Tua...''He's the greatest prospect ever''
1887 repliesLocked
"Finatik wrote:
How about Carson Wentz as a back up?
Depends on the price. I’d be curious to see what McD could do with him. He showed potential early in his career, but he’s only played like 7-8 games in the last two seasons and didn’t play particularly well and before that wasn’t very good…sans those 2 good years at the beginning of his career.
Someone seriously suggesting replacing Tua with Justin Fields?
Going to be a long offseason
"Sceeto wrote:
Please. They really have to try something.
Even if it is just competition.
We may have a shot at a decent prospect.
If nothing else, it is competition for Tua and that is a good thing.I would take a seriously look at Fields.
Just draft a QB, and keep doing it until you hit. It's not like you are any good at drafting anyway.
If he fails to get a deal done with Tua I'm joining the call for "Grier has to go". -cbrad
"Fireland wrote:
Someone seriously suggesting replacing Tua with Justin Fields?
Going to be a long offseason
I mean he did say "if nothing else as competition for Tua" do I don't think he's suggesting that Fields is better. I don't even think his post was saying that going with a different player would yield better results even that season.
I could be wrong...but I don't think I am.
"resnor wrote:
I mean he did say "if nothing else as competition for Tua" do I don't think he's suggesting that Fields is better. I don't even think his post was saying that going with a different player would yield better results even that season.
I could be wrong...but I don't think I am.
I actually think Fields could be pretty good with the right coaching. If he wanted to come to Miami for a good price I’d be all for it.
I really really hope they are looking into Justin Fields and his situation.
"Sceeto wrote:
I really really hope they are looking into Justin Fields and his situation.
If they look into it they will find out he isn't good.
Tua gets another year. That much is a given. It can't hurt to draft someone though if you think they have an upside. Tua has an injury history and we can't afford to continue being wrong about the position. I'm not saying Tua isn't the guy. I like Tua, I love what he's done. When he's on his game, he's deadeye accurate. When he has time, there isn't a pass he can't complete in this league. With that being said, there's nothing wrong with taking a flyer on a quarterback in the later rounds of the draft. Jack Plummer, Sam Hartman, Devin Leary, in the later rounds? I mean why not? It's a dart throw worth taking.
"Sceeto wrote:
I really really hope they are looking into Justin Fields and his situation.
I don't think they will because they don't have the money or trade capital, but he'd certainly be intriguing if McDaniel could make improvements as he did with Tua.
If he fails to get a deal done with Tua I'm joining the call for "Grier has to go". -cbrad
"StaleTacos wrote:
I don't think they will because they don't have the money or trade capital, but he'd certainly be intriguing if McDaniel could make improvements as he did with Tua.
Oh, yeah man. No way they will do it. Grier??? Lol. No way. I just wish they would. It would be a wise move, but again…..Grier.
Best ability is availability conveniently no longer a thing
"Fireland wrote:
Best ability is availability conveniently no longer a thing
The goalposts will always move. Same as it ever was. Made 18 starts. Led the league in passing. Year prior led the league in QBR. Yet some on here INSIST he’s a scrub. Below average. Cant win with him.
Theyre not worth engaging with, its beneath your time.
meanwhile on this earth, priorities need to be on offense need to be OL, TE, WR3.
Defense: LB, CB2
fooball.
futbol.
hockey.
"Fireland wrote:
Best ability is availability conveniently no longer a thing
It's definitely still a thing, but last year was an outlier in a professional and college career of injuries. Getting rid of the ball quickly instead of taking hits.
Tua will need to stay healthy again to shed the label.
If he fails to get a deal done with Tua I'm joining the call for "Grier has to go". -cbrad
"StaleTacos wrote:
if McDaniel could make improvements as he did with Tua.
This was part of my reasoning.
Yeah, if he could do what he did with Tua?
Fields; bigger, stronger, faster, used to playing in bad weather, etc….. I was thinking McD could do something with him. Won’t happen.
"StaleTacos wrote:
It's definitely still a thing, but last year was an outlier in a professional and college career of injuries. Getting rid of the ball quickly instead of taking hits.
Tua will need to stay healthy again to shed the label.
Mostly meant as a comment on Fields who also couldn't stay healthy his first 3 years
Cracked ribs, ankle, shoulder, hip, dislocated shoulder, dislocated thumb.
No, these aren't Tua's injuries that forced him to miss multiple games in his career.
"Fireland wrote:
Mostly meant as a comment on Fields who also couldn't stay healthy his first 3 years
Who said that wasn't a concern with Fields? Who said it was no longer a thing? You folks always trying to find gotchas for no fcking reason.
If he fails to get a deal done with Tua I'm joining the call for "Grier has to go". -cbrad
"Sceeto wrote:
This was part of my reasoning.
Yeah, if he could do what he did with Tua?
Fields; bigger, stronger, faster, used to playing in bad weather, etc….. I was thinking McD could do something with him. Won’t happen.
