Week 8 - Cards vs Miami

213 replies

FinatikFinatikStaffOP
Oct 24, 2024, 11:23 AM

Everyone on the Dolphins have missed quarterback Tua Tagovailoa during his extended absence after a Week Two concussion and wide receiver Tyreek Hill might have missed him more than just about anyone else.

Hill had 10 catches for 154 yards and a touchdown before Tagovailoa’s injury, but he has had just 14 catches for 140 yards since Tagovailoa was knocked out of action. Last Sunday’s loss to the Colts was his production yet as he caught one pass for eight yards while being targeted twice.

That makes it no surprise that Hill was thrilled to have his teammate back on the field. Hill said “we’re back, baby” while explaining why he was so excited about the change in status.

“He’s the franchise. Anybody that doesn’t see that or doesn’t believe it, go to another team,” Hill said, via Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald. “I missed the dude bro. Me and him connected on a few deep shots today. I missed that. I told him I got to take him and his wife to dinner because I missed him so much.”

Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel said this week that he doesn’t want Tagovailoa to be viewed as the team’s savior, but the rapturous response to his return might tell a truer story.

Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.

FinatikFinatikStaff
Oct 24, 2024, 11:32 AM

MIAMI GARDENS — Miami Dolphins cornerback Cam Smith has healthy hamstrings and after missing the first six games of this season, you know he wants to keep it that way. So what will Smith do to limit soft-tissue injuries moving forward?
"Adding regiments and stretches," Smith said Wednesday, after practicing with the Dolphins. "Really just stuff you're already supposed to be doing. But, you know, young dude in the league, really ain't never really had an injury. Just night and day, when I wake up in the morning, and when I go to sleep at night, just make sure I stretch. And make sure I get all those key components in my hips and all of that."

Because Kader Kohou has a neck injury and Storm Duck has an ankle injury, it's entirely possible Smith plays a handful of snaps against Arizona on Sunday. Maybe even a lot of snaps. Ethan Bonner is another option.

Does Smith feel ready to contribute? "Yes, sir, for sure," Smith said. "No doubt." Smith has worked to master Miami's play book and also worked to master his on-field technique. One of Fangio's concerns was if Smith, as a rookie, would be faked out by veterans and yield big plays.

But the Dolphins are not giving up on Smith, who was a pass break-up machine in open practices in the spring and summer of 2023. And Smith feels healthy. He believes a stint on injured reserve should prevent the hamstring from becoming a lingering concern.

Miami Dolphins news: Cam Smith officially off injured reserve
"Really I've been feeling good since about Week 2," Smuth said. "When it happened during the Commanders game, it was kind of just a little tweak. I felt it pop a little bit, but it wasn't bad. It was like when I was sitting down and stuff hurt, but once I got back moving and everything, once I got back in the building the next week, I felt straight."

But Miami wanted Smith to take his time with rehabiliation.

"Just time to ramp it up, ramp up the treatment," Smith said. "So that's what I've been doing, I've just been conditioning my (butt) off, doing all the little things right, and then just trying to get better overall."

Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.

FinatikFinatikStaff
Oct 24, 2024, 11:34 AM

Dolphins vs. Cardinals odds, moneyline, over/under

The Dolphins are favorites to defeat the Cardinals, according to the BetMGM NFL odds. Looking to wager? Check out the best mobile sports betting apps offering NFL betting promos in 2024 including the ESPN BET app and Fanatics Sportsbook promo code.
NFL STATS CENTRAL: The latest NFL scores, schedules, odds, stats and more.

Spread: Dolphins (-3)
Moneyline: Dolphins (-165); Cardinals (+140)
Over/under: 46.5

Lorenzo Reyes: Dolphins 25, Cardinals 24
Miami will finally have Tua Tagovailoa back under center, and this absence showed just how essential he is to the entire offensive operation. The Dolphins will be better, but the team struggled to find consistency even before he sustained his concussion. The Cardinals have gradually shown improvement throughout the season; I think they’re a tougher out than most give them credit for, so I’ll have them covering.

Tyler Dragon: Dolphins 25, Cardinals 20
The Cardinals got a big win on Monday Night Football (a game that nobody witnessed on ESPN+). Arizona will play teams tough. Tua Tagovailoa’s expected return will garner much of the headlines. The Dolphins will rally behind Tagovailoa’s emotional game back.

Richard Morin: Dolphins 18, Cardinals 16
The Cardinals did well to pick up a Monday night win against the Chargers, but I'm always wary of West Coast teams playing in the 1 p.m. ET time slot -- especially on a short week. But I also think Miami could be sleepy in Tua's return. I'd pound the under in this one.

Jordan Mendoza: Dolphins 22, Cardinals 18
The return of Tua Tagovailoa should be a big boost to an offense that's been non-existent since he went out with injury. If he plays, it might not look totally in sync, but the stars like Tyreek Hill flourish again for a victory.

Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.

