****The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread****

11957 replies

NaboCaneNaboCaneNew Member
Jul 19, 2014, 03:49 PM

"Alex44 wrote:

Okay...you have to know without proof this is a grain of salt type thing :lol:

If true though awesome. You'd have to think that aside from his inner posse like James Jones most guys probably feel some resentment towards James for breaking up their chance to be part of a dynasty. Its human nature.

Yep. Championships happen every year, in every pro sport. But a dynasty is historical.

NaboCaneNaboCaneNew Member
Jul 19, 2014, 03:51 PM

It occurs to me that the title of this thread should change to the official '14-'15 Heat thread; start another one for general NBA. It'd be easier than shifting the Heat convo to another thread and losing all this history.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Jul 19, 2014, 03:52 PM

"NaboCane wrote:

It occurs to me that the title of this thread should change to the official '14-'15 Heat thread; start another one for general NBA. It'd be easier than shifting the Heat convo to another thread and losing all this history.

Fans of other teams are welcome to do more in this thread than just insult the Heat fans.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Alex44Alex44New Member
Jul 19, 2014, 03:56 PM

"NaboCane wrote:

It occurs to me that the title of this thread should change to the official '14-'15 Heat thread; start another one for general NBA. It'd be easier than shifting the Heat convo to another thread and losing all this history.

Eh...pointless because people would still come in to crap on us :lol: its already a heat thread basically.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

NaboCaneNaboCaneNew Member
Jul 19, 2014, 04:08 PM

"Alex44 wrote:

Eh...pointless because people would still come in to crap on us :lol: its already a heat thread basically.

Clearly, I'm thinking more of them than us. They should have a sacred place to discuss their insignificant little teams.

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Jul 19, 2014, 04:12 PM

wtf I haven't said a single bad thing about the heat, you don't need to be condescending to anyone who isn't a heat fan.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

Alex44Alex44New Member
Jul 19, 2014, 04:23 PM

"Stitches wrote:

wtf I haven't said a single bad thing about the heat, you don't need to be condescending to anyone who isn't a heat fan.

Haven't read what you're replying to but I doubt anyone means you.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

Jul 19, 2014, 04:35 PM

damn, twitter can be mean...lol

PHINS WOLVERINES ROCKETS


DON'T MESS WITH US!

JShadyJShadyNew Member
Jul 19, 2014, 04:36 PM

****The Official 2014-2015 Miami Heat Thread****

lol

finfansince72finfansince72Supporter
Jul 19, 2014, 04:44 PM

"NaboCane wrote:

I simply gave up on him. My arguments are "stupid" and "ridiculous." Yours are "silly."

He doesn't know how to discuss anything in a civil manner. I think it all may possibly be above his level of comprehension.

As opposed to this civil post. lol. I mean Ive taken much more than I've given in this thread thats for sure.

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Jul 19, 2014, 04:50 PM

"Stitches wrote:

wtf I haven't said a single bad thing about the heat, you don't need to be condescending to anyone who isn't a heat fan.

Agreed, but you're definitely in the minority. Most every other non-Heat fans acts like any Heat fan who doesn't see their team as doomed and the Cavs as far superior is either in denial or stupid.

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Jul 19, 2014, 04:54 PM

"rafael wrote:

Agreed, but you're definitely in the minority. Most every other non-Heat fans acts like any Heat fan who doesn't see their team as doomed and the Cavs as far superior is either in denial or stupid.

Or like most Heat fans anyone who thinks the Heat won't be a contender without LJ, and Cleveland with LJ will be....must be stupid.

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Jul 19, 2014, 05:02 PM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

Or like most Heat fans anyone who thinks the Heat won't be a contender without LJ, and Cleveland with LJ won't be....must be stupid.

Find a post in this thread where I called anybody stupid. The most I ever said was that I disagreed. It was you who claimed that anybody who disagreed with you had an agenda or didn't follow basketball. You were even called out by one of the nicest posters here for sounding like a D-bag.

Alex44Alex44New Member
Jul 19, 2014, 05:06 PM

"rafael wrote:

Find a post in this thread where I called anybody stupid. The most I ever said was that I disagreed. It was you who claimed that anybody who disagreed with you had an agenda or didn't follow basketball. You were even called out by one of the nicest posters here for sounding like a D-bag.

It's okay his reality will come crashing down the first dribble of Knicks basketball this year.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Jul 19, 2014, 05:08 PM

"rafael wrote:

Find a post in this thread where I called anybody stupid. The most I ever said was that I disagreed. It was you who claimed that anybody who disagreed with you had an agenda or didn't follow basketball. You were even called out by one of the nicest posters here for sounding like a D-bag.

Would that "nice poster" happen to be a Heat fan?? And all I said was I found it hard to believe that with the evidence of past Cav teams that people really didn't believe Cleveland could contend. I still feel that way.

