What are you playing?
1542 repliesPinned
"danmarino wrote:
I still play a "Quick Matchup" every other day or so. I love Madden.
No broadband, so no online play for me. 100% offline single player franchise.
I've collected quite a few PSVR games (there are sales most every month it seems) since picking up the Playstation VR headset last November. The very latest game I just picked up today was Wipeout Omega Collection. I've played some Wipeout games in the past, but I was never a big fan -it was fun but not a must have for me.
There is a FREE VR mode for the Wipeout Omega Collection now. It is a HUGE game changer, playing from the cockpit view. Just a blast to play and it will be one of the VR games I will use to demo the VR experience for those who have not tried VR. Even better, you can grab a physical copy of the game for $24 at Gamestop (I got the last copy at my local Gamestop). It is quite simply a top 3 PSVR game and should be in your VR game collection.
A terrible play call, terribly executed.
Just cranked up FarCry 5. Entertaining thus far.
Dolphins Football. Learn it. Live it. Love it.
I decided to buy MLB The Show after skipping all sports games last year, and its worth it. They've cleaned up all of the menus and made things easier to understand. Player models are terrific, and gameplay is tight. I'm just about finished with AC Origins, so this will be my main focus for a long time.
"Unlucky 13 wrote:
I decided to buy MLB The Show after skipping all sports games last year, and its worth it. They've cleaned up all of the menus and made things easier to understand. Player models are terrific, and gameplay is tight. I'm just about finished with AC Origins, so this will be my main focus for a long time.
Oh, I didn't get it last year (usually get it every two years). I will have to consider getting it.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
"Stitches wrote:
Oh, I didn't get it last year (usually get it every two years). I will have to consider getting it.
Its worth it, I think. Variable difficulty seems better. I'm currently playing on veteran hitting and All Star pitching and getting a lot of close games.
I've been playing Fortnite on the PC and I'm entirely addicted to it- one of the most enjoyable multiplayer games I've messed with in awhile. If any of you are playing or give it a try, let me know and we can group together for a few rounds.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
I'm starting to roll back my commitment to my ArmA unit. They made me Company Commander, and because the Battalion Commander was basically never around, I was de facto running the unit. Did not want. Turning it over to someone else in a reorganization, and going to focus mainly on keeping the tech running for them. Should give me more time to play games that actually aren't ArmA now.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
Apparently, the Xenosaga series might be brought to current consoles via a HD remaster collection. If you aren't familiar, it was an interesting and ambitious Japanese RPG series set in space, in the future, and is pretty out there. They borrowed some elements from the Final Fantasy movie, but its full of its own brand of weirdness and could be a struggle to follow at times.
I played the first and second ones, and would probably describe them as the closest thing to the Final Fantasy games of that era that anyone else produced. However, the graphics and gameplay were not up to par with the PS2 FF games. I never got around to the third game, as I had moved onto the PS3 at that point and was then (mistakenly) thinking that I'd be flooded with cool RPG titles for that generation instead. I'm interested in checking out the HD remasters if they make them though.
Nobody else here is playing Fortnite? How is that possible? LOL!
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"Unlucky 13 wrote:
Apparently, the Xenosaga series might be brought to current consoles via a HD remaster collection.
Source? Xenosaga HD has been whispered about for a few years, but it seems almost impossible to do; Monolithsoft moved on to making the Xenoblade series for Nintendo, and Bandai-Namco has other RPGs they'd rather market.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
Source? Xenosaga HD has been whispered about for a few years, but it seems almost impossible to do; Monolithsoft moved on to making the Xenoblade series for Nintendo, and Bandai-Namco has other RPGs they'd rather market.
I read an article that had been linked by Google on my phone. Don't remember where it was from now.
EDIT: Found it.
"KeyFin wrote:
Nobody else here is playing Fortnite? How is that possible? LOL!
I don't do online games, and have no interest in that type regardless.
"KeyFin wrote:
Nobody else here is playing Fortnite? How is that possible? LOL!
I dabbled with it for awhile. My building skills can't keep up with kids raised on Minecraft. Fun game for sure, and I loved the concept. Switched over to PUBG on Xbox and having a lot more fun with that, even scored a solo win!
My two kids have really gotten into Lego games the past month. They've gotten good enough with the PS4 that I think we won't be pulling the Wii back out of storage any time soon.
"MonstBlitz wrote:
I dabbled with it for awhile. My building skills can't keep up with kids raised on Minecraft. Fun game for sure, and I loved the concept. Switched over to PUBG on Xbox and having a lot more fun with that, even scored a solo win!
Yeah, I'm not a good builder either..but I still have a lot of fun with it. I need to try PUBG though as well since I've heard a lot of good things about it.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
I hate the building aspect of Fortnite, otherwise the game is ok (battle royale).