Fields would have to make an Allen level transformation throwing which is unlikely but teams gamble on upside for a reason.
I think he'll got for a 1st+, and I don't see the Dolphins doing that with Tua around. Once they extend Tua, they are going to use the picks and available money to build around him.
If he fails to get a deal done with Tua I'm joining the call for "Grier has to go". -cbrad
"StaleTacos wrote:
Fields would have to make an Allen level transformation throwing which is unlikely but teams gamble on upside for a reason.
I think he'll got for a 1st+, and I don't see the Dolphins doing that with Tua around. Once they extend Tua, they are going to use the picks and available money to build around him.
Yeah. I agree and with Grier around, it doesn’t really matter anyway. He’s never going to admit failure. Oh well. Woo! Good times!
"StaleTacos wrote:
Fields would have to make an Allen level transformation throwing which is unlikely but teams gamble on upside for a reason.
I think he'll got for a 1st+, and I don't see the Dolphins doing that with Tua around. Once they extend Tua, they are going to use the picks and available money to build around him.
I’m really scratching my head in confusion here, and I’m truly not trying to be a sm@rt a$$.
No one here is denying Fields injury history.
No one here is denying he needs significant work on his throwing.
Some are saying there’s so much POTENTIAL in Fields.
And you’re guessing he would go for a 1st round pick? Based on what???
If Mahomes was being traded, he’s going for a first. There’s demonstrated success.
If Burrow was being traded, you could argue a 1st for demonstrated success, even with his injury history.
But Fields? As Janet Jackson asked, “What have you done for me lately?”

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
"The_Dark_Knight wrote:
I’m really scratching my head in confusion here, and I’m truly not trying to be a sm@rt a$$.
No one here is denying Fields injury history.
No one here is denying he needs significant work on his throwing.
Some are saying there’s so much POTENTIAL in Fields.And you’re guessing he would go for a 1st round pick? Based on what???
If Mahomes was being traded, he’s going for a first. There’s demonstrated success.
If Burrow was being traded, you could argue a 1st for demonstrated success, even with his injury history.
But Fields? As Janet Jackson asked, “What have you done for me lately?”
I’ve said that I’d be curious to see what McD could do with Fields.
Are people actually saying that he’s worth a 1st round pick in a trade?!! LMAO!! Let me guess, these people also thinks Grier sucks?
"danmarino wrote:
I’ve said that I’d be curious to see what McD could do with Fields.
Are people actually saying that he’s worth a 1st round pick in a trade?!! LMAO!! Let me guess, these people also thinks Grier sucks?
I’m deducing it’s the anyone but Tua crowd.

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
"The_Dark_Knight wrote:
I’m really scratching my head in confusion here, and I’m truly not trying to be a sm@rt a$$.
No one here is denying Fields injury history.
No one here is denying he needs significant work on his throwing.
Some are saying there’s so much POTENTIAL in Fields.And you’re guessing he would go for a 1st round pick? Based on what???
If Mahomes was being traded, he’s going for a first. There’s demonstrated success.
If Burrow was being traded, you could argue a 1st for demonstrated success, even with his injury history.
But Fields? As Janet Jackson asked, “What have you done for me lately?”
I said it in the post you quoted. Teams gamble on tools and upside. Teams want high upside even if that likelihood of them reaching it is low. That's why Fields was drafted 11th to begin with even though he had a million questions on his throwing ability. No one is clamoring for low ceiling high floor types. Those can be acquired in FA or low level trades. To get Stafford, the Lions had to give up Jared Goff and two first-round picks AND a third-rounder. I think that illustrates what his type is worth.
I'd be surprised if Fields is had for less than a 1st. I guess we'll see.
If he fails to get a deal done with Tua I'm joining the call for "Grier has to go". -cbrad
"StaleTacos wrote:
I said it in the post you quoted. Teams gamble on tools and upside. Teams want high upside even if that likelihood of them reaching it is low. That's why Fields was drafted 11th to begin with even though he had a million questions on his throwing ability. No one is clamoring for low ceiling high floor types. Those can be acquired in FA or low level trades. To get Stafford, the Lions had to give up Jared Goff and two first-round picks AND a third-rounder. I think that illustrates what his type is worth.
I'd be surprised if Fields is had for less than a 1st. I guess we'll see.
I think he‘ll go for a 2nd rounder and maybe some change. We‘ll see, we‘re stuck with Tua and Grier at least for next season, maybe it will turn out good and we definitely had worse. I just hope next year we’ll have some clarity about where we’re heading for better or worse, so I don’t see the need to extend Tua now.
Whether we should draft another QB should come down to one question...
Can Tua, and by extension...us, beat the good teams that have good DC's?
With everything on the line can we truly say we feel good having to beat the Bills...the Ravens...the Chiefs?
As of right now, I don't see that happening. I place 30-40% of the blame on Tua's shoulders (depending on how well he knows the offense) and McDaniel gets the rest for poor play-calling...versus a DC worth his salt and not the bums.
This thread is locked.