Week one Dolphins vrs Jags news and notes

369 replies

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Aug 31, 2024, 11:09 AM

"djphinfan wrote:

Obviously Odell wants to play ball, it does sucks that he can’t, anyone questioning the passion to suit up for the dolphins is not an opinion I have respect for, quite frankly it’s just being obtuse or ignorant imo to suggest otherwise.

I'm not saying that it isn't true.

I'm saying, a statement from Grier doesn't mean anything. These are things that people have said for years. Everyone knows coaches and front office people aren't generally going to throw players under the bus publicly.

I was just saying you can't just use team statements as absolute fact.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Aug 31, 2024, 11:34 AM

"resnor wrote:

I'm not saying that it isn't true.

I'm saying, a statement from Grier doesn't mean anything. These are things that people have said for years. Everyone knows coaches and front office people aren't generally going to throw players under the bus publicly.

I was just saying you can't just use team statements as absolute fact.

My apologies if that was not your thought process..

Also I wasn’t really directing it towards you more of a general statement to a small minority that thinks that.

I had issues with Odell in the past and the way he carried himself but I never thought he wasn’t playing for the love of the game

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Aug 31, 2024, 02:27 PM

"resnor wrote:

Don't ascribe things to my posts.

My point was, it doesn't matter what Grier says. I'm not saying he isn't right. I'm just saying, even if Odell was being a problem, Grier wouldn't come out and say it.

It's asinine how you respond to things.

While also claiming my posts, or others like mine, are the problem.

The problem is the pattern of reaching for things to complain about. If that didn’t happen then people would get the benefit of the doubt. However, that reaching removes all of that and creates a preconceived notion about future posts. Especially since a post was already made explaining why the thought that OBJ would sign an incentive laden contract and then not play is asinine. Your follow up was made after that post and any reasonable person would take it as being also asinine.

Also, being so sensitive on the internet isn’t really healthy.

ExplosionsInDaSkyExplosionsInDaSkyForum Veteran
Aug 31, 2024, 03:07 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

My apologies if that was not your thought process..

Also I wasn’t really directing it towards you more of a general statement to a small minority that thinks that.

I had issues with Odell in the past and the way he carried himself but I never thought he wasn’t playing for the love of the game

You directed it at me and that's totally cool. I'm personally just frustrated that we wont get to see Odell out there. He's one of my all time favorite players in this league. My comment was more on the A-hole side of things. I should not have made it. My fault, moving on. I definitely hope to see him play for us. Like I said. I've been an Odell fan ever since he came into the league with the Giants.

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Aug 31, 2024, 05:35 PM

"danmarino wrote:

The problem is the pattern of reaching for things to complain about. If that didn’t happen then people would get the benefit of the doubt. However, that reaching removes all of that and creates a preconceived notion about future posts. Especially since a post was already made explaining why the thought that OBJ would sign an incentive laden contract and then not play is asinine. Your follow up was made after that post and any reasonable person would take it as being also asinine.

Also, being so sensitive on the internet isn’t really healthy.

Again, constantly misrepresenting my posts to argue with me is not me being sensitive.

You are exactly what we started this site to get away from. I can't say anything except praise for anything related to the team or you get on me. I've even taken to rarely posting, doesn't matter, you immediately ascribe motive to a post.

Then insult me.

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Aug 31, 2024, 05:38 PM

"danmarino wrote:

The problem is the pattern of reaching for things to complain about. If that didn’t happen then people would get the benefit of the doubt. However, that reaching removes all of that and creates a preconceived notion about future posts. Especially since a post was already made explaining why the thought that OBJ would sign an incentive laden contract and then not play is asinine. Your follow up was made after that post and any reasonable person would take it as being also asinine.

Also, being so sensitive on the internet isn’t really healthy.

When someone cites a team official's statement as proof, I don't see anything wrong with making the comment I made.

It had ZERO to do with OBJ, or the current situation. It was a general response to that mindset. You do understand how conversations go, right?

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Aug 31, 2024, 05:42 PM

"resnor wrote:

And? Is Grier gonna come out and throw Odell under the bus?

What else am I going to go by? It's a statement made by the man in charge of personnel for the franchise. Unless Odell comes out with a statement refuting it.

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Aug 31, 2024, 05:44 PM

"resnor wrote:

When someone cites a team official's statement as proof, I don't see anything wrong with making the comment I made.

It had ZERO to do with OBJ, or the current situation. It was a general response to that mindset. You do understand how conversations go, right?

What other "proof" is there? A GM made a statement about a player and to my knowledge the player/agent/momma hasn't refuted it.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Aug 31, 2024, 07:06 PM

"resnor wrote:

Again, constantly misrepresenting my posts to argue with me is not me being sensitive.

You are exactly what we started this site to get away from. I can't say anything except praise for anything related to the team or you get on me. I've even taken to rarely posting, doesn't matter, you immediately ascribe motive to a post.

Then insult me.

Have you ever considered that EVERYONE (and there are many according to you) who “misrepresents” your posts are just taking your posts at face value and it’s YOU that should better word those posts? If you don’t mean what you write, either don’t write it or reword it. Ever thought of getting an editor? Lol

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Aug 31, 2024, 07:10 PM

"resnor wrote:

When someone cites a team official's statement as proof, I don't see anything wrong with making the comment I made.

It had ZERO to do with OBJ, or the current situation. It was a general response to that mindset. You do understand how conversations go, right?

I clearly understand. I think you should look in the mirror. Maybe you believe that what you think AND what you write is clear to everyone else? That’s not the case. We can only read what you write. I doubt anyone here can read your thoughts.