I am playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning right now, as I am playing more PC games after getting an ultra-wide monitor, and trying to clear some backlog. Surprised the game looks as good as it does. I think I am like 15 hrs in, and it is fun. The world seems huge.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
"KeyFin wrote:
Yeah, I'm not a good builder either..but I still have a lot of fun with it. I need to try PUBG though as well since I've heard a lot of good things about it.
The problem with PUBG is when you are not young anymore and don’t have hours a day to devote to a game, it can be a little irritating to be headshot from far away and dead. Rinse, repeat. :D
"Stitches wrote:
I hate the building aspect of Fortnite, otherwise the game is ok (battle royale).
I am playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning right now, as I am playing more PC games after getting an ultra-wide monitor, and trying to clear some backlog. Surprised the game looks as good as it does. I think I am like 15 hrs in, and it is fun. The world seems huge.
Agree on fortnite, it is a mediocre game to me, but again, I hate crafting games. It seems to tedious to me. I think I might finally have hit a generational thing. Josh Richardson loves the game.
"eltos_lightfoot wrote:
The problem with PUBG is when you are not young anymore and don’t have hours a day to devote to a game, it can be a little irritating to be headshot from far away and dead. Rinse, repeat. :D
That kind of thing is why I'll be sticking to single player, offline gaming.
"Unlucky 13 wrote:
That kind of thing is why I'll be sticking to single player, offline gaming.
Yeah, but on the rare occasion that you do wipe the floor with the kid who is 10x better than you, the feeling is magical (for about 5 minutes, but still...).
I've won 2 solo matches in Fortnite and maybe a half dozen team matches. It's an awesome feeling every single time. They also minimize losing as well because from the time you die, you can be in another match in 30-45 seconds.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"KeyFin wrote:
Yeah, but on the rare occasion that you do wipe the floor with the kid who is 10x better than you, the feeling is magical (for about 5 minutes, but still...).
I've won 2 solo matches in Fortnite and maybe a half dozen team matches. It's an awesome feeling every single time. They also minimize losing as well because from the time you die, you can be in another match in 30-45 seconds.
Honestly I feel like Overwatch does this same thing but without the building. :)
"eltos_lightfoot wrote:
Honestly I feel like Overwatch does this same thing but without the building. :)
I haven't tried Overwatch yet....I watched a few matches on Twitch and thought it looked too skill based for me. I'm 44 so I look for games more with strategy than killer reflexes.
And yes, Fortnite definitely isn't that game, lol, but if you play smart and hang back, you can come in the top 10 most of the time (since all the kids rush head-first into battles). Usually I have to get lucky twice in order to win...either by getting an awesome weapon (to blow up their forts) or a much better player making a mistake (rushing me too soon, whatever).
I'll admit, I completely suck at the game....yet it makes me happy. =)
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"KeyFin wrote:
I haven't tried Overwatch yet....I watched a few matches on Twitch and thought it looked too skill based for me. I'm 44 so I look for games more with strategy than killer reflexes.
And yes, Fortnite definitely isn't that game, lol, but if you play smart and hang back, you can come in the top 10 most of the time (since all the kids rush head-first into battles). Usually I have to get lucky twice in order to win...either by getting an awesome weapon (to blow up their forts) or a much better player making a mistake (rushing me too soon, whatever).
I'll admit, I completely suck at the game....yet it makes me happy. =)
Ha! That is definitely more strategy than Overwatch requires. It is pretty much a twitch fest. :D
"eltos_lightfoot wrote:
The problem with PUBG is when you are not young anymore and don’t have hours a day to devote to a game, it can be a little irritating to be headshot from far away and dead. Rinse, repeat. :D
PUBG offers a lot of fun moments for both experienced and mediocre gamers (such as myself). I definitely fall into the same category you do. I have 2 kids, full time job, etc. I maybe get to play 1 or 2 matches a day if I'm lucky. Most nights I have to choose between watching a show on TV or an hour or 2 gaming.
PUBG has enough luck aspect to it, that as long as you're serviceable with a first or third person shooter, you can get some wins. And winning is rare in these battle royale games, especially solo mode, but there are lots of fun moments in between. I did get 1 solo victory (I've only played about 30 matches total). Definitely got lucky finding right equipment, right place right time, etc. but it was still one of the most rewarding video game experiences I've had in a long time. Right up there with beating the original Double Dragon without losing a life.
You're right though, getting sniped is no fun. But that's part of the fun for me, is the fear you feel when you're 20 minutes into a game not paying attention to your surroundings searching for some nice loot and next thing you know you're dead.