No Surprise Here, but Matt Moore likely to start Sunday

137 replies

GalantGalantForum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017, 01:04 PM


"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017, 02:21 PM

"smahtaz wrote:

None taken. Until you've experienced a partial knee ligament tear, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Oh, I completely agree...most of us here have no clue what it's like to deal with that.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

smahtazsmahtazForum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017, 04:31 PM

This guy was the team physician for the Chargers and he has a very good eye for determining the extent of an injury just by watching the tape. He has never been optimistic about Ryan's return.



It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden

branbranNew Member
Jan 6, 2017, 04:49 AM

I feel bad for Tannehill, after all the shit thrown at him about "never leading the Dolphins to the playoffs" just as he was doing just that gets hurt. I just want him ready and healthy for next year, with a year in the system, another year of filling holes on the team, and getting back our playmakers in 2017 he and the dolphins can hit the ground running.

byroan;2178644 wrote:

Tannehill could have had more time had Clabo just fell down and forced Mario to step over him.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jan 6, 2017, 07:17 AM

"SICK wrote:

For what it's worth I fully tore my PCL and partially tore my ACL and played middle linebacker and full back after missing one game, played the rest of the year (7 games) with a force point hinge knee brace.

Beastmode.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Jan 6, 2017, 08:08 AM

"bran wrote:

I feel bad for Tannehill, after all the **** thrown at him about "never leading the Dolphins to the playoffs" just as he was doing just that gets hurt. I just want him ready and healthy for next year, with a year in the system, another year of filling holes on the team, and getting back our playmakers in 2017 he and the dolphins can hit the ground running.

He's gunna come back with a fucking vengeance next year! BELIEVE THAT!

Rock SextonRock SextonForum Veteran
Jan 7, 2017, 09:54 PM

Definitely a vote of confidence from Ja'Wuan James .....

DAVIE — Before the season, Sports Illustrated revealed its ranking of the 32 NFL backup quarterbacks.

Matt Moore was 23rd.

Absolutely ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculously underrated.

Matt Moore can win. Matt Moore is poised, confident and more-than-competent.


Matt Moore is much, much better than the average backup.

Among the quarterbacks ranked ahead of Moore: Kellen Clemens, Chad Henne, Derek Anderson and Geno Smith.

Kellen Clemens! Geno Smith!

Would you rather have one of those quarterbacks starting on Sunday at Pittsburgh, in the Dolphins’ second playoff since January 13, 2002?

“I told Matt since my rookie year, I told him he was my favorite player,” Dolphins offfensive tackle Ja’Wuan James said this week. “The way he operates, the way he goes about himself when he wasn’t even a starter. Now he has a chance to start. To see the work he’s put in for years? It’s sad to see a teammate (Ryan Tannehill) go down but with how (Moore) was prepared and ready to go, I feel like he’s been no dropoff.”

The Dolphins players, publicly and privately, say they believe in Moore. They believe they have a legitimate chance to win on Sunday.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/01/06/why-miami-dolphins-qb-matt-moore-is-ridiculously-underrated/

PHPhinsFan2000New Member
Jan 8, 2017, 01:19 AM

I'm all in on Moore. He will come up big tomorrow. If the D steps up I think he'll put us in a position late to pull this out. I think many of the guys in that locker room feel that MM has the grit to pull off a win on the road in Pittsburgh. He'll make enough big plays if he's allowed to let it rip. Can't go too conservative tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
Jan 8, 2017, 10:53 AM

Matt Moore Today:

21/27
282 Yards
3 TD
1 INT

AUTOBOTS ROLL OUT

FinsterFinsterNew Member
Jan 8, 2017, 12:33 PM

"Rock Sexton wrote:

They still moved the chains though once they went hurry. I was actually very pleased with what I saw - it's just that Damien Williams took a big dump on the rally with his fumble.

Suffice to say though - if we need to get MM8 into rhythm, that is now one way to do it.

Yeah, the return of the hurry up O, I speculated a couple weeks ago if we would see the return of the hurry up with MM, and there it was in the second half.

Gase scrapped that early in the season, because it was too much on RT's plate.

MM is our best chance imo.

Rock SextonRock SextonForum Veteran
Jan 8, 2017, 12:37 PM

"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:

Matt Moore Today:

21/27
282 Yards
3 TD
1 INT

AUTOBOTS ROLL OUT

Hahaha the Autobots!

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

M1NDCRlMEM1NDCRlMEForum Veteran
Jan 8, 2017, 03:36 PM

"Finster wrote:

Yeah, the return of the hurry up O, I speculated a couple weeks ago if we would see the return of the hurry up with MM, and there it was in the second half.

Gase scrapped that early in the season, because it was too much on RT's plate.

