The Miami Dolphins are inept collectively at Social Media

862 replies

padre31padre31Luxury Box
May 11, 2014, 02:35 AM

"Fin D wrote:

I dunno, padre, aren't you steady *****ing about my opinion?

Nope, you amuse me

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
May 11, 2014, 08:00 AM

"padre31 wrote:

Nope, you amuse me

You first post in this thread is insulting me and my opinion, now that your hypocrisy has been laid bare for all, you pretend you're nonchalant.

Pathetic.

cdz12250cdz12250Supporter
May 11, 2014, 09:50 AM

Let me take a stab at this.

Suppose you are grossed out by seeing a PDA between two gay guys on national television. This is visceral and instinctive and may even be the result of conditioning, or the bigotry you were exposed to while growing up, but let's say it's involuntary. You are grossed out on a subconscious level; at the level of the id.

There are two things that should happen at the conscious level; the level of the superego. First, your sense of fairness should tell you that these guys have as much of a right to be in love as you do, and that kissing the one you love at one of the happiest moments of his life was not done to gross you out.

Second, your sense of what is socially appropriate, meaning your MANNERS, should prevent you from broadcasting a tweet to the entire world to the effect that you are grossed out, because it hurts others.

If you send a tweet like that, regarless of your id-reaction that you can't help, either your sense of fairness, or your manners, or both aren't working right. You haven't thought it through.

Finally, if you send the tweet because get a kick out of bashing gays on social media, then congratulations: you are a bigot.

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
May 11, 2014, 09:54 AM

"Finfangirl wrote:

I dont care about Don jones or his opinion - However, the problem with both him and pouncey is they both made comments on social media as EMPLOYEES of the Miami Dolphins - Which is just plain dumb - considering the situation both of them just went through not more than 4 months ago. Maybe it was a joke for pouncey, but in both cases, it shows a lack of judgement and maturity and an employer should not have to tolerate that.

that is all, carry on.

To be fair, I don't think there's anything that says the Dolphins (or any team) has to.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

daphinsdaphinsForum Veteran
May 11, 2014, 10:26 AM

"DPlus47 wrote:

The most butthurt people I see and hear on a regular basis are the people who are pissed that they can't call other people names anymore without facing consequences. They're definitely the real victims.

Who said they were pissed about not being able to call someone names without consequences?

#NFLFU

TooGoodForDezTooGoodForDezNew Member
May 11, 2014, 10:29 AM

"Finfangirl wrote:

the problem with both him and pouncey is they both made comments on social media as EMPLOYEES of the Miami Dolphins -

No they did not, they are expressing opinions on twitter as private persons. That is how players use twitter.

banned

CitizenSnipsCitizenSnipsNew Member
May 11, 2014, 10:34 AM

I wonder if goodell/nfl could just get twitter banned from nfl players. I know some use it for good and it's a great promotional tool, but the bad has to outweigh the good right? Every single hot button issue seems to be followed by some idiot mouthing off on twitter. The nfl should just make them all delete their accounts as part of the league rules.

It'd hurt their freedoms I guess but somehow I doubt anyone quits the nfl over it.

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
May 11, 2014, 10:37 AM

And of course, Don Jones' comment was mentioned on ABC's This Week. Smh.

Ronnie BassRonnie BassLuxury Box
May 11, 2014, 11:05 AM

I'm 100% pro gay rights across the board, but if I get squimish watching two guys kiss does that mean I'm anti-gay? Of course I try to keep that to myself.

Stringer BellStringer BellSupporter
May 11, 2014, 11:08 AM

"Ronnie Bass wrote:

I'm 100% pro gay rights across the board, but if I get squimish watching two guys kiss does that mean I'm anti-gay? Of course I try to keep that to myself.

Yes.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”

invidinvidSupporter
May 11, 2014, 11:09 AM

Jesus Christ, nice one Don.

pocolocopocolocoSupporter
May 11, 2014, 11:10 AM

I don't have an opinion on the PDA other than the MASSIVE BALLS it takes to do that before walking into the most homophobic and violent sports organization on the planet

Ronnie BassRonnie BassLuxury Box
May 11, 2014, 11:15 AM

"Stringer Bell wrote:

Yes.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Actually your opinion means little to me.