ALAlan in EnglandForum Veteran
Oct 24, 2024, 12:02 PM

the return of Tua( if he plays) is being lauded like the second coming of Dan Marino. I don't think he can turn this team around and we know he fails miserably against the best teams.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Oct 24, 2024, 01:06 PM

"Alan in England wrote:

the return of Tua( if he plays) is being lauded like the second coming of Dan Marino. I don't think he can turn this team around and we know he fails miserably against the best teams.

Not true. Don’t buy into the media narrative that a Tua led Dolphins team has never beaten a good team.

StrikingStrikingForum Veteran
Oct 24, 2024, 01:23 PM

I'm surprised the Dolphins are favored on the road. What's up with all the weird prediction scores? 25?

Happy to have Tua back and hopefully his return leads to a win streak. Keep running the ball though with a few deep shots taken to Hill. That should lead to a win vs the Cards.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Oct 24, 2024, 01:43 PM

"Striking wrote:

I'm surprised the Dolphins are favored on the road. What's up with all the weird prediction scores? 25?

Happy to have Tua back and hopefully his return leads to a win streak. Keep running the ball though with a few deep shots taken to Hill. That should lead to a win vs the Cards.

Tua being back is a big deal. The odds experts realize this even if some here don’t.

Saying that, the Cards aren’t a bad team and it’s going to be close. Especially if Tua is rusty.

It will be nice to get back to seeing a QB actually throw the ball to open receivers. If you watch the All-22 week in and week out there were receivers open all over the place and the back-ups just couldn’t get it to them. Those tapes are very frustrating.

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Oct 24, 2024, 01:57 PM

"Striking wrote:

I'm surprised the Dolphins are favored on the road. What's up with all the weird prediction scores? 25?

Happy to have Tua back and hopefully his return leads to a win streak. Keep running the ball though with a few deep shots taken to Hill. That should lead to a win vs the Cards.

The game is in Miami.

FinatikFinatikStaff
Oct 24, 2024, 03:22 PM

"TheHighExhaulted wrote:

The game is in Miami.

Do some of these people even follow Miami and have any clue what's going on with the team?

Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.

FinatikFinatikStaff
Oct 24, 2024, 03:33 PM

Miami Dolphins Injury Report Today
Player Pos. Injury Status

  • Jaylen Waddle WR - Quad - Limited Participation in Practice

  • Tua Tagovailoa QB - Concussion - Limited Participation in Practice

  • Emmanuel Ogbah LB - Biceps - Limited Participation in Practice

  • Jevon Holland S - Hand - Limited Participation in Practice

  • Liam Eichenberg OL - Shoulder - Limited Participation in Practice

  • Kader Kohou CB - Neck - Did Not Participate In Practice

  • Tyler Huntley QB - Shoulder - Did Not Participate In Practice

  • Storm Duck CB - Ankle - Did Not Participate In Practice

Rest

Calais Campbell DT - Did Not Participate In Practice
Terron Armstead OT - Did Not Participate In Practice

Arizona Cardinals Injury Report Today
Player Pos. Injury Status

Isaiah Adams OL - Thumb - Full Participation in Practice
Owen Pappoe LB - Hip - Limited Participation in Practice
Kelvin Beachum OL - Groin - Limited Participation in Practice
Max Melton CB - Neck - Limited Participation in Practice
Sean Murphy-Bunting CB - Neck - Did Not Participate In Practice
Roy Lopez DL - Ankle - Did Not Participate In Practice
Christian Jones OL - Non-injury - Did Not Participate In Practice
Dennis Gardeck OLB - Knee - Did Not Participate In Practice

Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.

BOBorn_in_'72Forum Veteran
Oct 24, 2024, 03:49 PM

"Finatik wrote:

Miami Dolphins Injury Report Today
Player Pos. Injury Status

  • Jaylen Waddle WR - Quad - Limited Participation in Practice

  • Tua Tagovailoa QB - Concussion - Limited Participation in Practice

  • Emmanuel Ogbah LB - Biceps - Limited Participation in Practice

  • Jevon Holland S - Hand - Limited Participation in Practice

  • Liam Eichenberg OL - Shoulder - Limited Participation in Practice

  • Kader Kohou CB - Neck - Did Not Participate In Practice

  • Tyler Huntley QB - Shoulder - Did Not Participate In Practice

  • Storm Duck CB - Ankle - Did Not Participate In Practice

Rest

Calais Campbell DT - Did Not Participate In Practice
Terron Armstead OT - Did Not Participate In Practice

Arizona Cardinals Injury Report Today
Player Pos. Injury Status

Isaiah Adams OL - Thumb - Full Participation in Practice
Owen Pappoe LB - Hip - Limited Participation in Practice
Kelvin Beachum OL - Groin - Limited Participation in Practice
Max Melton CB - Neck - Limited Participation in Practice
Sean Murphy-Bunting CB - Neck - Did Not Participate In Practice
Roy Lopez DL - Ankle - Did Not Participate In Practice
Christian Jones OL - Non-injury - Did Not Participate In Practice
Dennis Gardeck OLB - Knee - Did Not Participate In Practice

Waddle, Ogbah, Campbell, and Armstead are the ones who really give my hopes for this game a reality check. Same with Tua, because whether or not it's malicious or not that defense is going to pin its ears back and come after our QB hard.

