First time in my life I am not watching superbowl
165 replies
My nightmare has come true eagles vs pats in SB.
I am not sure which team I hate worse.
The eagles fans up here in the northeast are the most annoying on the planet
The pats have ruined my love for football.
I am really debating for the first time in my life not goimg to any parties or even watching game period!
I had such high hopes for.the fins this year also.2017 really sucked for.football.I guess 2018 can't get any worse.
I agree. Except it's not the Pats, but their cheating and the NFL's refusal to do anything about it that's making be less of an NFL fan. The refs were totally biased yesterday an it was grossly apparent. I grew up with the Cowboys, 49ers, and even the Bills to an extent, having a dynasty. Every year one of those teams was in the Super Bowl. I hated them, sure, but I never wanted to not watch football because of them.
Every season is almost pointless because we are always playing for second place.Is it ever going to end?
I think the pats have clones of tom brady and we will never see the end of this recurring nightmare.
I'll watch anyone beat NE so I have hope to watch the game...but I hate that they're in the Super Bowl to begin with. As much as I love the Dolphins I'm really bordering on not watching the NFL anymore, just because of the BS refs and how some teams get blatant favoritism.
We lost two games this season by phantom PI calls down the stretch- just that alone and we're an 8-8 team. Then the league screws us over the hurricane and takes our bye right before playing our biggest game of the season (@NE). But hey, we still need to represent in London for the good of the league. That's strike two and three. But to watch these refs change the course of games so blatantly- we've even seen one head ref quit in the playoffs because of it this season.
I just feel like we're watching a wrestling match where one team can dominate, the crowd can cheer and Hulk Hogan can magically get off the mat and get this sudden explosion of energy to steal the last-minute comeback. Some of these games seriously feel scripted and the Pats are the Harlem Globetrotters of the league. They were holding all day long without a single flag- the odds of that happening in one game is rare. To happen every freaking week, season after season....screw the NFL. That's all I have to say.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
Idc how people look at me for saying this, but I would love to see Brady take a severe career ending injury. They have cheated so long that I think... scratch that, I KNOW I’m fair in saying this. This cheating **** has to stop.
Brady is the guy who cheated on every test in school and then bragged about how smart he is.
"KeyFin wrote:
I'll watch anyone beat NE so I have hope to watch the game...but I hate that they're in the Super Bowl to begin with. As much as I love the Dolphins I'm really bordering on not watching the NFL anymore, just because of the BS refs and how some teams get blatant favoritism.
We lost two games this season by phantom PI calls down the stretch- just that alone and we're an 8-8 team. Then the league screws us over the hurricane and takes our bye right before playing our biggest game of the season (@NE). But hey, we still need to represent in London for the good of the league. That's strike two and three. But to watch these refs change the course of games so blatantly- we've even seen one head ref quit in the playoffs because of it this season.
I just feel like we're watching a wrestling match where one team can dominate, the crowd can cheer and Hulk Hogan can magically get off the mat and get this sudden explosion of energy to steal the last-minute comeback. Some of these games seriously feel scripted and the Pats are the Harlem Globetrotters of the league. They were holding all day long without a single flag- the odds of that happening in one game is rare. To happen every freaking week, season after season....screw the NFL. That's all I have to say.
That Hulk Hogan analogy was spot on.
"KeyFin wrote:
I'll watch anyone beat NE so I have hope to watch the game...but I hate that they're in the Super Bowl to begin with. As much as I love the Dolphins I'm really bordering on not watching the NFL anymore, just because of the BS refs and how some teams get blatant favoritism.
We lost two games this season by phantom PI calls down the stretch- just that alone and we're an 8-8 team. Then the league screws us over the hurricane and takes our bye right before playing our biggest game of the season (@NE). But hey, we still need to represent in London for the good of the league. That's strike two and three. But to watch these refs change the course of games so blatantly- we've even seen one head ref quit in the playoffs because of it this season.