Use the ignore button if I bother you, when it's May 15 and I'm right you certainly will.

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Jul 19, 2014, 05:20 PM

"Alex44 wrote:

It's okay his reality will come crashing down the first dribble of Knicks basketball this year.

Difference is I recognize where the Knicks stand, maybe they sneak into an 8 seed if Timmy Jr keeps developing.

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
Jul 19, 2014, 05:31 PM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

Would that "nice poster" happen to be a Heat fan?? And all I said was I found it hard to believe that with the evidence of past Cav teams that people really didn't believe Cleveland could contend. I still feel that way.

Use the ignore button if I bother you, when it's May 15 and I'm right you certainly will.

Just answering the bolded part for the sake of posting my reasoning.

I don't think Lebron James has enough round him. Irving's good, if not overrated, but everyone else? No. And while I like Mike Miller and James Jones, they're your best bench players at the moment, which is not a good thing.

Don't get me wrong, I expect them to improve. But I don't see how they'll be better than The Heat, Bulls, or Pacers.

Jul 19, 2014, 05:35 PM

PHINS WOLVERINES ROCKETS


DON'T MESS WITH US!

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Jul 19, 2014, 05:36 PM

"Silverphin wrote:

Just answering the bolded part for the sake of posting my reasoning.

I don't think Lebron James has enough round him. Irving's good, if not overrated, but everyone else? No. And while I like Mike Miller and James Jones, they're your best bench players at the moment, which is not a good thing.

Don't get me wrong, I expect them to improve. But I don't see how they'll be better than The Heat, Bulls, or Pacers.

Because LBJ is the best basketball player we have ever seen...he will make a dollar out of 15 cents.

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
Jul 19, 2014, 05:40 PM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

Because LBJ is the best basketball player we have ever seen...he will make a dollar out of 15 cents.

We'll see about that. But as it is, I expect them to hit the 4th seed at the highest. And unless Lebron James shows that he has enough influence, I don't see how he could get another big-time player (like, say, Kevin Love or Kevin Durant) in 2016 to play with him in Cleveland because.... well, it's Cleveland.

NaboCaneNaboCaneNew Member
Jul 19, 2014, 05:47 PM

"Silverphin wrote:

We'll see about that. But as it is, I expect them to hit the 4th seed at the highest. And unless Lebron James shows that he has enough influence, I don't see how he could get another big-time player (like, say, Kevin Love or Kevin Durant) in 2016 to play with him in Cleveland because.... well, it's Cleveland.

:lol: I can see it clearly; Kevin Love on the phone with LeBron, "Yeah, absolutely! Let's see if we can make it happen..." while furiously making the throat-slash gesture to his agent and the rest of his management team.

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Jul 19, 2014, 05:51 PM

"Silverphin wrote:

We'll see about that. But as it is, I expect them to hit the 4th seed at the highest. And unless Lebron James shows that he has enough influence, I don't see how he could get another big-time player (like, say, Kevin Love or Kevin Durant) in 2016 to play with him in Cleveland because.... well, it's Cleveland.

Love has already expressed he would resign in Cleveland if James is there. And again, he led the Cavs to 66 wins with no real sidekick. He at the very least already has one of the best young PG's in basketball with him.

Not to mention, trying to align a mini dream team takes away from the glory of a title. I know most of you for obvious reasons will disagree...but it's atleast how I look at it.

finfansince72finfansince72Supporter
Jul 19, 2014, 05:56 PM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

Love has already expressed he would resign in Cleveland if James is there. And again, he led the Cavs to 66 wins with no real sidekick. He at the very least already has one of the best young PG's in basketball with him.

Not to mention, trying to align a mini dream team takes away from the glory of a title. I know most of you for obvious reasons will disagree...but it's atleast how I look at it.

Or they keep Wiggins and draft 3 young players to fill roles with their 3 first round picks. Cleveland actually doesn't need to attract a Durant to win, everyone else does though because they need a counter to Lebron. People seem to forget that Lebron was actually a pretty good player before he was being carried by Bosh and Wade.....

TooGoodForDezTooGoodForDezNew Member
Jul 19, 2014, 06:12 PM

"finfansince72 wrote:

Cleveland actually doesn't need to attract a Durant to win, everyone else does though because they need a counter to Lebron.

There are plenty of teams who can counter Lebron without Durant. Where do you get this idea that Durant is the only counter to Lebron in NBA?

banned

finfansince72finfansince72Supporter
Jul 19, 2014, 06:44 PM

"TooGoodForDez wrote:

There are plenty of teams who can counter Lebron without Durant. Where do you get this idea that Durant is the only counter to Lebron in NBA?

It was more of a statement that they need another franchise player, I never said anything about Durant being the only counter, I'm not sure where you got that from at all.