Not even indicating a desire to hurt the guy, any defensive coordinator worth their salt is going to try to get after a QB who is coming back after not playing for a month and try to make them uncomfortable in the pocket and disrupt their timing.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Oct 24, 2024, 04:31 PM

"Born_in_'72 wrote:

Waddle, Ogbah, Campbell, and Armstead are the ones who really give my hopes for this game a reality check. Same with Tua, because whether or not it's malicious or not that defense is going to pin its ears back and come after our QB hard.

Not even indicating a desire to hurt the guy, any defensive coordinator worth their salt is going to try to get after a QB who is coming back after not playing for a month and try to make them uncomfortable in the pocket and disrupt their timing.

Yeah, it’s unheard of for a defense to try and sack and pressure the QB unless that QB has missed some games. Brilliant insight!

StrikingStrikingForum Veteran
Oct 24, 2024, 05:06 PM

"danmarino wrote:

Tua being back is a big deal. The odds experts realize this even if some here don’t.

Saying that, the Cards aren’t a bad team and it’s going to be close. Especially if Tua is rusty.

It will be nice to get back to seeing a QB actually throw the ball to open receivers. If you watch the All-22 week in and week out there were receivers open all over the place and the back-ups just couldn’t get it to them. Those tapes are very frustrating.

I have yet to watch all 22. I've seen the videos posted and like the job the producer does on other videos. I'll do my best to watch one soon

I'm sure we had receivers open, Hill, Waddle and Smith should all be beating their men on a consistent basis. But playing practice squad quarterbacks is going to lead to missed opportunities. Tua will correct that quickly.

The_Dark_KnightThe_Dark_KnightForum Veteran
Oct 24, 2024, 06:47 PM

"Striking wrote:

I have yet to watch all 22. I've seen the videos posted and like the job the producer does on other videos. I'll do my best to watch one soon

I'm sure we had receivers open, Hill, Waddle and Smith should all be beating their men on a consistent basis. But playing practice squad quarterbacks is going to lead to missed opportunities. Tua will correct that quickly.

Don’t know if you saw the video I posted in the Tua returns to practice thread but if you watch that one, our receivers were indeed open. Huntley just didn’t see or wasn’t patient enough.

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”

The_Dark_KnightThe_Dark_KnightForum Veteran
Oct 24, 2024, 10:16 PM

You have got to be fooking kidding me!!!! The local Orlando CBS affiliate is airing the Philadelphia vs Cincinnati game this Sunday. I’d hate it if they were showing the Jacksonville vs Green Bay game but at least that would be an AFC regional game.

Damn it how I hate the local Orlando CBS affiliate. I wrote to them on their website. I urge everyone to do the same and spread the word. This sh!t has got to stop. If I wanted to watch Ohio or Pennsylvania football, I’d move up to that area but this just oisses me off.

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”

Tuanon4LifeTuanon4LifeForum Veteran
Oct 25, 2024, 08:05 AM

I'm flying down from NJ tomorrow for the game. Anybody else here going?

FIFirelandForum Veteran
Oct 25, 2024, 01:15 PM

All you can do is laugh at this point

The_Dark_KnightThe_Dark_KnightForum Veteran
Oct 25, 2024, 01:28 PM
"Fireland wrote:

All you can do is laugh at this point

Oh good God Almighty!!! I swear to Christ the Curse of Joe Robbie!!!

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”

OwesOwn614OwesOwn614Forum Veteran
Oct 25, 2024, 01:56 PM
OwesOwn614OwesOwn614Forum Veteran
Oct 25, 2024, 01:57 PM
DAdanmarinoSupporter
Oct 25, 2024, 02:38 PM
"Fireland wrote:

All you can do is laugh at this point

Did he suffer a concussion from his eye poke like Armstead apparently did a few weeks ago?

FIFirelandForum Veteran
Oct 25, 2024, 02:50 PM

"danmarino wrote:

Did he suffer a concussion from his eye poke like Armstead apparently did a few weeks ago?

McDaniel said he is week to week so it must be something kind of bad

Tuanon4LifeTuanon4LifeForum Veteran
Oct 25, 2024, 03:58 PM

Visors and guardian caps for all.

FIFishheadForum Veteran
Oct 25, 2024, 09:31 PM

How did Waddle and Hill get hurt? They haven’t done anything in over a month!

The_Dark_KnightThe_Dark_KnightForum Veteran
Oct 26, 2024, 07:46 AM

Good pregame breakdown

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”