1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stadium Remodel Begins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Jan 5, 2015.

1. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

I got a text Thursday night from a friend at the game. "This place is HARD ROCKING". I called him and he didn't answer. He called me back at halftime and said he didn't hear his phone ring. Sweet!

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Bro it's just studying it and knowing what to look for..I've been to a lot of stadiums..I'm not sure what your disagreeing with me in...sun life was the worst, and now it's been upgraded, I'm happy, they took into suggestions that I've been harping on long before Ross came into the picture, but I'm not gonna compare them to places like arrowhead, the link, Raven stadium, bills, pats, etc, I understand the proximity factors of those type places relative to ours..

3. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    What if the stadium was filled with drunken little people riding donkeys with limps?

MikeHoncho likes this.
  4. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    then you would **** in your pants.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  5. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Do the drunken little people have boobies?

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Is, is that a thing we can set up? I'm asking on behalf of a friend.

Fin D and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  7. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I was gonna go with: "Little people, with twisted ankles, dressed in all black leather including full face coverage, selling other people for sex." That way I could make a "imp pimps with limps dressed as gimps", comment.....but clearly I thought better of it.....:shifty:

Fin4Ever, vt_dolfan and MikeHoncho like this.
  8. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    In Fins world they do

Fin D likes this.
  9. vt_dolfan

Huh....glad to see its not just my world where they exist...roflllll

Fin D likes this.
  10. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    You have not even been this year and what? Are you dissing Hard Rock Already? Come on DJ....Ross deserves credit and once we have a consistent winner again with the Dolphins, it will compete with any other stadium' s noise level per capita.

11. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    If you follow my thoughts on the subject since Ross was trying to win votes you would know I'm one of the very few who have had his back...and he delivered, what I am saying is I understand how venues are built and which ones have a real home field advantage because of it..our stadium should be much better than old stadium.

12. Coloradotrv

Coloradotrv Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    All DJ is saying, and he can correct me if I am wrong, is that while the renovations to the stadium are an obvious improvement and will have a marked improvement on the game day environment, it could still be better.

The items necessary to make it even better would have been either a complete structural retrofit of the existing building or the construction of a new stadium. So with those options being way too expensive, Ross has achieved the best possible outcome with what he was given to work with.

13. vt_dolfan

Ill withhold judgement if the proximity of the fans to sidelines will mean anything until after the first game. All I know is what I read on social media...and EVERYBODY was talking about how mother ****ing loud that place is....and that was on both Thursday and Sat nights. One person even said they could feel the noise in the lower bowl....the vibrations in the stands. Youve got 4 massive HD Monitors pounding the place with visual stimuli....the best sound system in the NFL...and a gorgeous canopy to go with the fact we moved the seats closer...24 feet closer.

If you are going to judge a place on what kind of football atmosphere it has...and what kind of advantage a stadium gives you...distance from fans to sidelines is one factor. But its not the only factor...and in my opinion. Seattle may be what...8 to 10 feet closer? When your talking about 65,000 people creating a deafening noise at the Rock...I think the difference that 10 ft would be minimal at best.

And dont forget the most important upgrade....

Adam Gase.

14. vt_dolfan

FYI...

I tweeted Tom Garfinkle a question...asking him if it were possible to rank The Rock with other NFL Stadiums relative to the distance between the fans and the sidelines. If he responds, Ill will post his answer here.

gunn34, MikeHoncho and Unlucky 13 like this.
  15. josh

josh Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    I don't think PA system loudness is relevent in the 12th Man sense. The PA system can't operate while the play clock is running and the visiting team has possession. I heard a lot of complaints that the PA system was too loud. Personally, that can ruin an experience for me.

The upper bowl is still roughly a square, even though the field is a 12:5 rectangle. The canopy may increase crowd noise. I hope it does. But just saying, "it's loud as **** in there" isn't specific enough for me to know how much more loud it is when the opponent has the ball, is in a huddle or at the LOS.

16. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    I'll be sure to measure the exact dB next time I go to the park, but for now I'll just say It's loud as **** in there.

17. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007

Ok in a hope to end this silliness.....

I used the white border around the field for reference. I cutout that out from the Seahawks stadium and superimposed (and made it yellow) on the Dolphin one along with the the bottom row wall (red). With those two things combined (border and wall) I warped them until the border matched the Dolphins' one. That meant the walls (red) would be also be angled along with it.

Below is the result.

[​IMG]

Asd can be seen, the wall is pretty much the same distance now in the two stadiums whereas in the past, Miami's was double the distance away of Seattle's.

The difference is that all the other seats (top and bottom) are closer to the field in Seattle, due to steeper angles and an upper deck that comes out further.

So, as I said, the bottom row is now as close to the field as it is everywhere else, and the rest of the seats are still further but its significant progress.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  18. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    OK cool DJ, I misunderstood you and I agree...my apologies

19. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Thank you, Fin D. That argument had been going on for far too long.

Fin D likes this.
  20. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    how much would you like to bet?

21. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Once fans actually start going to the games instead of sitting home and watching on TV, I think the renovated stadium will be a big positive in regards to creating a significant home field advantage for the Dolphins.

Unfortunately until the Dolphins put a consistent winner on the field, I fear there will continue to be a lot of empty seats on game days. A winning team is far more important to South Florida fans than a renovated stadium, IMO.

22. vt_dolfan

Cleveland hasn't won **** in decades.. Yet their fans show up every game.

23. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    Two totally different cities, venues, and types of people.

vt_dolfan and MikeHoncho like this.
  24. vt_dolfan

I agree... But I'd still hope to see Phins fans show up and create an environment that makes it hard on visiting teams

25. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    There's nothing bet I literally proved it.

26. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    $40 right here, right now.

27. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Problem is, more often than not, the phins are making it easy for visiting teams.

28. vt_dolfan

If the place is electric... You have the sun baking the opponent... It will quickly become a place teams hate to play at. Believe it or not.. The fans can do a lot to pick up a team and get them fired up. Think about what it was like when you played sports in HS or college...

I played soccer in HS...we would have game where there was a handful of people... And then we would have night games... Under the lights.. Few hundred people making lots of noise and man.. Just coming out it would literally course through your veins...

29. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    I hear ya, but now imagine the road team scores TDs on their first three possessions. How loud is the crowd in that spot? Did they affect the game any more than the guys on the field?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30. smahtaz

I don't even know what to say.

[​IMG]

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  31. Itsdahumidity

Itsdahumidity X gonna take it from ya

Dec 10, 2007
    Too funny. Cool pic but c'mon Garfinkel. Leave the kid alone.

smahtaz likes this.
  32. vt_dolfan

Its pretty cool they actually use grow lights on the grass like that

33. smahtaz

Are you ready for some football?

[​IMG]

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  34. Phins_Fan_87

Phins_Fan_87 Phins and Heat fan Club Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    Looks awesome, not a huge fan of the hard rock signs on top, but love everything else.

35. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I am, in fact, ready for some football.

And the Dolphins have 250 million reasons to decorate with those signs. I don't think that they're too bad or distracting.

smahtaz likes this.
  36. smahtaz

I didn't put that together at first. lol

Itsdahumidity likes this.
  37. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    So did anyone attend? Thoughts?

38. A13OVEAVERAGE

A13OVEAVERAGE Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Frostproof, FL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

39. A13OVEAVERAGE

A13OVEAVERAGE Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Frostproof, FL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The stadium is a lot louder than before, even though it might not come across on tv as much. The opposing sideline being in the sun the entire game is a huge advantage too.