we get to see what he can do in a full season.

MRmracerNew Member
Jan 12, 2012, 06:00 PM

"Finascious D wrote:

Its hilarious that so many people that were excited to see Fisher sign, are ready to move on because he took a day or two longer than they thought to accept.

Sigh.

So what are you trying to say? I'm being impatient? (sarcasm)

THThemoleNew Member
Jan 12, 2012, 06:02 PM

"NJFINSFAN1 wrote:

Next

Adam Schefter
Source said Jeff Fisher is making sure he has ideal situation. "This is not about money, not about negotiating. This is about winning."

This may have something to do with Vince Young, being shoved down Fishers throat by Floyd Reeves in Nashville. JF, didn't want Young and it caused a huge riff between management and JF. He is most likely trying to line things so that never happens to him again. Can't say that I blame him. After all, losses fall on the coaches shoulder whether they deserve it or not.

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

Jan 12, 2012, 06:08 PM

"Finascious D wrote:

Its hilarious that so many people that were excited to see Fisher sign, are ready to move on because he took a day or two longer than they thought to accept.

Sigh.

Forgive me for being annoyed. We were told it a decision would come early this week, then it became wednesday, then it became thursday then it became friday, now we may have to wait untill sunday at the latest.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

JagfishJagfishNew Member
Jan 12, 2012, 06:13 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/12/the-jeff-fisher-leverage-game-takes-a-bizarre-turn/

Florio, for what it's worth, is calling this report BS and spin from the Fisher camp, to make it look like he is not dragging this out.

CD13CD13Supporter
Jan 12, 2012, 06:15 PM

I am ready to just not go online for a week, and just check back. It is annoying not knowing, and really it doesn't matter right now - cripes the playoffs are just getting started...

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Jan 12, 2012, 06:16 PM

"Frumundah Finnatic wrote:

Forgive me for being annoyed. We were told it a decision would come early this week, then it became wednesday, then it became thursday then it became friday, now we may have to wait untill sunday at the latest.

And?

The season isn't even over. There are so many viable candidates we can't even talk to yet. Everyone should effing relax.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Jan 12, 2012, 06:21 PM

"Finascious D wrote:

And?

The season isn't even over. There are so many viable candidates we can't even talk to yet. Everyone should effing relax.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/01/05/2012.coaching.carousel/index.html

Only 2 of the 6 jobs have been filled and no one will be surprised if there is a seventh.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

MNmnfinfanLuxury Box
Jan 12, 2012, 06:22 PM

"maynard wrote:

next time we are hiring a coach I'm going dark here. Between Parcells, Harbaugh and now with Fisher....

yeah I agree with you there. I have already started to actually surf other sites...

DorfdadDorfdadForum Veteran
Jan 12, 2012, 06:30 PM
"mnfinfan wrote:

yeah I agree with you there. I have already started to actually surf other sites...

As have I LOL WTF!! (Work safe but man!)

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=789RgsNT_FA&feature=player_embedded#!

smahtazsmahtazForum Veteran
Jan 12, 2012, 06:30 PM

"Themole wrote:

This may have something to do with Vince Young, being shoved down Fishers throat by Floyd Reeves in Nashville. JF, didn't want Young and it caused a huge riff between management and JF. He is most likely trying to line things so that never happens to him again. Can't say that I blame him. After all, losses fall on the coaches shoulder whether they deserve it or not.

It's way more than that. If you listen to the link Pads provided earlier, Schefter talks about every aspect of the operation of the team. How the team travels, where they stay, what they eat, how many massage therapists travel with the team, etc., etc., etc. He worked for a tightwad during his tenure with the Oilers/Titans. It sounds to me that he's not just looking for the best deal he can get, but how his team will be treated as well.

Pretty impressive if you ask me.



It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden

THThemoleNew Member
Jan 12, 2012, 06:36 PM

"smahtaz wrote:

It's way more than that. If you listen to the link Pads provided earlier, Schefter talks about every aspect of the operation of the team. How the team travels, where they stay, what they eat, how many massage therapists travel with the team, etc., etc., etc. He worked for a tightwad during his tenure with the Oilers/Titans. It sounds to me that he's not just looking for the best deal he can get, but how his team will be treated as well.

Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Totally agree!

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."