MM is our best chance imo.

Best chance to do what? Get high draft picks?

SICK;944668 wrote:

that and.....the city of jacksonville sucks.

Jan 8, 2017, 03:39 PM

"Finster wrote:

Yeah, the return of the hurry up O, I speculated a couple weeks ago if we would see the return of the hurry up with MM, and there it was in the second half.

Gase scrapped that early in the season, because it was too much on RT's plate.

MM is our best chance imo.

Lol.

M1NDCRlMEM1NDCRlMEForum Veteran
Jan 8, 2017, 03:41 PM

"Rocky Raccoon wrote:

Lol.

Exactly.

SICK;944668 wrote:

that and.....the city of jacksonville sucks.

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Jan 8, 2017, 03:46 PM

People are still saying Matt Moore is better?

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

invidinvidSupporter
Jan 8, 2017, 04:00 PM

I accept the fact that Matt Moore throws interceptions because he's aggressive, and I like his aggression sometimes..Today though, the fumbles in the Steelers' ends of the field were absolutely back-breaking momentum wise. Even if those drives ended up field goals we would have had some confidence as the game played out.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Jan 8, 2017, 04:10 PM

"invid wrote:

I accept the fact that Matt Moore throws interceptions because he's aggressive, and I like his aggression sometimes..Today though, the fumbles in the Steelers' ends of the field were absolutely back-breaking momentum wise. Even if those drives ended up field goals we would have had some confidence as the game played out.

Yepppp. And it wasn't like either of those fumbles were him not seeing that there was someone after him.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

CBcbradForum Veteran
Jan 8, 2017, 04:38 PM

Yeah the Tannehill/Moore debate should be over. Tannehill > Moore even though Moore's a great backup to have.

FameFameForum Veteran
Jan 8, 2017, 05:20 PM

"Finster wrote:

Yeah, the return of the hurry up O, I speculated a couple weeks ago if we would see the return of the hurry up with MM, and there it was in the second half.

Gase scrapped that early in the season, because it was too much on RT's plate.

MM is our best chance imo.

I watched the Steelers game. Which game did you watch?

dWreckdWreckNew Member
Jan 8, 2017, 05:54 PM

Going back to the no huddle was 100% pure desperation today. Disgustingly obvious.

Moore played good today while simultaneously ending any possible talks about a controversy or comepetition.


The KRAKEN! Still proving doubters wrong on the weekly.
Get well soon Tanny. #ThatsMyQB

Jan 8, 2017, 10:38 PM

Yeah, kind of a weird game by Matt, but it's also essentially exactly who he is. He was pretty damn efficient all day...except for the 3 backbreaking turnovers. That's just what he is though.

The good news is I have complete confidence in Matt coming in if Ryan were to get hurt in the future. He's s great guy to have on your bench because he's a veteran and can make some big plays. Look at some of the other backups who had to step in over the last few years and were completely useless. We don't have that problem.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Jan 8, 2017, 10:42 PM

"Rocky Raccoon wrote:

Yeah, kind of a weird game by Matt, but it's also essentially exactly who he is. He was pretty damn efficient all day...except for the 3 backbreaking turnovers. That's just what he is though.

The good news is I have complete confidence in Matt coming in if Ryan were to get hurt in the future. He's s great guy to have on your bench because he's a veteran and can make some big plays. Look at some of the other backups who had to step in over the last few years and were completely useless. We don't have that problem.

I agree. The sad part is without those three turnovers we had a legitimate chance of winning with a depleted defense that gave up 20 points in just over 1 quarter.

ColmaxColmaxForum Veteran
Jan 8, 2017, 10:51 PM

"Rocky Raccoon wrote:

Yeah, kind of a weird game by Matt, but it's also essentially exactly who he is. He was pretty damn efficient all day...except for the 3 backbreaking turnovers. That's just what he is though.

The good news is I have complete confidence in Matt coming in if Ryan were to get hurt in the future. He's s great guy to have on your bench because he's a veteran and can make some big plays. Look at some of the other backups who had to step in over the last few years and were completely useless. We don't have that problem.

Seeing Moore out there the past few games really made me appreciate him, kind of in the way Pittsburgh appreciated Charlie Batch several years back.

There is no doubt who's the starter, but I hope he sticks around for a while. He's got a few years left. He's two years younger than Roethlisberger.

I don't know his contract status, but I hope he doesn't leave.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

~Henry David Thoreau

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Jan 8, 2017, 11:02 PM

I'm glad Moore is our back-up. He is the back-up....no question...and anyone who says differently is a communist. lol

FameFameForum Veteran
Jan 9, 2017, 09:22 AM

If Tannehill had the game that Moore just did, this forum would be breaking out the torches and pitchforks.