Another question, if a gay person finds it repulsive that a man and woman kissing like one gay friend of mine tells me all the time...what does that make them?

Ronnie BassRonnie BassLuxury Box
May 11, 2014, 11:20 AM

And to be quite honest unless it's a quick kiss on the lips I find any kind of people making out in public gross...maybe I'm just a prude

cdz12250cdz12250Supporter
May 11, 2014, 11:27 AM

"Ronnie Bass wrote:

And to be quite honest unless it's a quick kiss on the lips I find any kind of people making out in public gross...maybe I'm just a prude

You're not alone in thinking that way. The "get a room" reaction kicks in.
But in Michael Sam's case, it was an excited reaction. It wasn't making out in public.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
May 11, 2014, 11:29 AM

"Vinny Fins wrote:

well, newsflash: we knew you were a buffoon.

Was it milking it to show any player with his girlfriend?

Hi. Im Gay. We hug and kiss dudes.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure I milked it when I saw Aaron Murry's girl.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

DisgustipateDisgustipateSupporter
May 11, 2014, 11:33 AM

"padre31 wrote:

Either ideas turn out to be true over time, or they do not, that is where respect for thought generates from, not some mealy persons need for prep H b/c they got their feelings hurt

And how exactly are ideas like this proven to be true or not? It's pretty clear there has been a big shift in that regard recently.

Ronnie BassRonnie BassLuxury Box
May 11, 2014, 11:34 AM

"cdz12250 wrote:

You're not alone in thinking that way. The "get a room" reaction kicks in.
But in Michael Sam's case, it was an excited reaction. It wasn't making out in public.

I was in East Greenwich in NYC yesterday and being a nice day and I saw both gay and straight couples showing signs of affection short of making out and thought nothing of it, if I saw any of them making out it would have made me look away the only difference is with the straight couple I be jealous of the dude because he is getting action while I'm holding my dick...

But if it was a couple of girls kissing it admittedly might take me a bit longer to look away.

Ronnie BassRonnie BassLuxury Box
May 11, 2014, 11:39 AM

"cdz12250 wrote:

You're not alone in thinking that way. The "get a room" reaction kicks in.
But in Michael Sam's case, it was an excited reaction. It wasn't making out in public.

I didn't see it but I assumed it was nothing but a quick kiss.

cdz12250cdz12250Supporter
May 11, 2014, 11:41 AM
xphinfanxxphinfanxForum Veteran
May 11, 2014, 11:41 AM

Could care less about someones sexual habits, I'm interested in how good he can perform at the position he claims to be good at so prove it and take over your spot on the team otherwise it's all just been for attention.

That's why they play the games!:yes:

Ronnie BassRonnie BassLuxury Box
May 11, 2014, 11:44 AM

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
May 11, 2014, 11:47 AM

"Fin D wrote:

Its absolutely that cut and dry.

If bigots didn't make being gay and issue, then there'd be no milking the fact that you're the first openly drafted gay player.

Sure but that doesn't mean you still have to do that.

How about being known for being a good football player first?

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

SHShamboubouNew Member
May 11, 2014, 11:50 AM

Since when did one groups rights start to outweigh the rights of others? People have just as much right to react negative towards homosexuality as those that have the right to practice it. Just as people should not have to befriend, employ, or support the ideas of those that believe its wrong, it works both ways. Why does an idea of acceptance have to be more important than the idea of disapproval?

I'm not looking for the best players, I'm looking for the right ones.

-Herb Brooks-

DisgustipateDisgustipateSupporter
May 11, 2014, 11:59 AM

"Shamboubou wrote:

Since when did one groups rights start to outweigh the rights of others? People have just as much right to react negative towards homosexuality as those that have the right to practice it. Just as people should not have to befriend, employ, or support the ideas of those that believe its wrong, it works both ways. Why does an idea of acceptance have to be more important than the idea of disapproval?

If someone calls you an ass-hole for disapproving of something gay people do, your rights have not been abridged in the slightest bit.