1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merged: Ahahaha. Once a cheat, always a cheat / DeflateGate

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MAFishFan, Jan 19, 2015.

1. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Was damn near 50 degrees. Next theory.

danmarino likes this.
  2. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Again, you're assuming that the videotaping was ALL that was happening. We don't know because the evidence was destroyed and we all had to just accept what the league told us. I have yet to read where you've commented on the turnover ratio, the alleged communication tampering, and former Pats players saying they received defensive signals before each game. It seems, to me at least, that you're just looking at what you want to look at instead of the entire picture. Kind of like those who say Brady is the greatest QB of all time because of rings and leave out any other stat.

3. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    I live in Wisconsin. It's not uncommon for the temps here to be -20 or colder. My garage is heated and kept at a balmy 65 degrees. I keep my car in the garage at night and travel to work every morning. My job requires that I work 12 + hours some days. Do you know how many times my tire pressure light has come on this winter? Once. I put about 10 psi, from my garage kept compressor, in my tires and I haven't had a problem since. I've got 4 kids. They leave their toys outside all the time. I have seen basketballs and footballs and other air filled balls get "soft" overnight. I have NEVER, even after taking footballs and basketballs outside from a 72 degree house to a 20 degree Thanksgiving day, seen a ball "deflate" in the matter of a couple of hours.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Patriots have been purposely deflating their game footballs. It's affected everything from their turnover ratio to their pass completions. Now, is this some sort of automatic winning cheat? Nope. But 2-4 wins per season is a HUGE advantage and I believe that's what they gain from this cheat.

RGF and Pauly like this.
  4. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I have commented on the turnover ratio elsewhere. It is interesting, and does seem to lean in favor of something happening, but what exactly? Alleged communication tampering? If there is proof, go after them. Defensive signals? Isn't that what the taping was all about?

I don't know, I guess I'm just not big on going after any team/player/coach based purely on speculation. If there is proof, then hammer them.

Are you crusading to have Jerry Rice struck from the record books, based on his admission of using stickum? If not, why not? Please don't be hypocritical.

5. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I have to stop reading this thread. It makes me sick to my stomach to see Dolphin fans defending the dirtiest franchise in the history of the league.

6. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    You realize that there is a huge difference between wanting proof of this cheating, and defending them, correct? There is this disconnect in here, that you can only be true Dolphins fan if you desire that a team be penalized without any proof.

Let me reiterate: IF there is proof that they cheated, then they should be hammered by the league for it.

7. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Yes, RIce has dropped a few notches in my book. We are not talking Rice here, however, we are talking about a systematic and continued history of cheating from an ENTIRE organization. The proof that you demand is there. Yes, and we've covered this before, some is circumstantial, but it is enough to create a strong doubt at the very least and an assurance that they are not honest. And lets not forget, their Spygate scandal may be deemed not too big a deal by some pundits and all Pat fans, but the truth is they were fined more, both as an organization and an individual, than any other NFL EVER in the history of the NFL. Make all the excuses you want, but what was on those tapes, and I suspect going on at the same time, was much, much worse and warranted those harsh penalties. I just wish the evidence wasn't destoyed so we all could have seen what really happened and how bad it really was.

8. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Don't get it twisted, I'm not happy that those tapes were destroyed. Clearly they have cheated. My only problem has been the witchhunt mentality of too many, and the questioning of fandom if you disagree with said hunt.

Off topic, my brother lives in Janesville.

9. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    I'm not questioning your fandom. I'm not twisting anything either. Ask your brother to do the football test.