I just feel like we're watching a wrestling match where one team can dominate, the crowd can cheer and Hulk Hogan can magically get off the mat and get this sudden explosion of energy to steal the last-minute comeback. Some of these games seriously feel scripted and the Pats are the Harlem Globetrotters of the league. They were holding all day long without a single flag- the odds of that happening in one game is rare. To happen every freaking week, season after season....screw the NFL. That's all I have to say.
Just read this. Since the Pats loss to the Dolphins over 5 games, they have been called for 3 off penalties for 14 yrds. The def has been called for 5 for 45 yrds. Opponents have been called for 16 off for 100 yrds and 16 for def for 260 yrds.
Slightly off topic maybe, but I've been pondering the divisional system again. Honestly, I'd prefer they ditch it. Or at least use seeding to create divisions each year.
Right now that might seem like an excuse to avoid the Patriots but I can honestly say that's not it, at least not for me. It's the general imbalance that exists where some teams have a much easier journey to the playoffs, and the fact that in general you want to always have the best teams competing, and you also want to generally reward long term performance or improvement. Fixed divisions don't permit that, they're nothing more than geography.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
I am not watching. I don't want to see the Patriots win another superbowl.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
I don't really care about the Eagles either way, but I got tired of the Pats long ago. Last year I watched until they got that first score in the third quarter and I turned it off because I knew what would happen.
I won't watch this year either unless I end up at someone's house who is playing the game, but I still wouldn't really focus on it. I'm done. I haven't watched a single non-phins Pats game since the SB last year, and even before that it was spotty. Fuck them, I am done.
I have had enough and I might finally be done with the NFL. I watched that shit yesterday and that was enough for me. Been saying for years that either the refs are terrible and the NFL doesn't care enough to force a change so they are complicit in it, or they attempt to manipulate the outcome of the games like pro wrestling. Yesterday was a prime example showing that its so out of whack and they don't even try to hide it anymore.
I have better things to do on Sundays. From here on out, if the Phins are on TV and I'm not doing anything, maybe I'll watch the game but I wont be making room on my schedule to watch games.
SICK;944668 wrote:
that and.....the city of jacksonville sucks.
"KeyFin wrote:
I'll watch anyone beat NE so I have hope to watch the game...but I hate that they're in the Super Bowl to begin with. As much as I love the Dolphins I'm really bordering on not watching the NFL anymore, just because of the BS refs and how some teams get blatant favoritism.
We lost two games this season by phantom PI calls down the stretch- just that alone and we're an 8-8 team. Then the league screws us over the hurricane and takes our bye right before playing our biggest game of the season (@NE). But hey, we still need to represent in London for the good of the league. That's strike two and three. But to watch these refs change the course of games so blatantly- we've even seen one head ref quit in the playoffs because of it this season.
I just feel like we're watching a wrestling match where one team can dominate, the crowd can cheer and Hulk Hogan can magically get off the mat and get this sudden explosion of energy to steal the last-minute comeback. Some of these games seriously feel scripted and the Pats are the Harlem Globetrotters of the league. They were holding all day long without a single flag- the odds of that happening in one game is rare. To happen every freaking week, season after season....screw the NFL. That's all I have to say.
Blaming the ref’s and the fact the Dolphins were a bad team in 2017 is nothing but continuing to make excuses for an organization which has been nothing but mediocre at best for nearly two decades.
The fans of every team blame the ref’s when their team loses a game. Yet the fact is the Dolphins were 6-10 because they had a lousy defense and a below average offense. They have far too many holes to fill going into next season and Tannehill is nothing but a mediocre QB to begin with.
So it is very likely the Dolphins will be battling the Jets for last place in the AFC East again next year, while the Patriots and Bills continue to be the best teams in the division. Blame the ref’s for the Dolphins mediocrity if it makes you happy. As for me, I believe it starts at the top and continues on down from there.
The problem with most Dolphin fans is they are willing to accept mediocrity and therefore the 8-8 record you claim they should have had is justifiable to you. To me, unless they win a SB, the season is a complete failure. So to me, they have been failing for over well over 40 years and that is on the players, coaches, front office and the various owners. Those the the individuals to blame for the Dolphins failures over the last four decades, not the referees.