Again, either write what you mean or get an editor.

FinatikFinatikStaff
Sep 1, 2024, 11:52 AM

Dan and Res let’s not start the season like this ok.

Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Sep 1, 2024, 01:05 PM

after watching every rep of P Paul I think some respect for the front office who made the call on this player amidst some unflattering things on tape is in order.

Also more respect for the coaching as well as it looks like we have a laremy tunsil type situation.

I’ll explain what I mean, when laremy came out of ole miss I studied him very much and while it was obvious his talent was #1 pick overall type talent he would slack off dependent upon the level of comp.

This kid Paul like I’ve been saying since the senior bowl showed how he can just flip his quickness and anger dependent upon the comp.

However most of us would have passed on him beaded in college tape, so I have to give Grier props for recognizing the ceiling and perhaps making the call based on senior bowl tape.

As far as the coaching goes, you absolutely see the Armstead tutoring going on here.

If you listen to Terron over the years he constantly talks about beating the man to the spot, constantly. It’s all about coming off the ball and starting the rep on his terms in the defenders area where he usually has enough space to make a move, and over this preseason you absolutely see that technique being displayed.

The one move he has to continue to work on is that inside counter from the edge. However, I was a big Austin Jackson fan and this was his weakness, it can get better.

Lastly, the aggressive nature this dude has has me very happy, I saw it and talked about it at the senior bowl and it’s now evident.

He’s mean and me likey:)

ExplosionsInDaSkyExplosionsInDaSkyForum Veteran
Sep 1, 2024, 08:10 PM

I think we're going to be mentioning Paul as a mainstay on the offensive line for years to come. There's a lot to like about him. The fact that he has a mean streak to him is enough to make me think he'll make it in the NFL.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Sep 2, 2024, 03:22 AM

"ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:

I think we're going to be mentioning Paul as a mainstay on the offensive line for years to come. There's a lot to like about him. The fact that he has a mean streak to him is enough to make me think he'll make it in the NFL.

Can’t teach that part

FIFishheadForum Veteran
Sep 2, 2024, 12:21 PM
djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Sep 2, 2024, 04:47 PM

I believe Tua is the kind of Qb who doesn’t need to tune up to play at a high level, see last year at chargers, plus he’s 25 lbs lighter and is gonna want to show off a bit that he can run for a few first downs :;

So with that I think we can outscore them

If Ramsey plays I think that’s enough on D to win

dolphin25dolphin25Forum Veteran
Sep 3, 2024, 12:38 PM

"Fireland wrote:

Players who don't want to play don't sign incentive based contracts.

You do when the base is millions.

Lord help us.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Sep 3, 2024, 12:42 PM

"dolphin25 wrote:

You do when the base is millions.

Yeah. A guy who has made $100m over the length of his playing career, and nearly $50m in endorsements, came here to make $3m, not play, and lose out on $5m more. That was his master plan.

dolphin25dolphin25Forum Veteran
Sep 3, 2024, 12:43 PM

"danmarino wrote:

Yeah. A guy who has made $100m over the length of his playing career, and nearly $50m in endorsements, came here to make $3m, not play, and lose out on $5m more. That was his master plan.

What a stupid post. lol

I see you're still butt hurt over being made a complete laughing stock over your entire salary cap ignorance.

Did I say anything about Odell? no, but yet again your complete ignorance steps into s h i t.

Only you would be stupid enough to not sign and stand on the sidelines and collect a few million. No surprise there though.

Lord help us.

Tuanon4LifeTuanon4LifeForum Veteran
Sep 3, 2024, 12:46 PM

I believe Odell came here for a chance to get another ring. It's a long time between now and February.

FIFirelandForum Veteran
Sep 3, 2024, 12:49 PM

"dolphin25 wrote:

You do when the base is millions.

Only if you believe that Odell couldn't have got more than a base of 3 million from anyone else. Which I really don't think anyone here believes.

Signing incentive based contracts means you are taking less on the base. Players that do that are betting on themselves.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Sep 3, 2024, 12:50 PM

"dolphin25 wrote:

I see you continue to be an a s s h o l e. Congratulations!

Did I say anything about Odell? no, but yet again your complete ignorance steps into s h i t.

Only you would be stupid enough to not sign and stand on the sidelines and collect a few million. No surprise there though.

Crying? lol

Don't backtrack and act as if you didn't know this is about OBJ or that you weren't including OBJ in your reply.

Maybe someone who has no ambitions, self-worth, or character would do that. Committing fraud isn't how I'd like to live my life. Then again, I'm a man with some self-worth and pride. ;)

dolphin25dolphin25Forum Veteran
Sep 3, 2024, 12:50 PM

"Fireland wrote:

Only if you believe that Odell couldn't have got more than a base of 3 million from anyone else. Which I really don't think anyone here believes.

Signing incentive based contracts means you are taking less on the base. Players that do that are betting on themselves.

Are you implying you would not sign and sit on the sidelines for 3 million?

Lord help us.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Sep 3, 2024, 12:51 PM

"Tuanon4Life wrote:

I believe Odell came here for a chance to get another ring. It's a long time between now and February.

No...no...no...He came here to add $3m to his $150m+ bank account and didn't care about his reputation or legacy at all. It's all about the relative pennies and fraud for him. lol

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Sep 3, 2024, 12:53 PM

"dolphin25 wrote:

Are you implying you would not sign and sit on the sidelines for 3 million?

Nice strawman.

Cry harder...lol