All Dolphins Opponents, So Far, Are Unbeaten

9 replies

DolPhinPhan7DolPhinPhan7Forum VeteranOP
Sep 28, 2026, 02:50 PM

I know a third of their wins are "against the Dolphins". But the Raiders, Niners and Chiefs are all 3-0. So are the Vikings, who's up next.

If we compare this Dolphins team with the 2019 season, where there were talks about that Dolphins team being a safety hazard because they were so bad, we're ahead of schedule, it appears. And that team cobbled together 5 wins.

The team is improving with each game even though the opponents are playing very well.

Just some room for optimism on this frustrating season.

I also get some extraordinary schadenfreude seeing how the Chargers are playing.

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Sep 28, 2026, 03:15 PM

To me, the defense was vastly improved against the Chiefs when compared to weeks 1 and 2. The offense is also impressive in its ability to stretch out long drives and control the clock. I actually see a lot of potential with this roster and I do think we'll win some games.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Sep 28, 2026, 03:23 PM

No, losing to the Raiders who were the worst team in the league last year and starting a 40 year old journeyman quarterback, should not be taken as some kind of moral victory.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Sep 28, 2026, 04:56 PM

The Dolphins are not only the worst team in the league, but they also face the league's hardest schedule. I certainly thought that when it was released, and at this point, our opponents have a .620 winning percentage. Put the those together with now losing Achane for the season, and 0-17 is looking more and more likely.

Minnesota, next week's opponent, is also 3-0, and Brian Flores is likely drooling at throwing the kitchen sink at our offense. Its going to be a real ugly game.

FinatikFinatikStaff
Sep 28, 2026, 05:44 PM

Have you watched the Titans play?

Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.

Threaded under
JJ_79JJ_79Forum Veteran
Sep 28, 2026, 06:18 PM
KeyFin#2↑To me, the defense was vastly improved against the Chiefs when compared to weeks 1 and 2. The offense is also impressive in its ability to…

To me, the defense was vastly improved against the Chiefs when compared to weeks 1 and 2. The offense is also impressive in its ability to stretch out long drives and control the clock. I actually see a lot of potential with this roster and I do think we'll win some games.

After the KC game I‘m actually a little optimistic about the whole thing. D was better than before, Willis is intriguing, our rookies look quite impressive for the most part so far and we’re starting to get competitive even without Achane and that while paying almost 200 million dollars for nothing. If Haffley keeps this up and improving, I‘m all in on this team again (Grier made that almost impossible).

Threaded under
KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Sep 28, 2026, 06:54 PM
JJ_79#6↑After the KC game I‘m actually a little optimistic about the whole thing. D was better than before, Willis is intriguing, our rookies look…

↩ quoting @KeyFin — view original

After the KC game I‘m actually a little optimistic about the whole thing. D was better than before, Willis is intriguing, our rookies look quite impressive for the most part so far and we’re starting to get competitive even without Achane and that while paying almost 200 million dollars for nothing. If Haffley keeps this up and improving, I‘m all in on this team again (Grier made that almost impossible).

I agree. For this season, I'm ignoring record completely and I just want to see the team improve and compete. They did that against KC- our prior teams could never hold Mahommes to 24 points. And that's because of time of posession, we could never control the clock like we're doing now.

I'm all-in regardless at this point, and I think we have a good plan in place. Build through the draft, no splash signings, retain home-grown talent. That's always been the reciepe for all the dominant teams- NE, Pitt, Buffalo, San Fran, etc.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

Threaded under
JJ_79JJ_79Forum Veteran
Sep 28, 2026, 06:58 PM
KeyFin#7↑I agree. For this season, I'm ignoring record completely and I just want to see the team improve and compete. They did that against KC- our…

↩ quoting @JJ_79 — view original

I agree. For this season, I'm ignoring record completely and I just want to see the team improve and compete. They did that against KC- our prior teams could never hold Mahommes to 24 points. And that's because of time of posession, we could never control the clock like we're doing now.

I'm all-in regardless at this point, and I think we have a good plan in place. Build through the draft, no splash signings, retain home-grown talent. That's always been the reciepe for all the dominant teams- NE, Pitt, Buffalo, San Fran, etc.

I agree but hold your horses when it comes NE being a dominant team. Love how their season started and hopefully it gets even better!

Threaded under
KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Sep 28, 2026, 07:01 PM
JJ_79#8↑I agree but hold your horses when it comes NE being a dominant team. Love how their season started and hopefully it gets even better!

↩ quoting @KeyFin — view original

I agree but hold your horses when it comes NE being a dominant team. Love how their season started and hopefully it gets even better!

Oh, I meant the previous dynasty. I don't think NE is a great team. We need to see 5+ years of predictable results to call someone that.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

Threaded under
JJ_79JJ_79Forum Veteran
Sep 28, 2026, 07:44 PM
KeyFin#9↑Oh, I meant the previous dynasty. I don't think NE is a great team. We need to see 5+ years of predictable results to call someone that.

↩ quoting @JJ_79 — view original

Oh, I meant the previous dynasty. I don't think NE is a great team. We need to see 5+ years of predictable results to call someone that.

I know what you were intending to get through, just had to point out the great start of the Cheatriots season. :)