"jw3102 wrote:
Blaming the ref’s and the fact the Dolphins were a bad team in 2017 is nothing but continuing to make excuses for an organization which has been nothing but mediocre at best for nearly two decades.
The fans of every team blame the ref’s when their team loses a game. Yet the fact is the Dolphins were 6-10 because they had a lousy defense and a below average offense. They have far too many holes to fill going into next season and Tannehill is nothing but a mediocre QB to begin with.
So it is very likely the Dolphins will be battling the Jets for last place in the AFC East again next year, while the Patriots and Bills continue to be the best teams in the division. Blame the ref’s for the Dolphins mediocrity if it makes you happy. As for me, I believe it starts at the top and continues on down from there.
The problem with most Dolphin fans is they are willing to accept mediocrity and therefore the 8-8 record you claim they should have had is justifiable to you. To me, unless they win a SB, the season is a complete failure. So to me, they have been failing for over well over 40 years and that is on the players, coaches, front office and the various owners. Those the the individuals to blame for the Dolphins failures over the last four decades, not the referees.
Lol dude, your so wrong. For years now the Pats have not gotten any calls on em and I refuse to believe that all 53 players year in and year out are disciplined more so than every team in the NFL and yesterday, the refs DIDNT EVEN ATTEMPT TO HIDE IT. Did you watch the game? Absolute BS.
Pat Chung used to get hit with a flag almost every drive when he was in Philly... take him to NE, all this sudden he’s “well disciplined” lmao **** outta here with that noise. Refs don’t look NE’s way, they turn their cheeks. If you wanna be gullible/naive and not see it. That’s on you. But don’t ever try to convince me because I know for a fact that a team with a history/rap sheet of cheating is still doing so and the integrity of the sport is now in question.
"shamegame13 wrote:
Lol dude, your so wrong. For years now the Pats have not gotten any calls on em and I refuse to believe that all 53 players year in and year out are disciplined more so than every team in the NFL and yesterday, the refs DIDNT EVEN ATTEMPT TO HIDE IT. Did you watch the game? Absolute BS.
Pat Chung used to get hit with a flag almost every drive when he was in Philly... take him to NE, all this sudden he’s “well disciplined” lmao **** outta here with that.
Plus I did not see ANYONE blaming the refs for anything about the Dolphins play or record...ANYONE.
Sucks for you.
It would be like voluntarily missing the Bull's dynasty b/c you're a Knicks or Pistons fan, and you refuse to acknowledge their greatness. Such a shame really.
Belichick is the greatest coach in NFL history. It would greatly benefit you to watch how they use their personnel, and their incredible ability of playing sound fundamentals, while also remaining versatile, flexible within their schemes, with excellent gameplans, and a great ability to make in-game adjustments.
Soak it in, folks. Ditch the ignorance and give yourself the opportunity to watch the greatest coach ever do his thing.
"In football, no one can take all the credit for making a play successful;
that's the beauty of the game. It has to be everybody together".
- Ron Kramer
Focus on defense, then the kicking game, and then do what you can offensively
-Jim MacKenzie
"Carmen Cygni wrote:
Sucks for you.
It would be like voluntarily missing the Bull's dynasty b/c you're a Knicks or Pistons fan, and you refuse to acknowledge their greatness. Such a shame really.
Belichick is the greatest coach in NFL history. It would greatly benefit you to watch how they use their personnel, and their incredible ability of playing sound fundamentals, while also remaining versatile, flexible within their schemes, with excellent gameplans, and a great ability to make in-game adjustments.
Soak it in, folks. Ditch the ignorance and give yourself the opportunity to watch the greatest coach ever do his thing.
Or in other words, lie, cheat, and steal.... Your whole second paragraph fits them cheating and it’s clear as day the refs favor the Pats for whatever reason.
"jw3102 wrote:
Blaming the ref’s and the fact the Dolphins were a bad team in 2017 is nothing but continuing to make excuses for an organization which has been nothing but mediocre at best for nearly two decades.
The fans of every team blame the ref’s when their team loses a game. Yet the fact is the Dolphins were 6-10 because they had a lousy defense and a below average offense. They have far too many holes to fill going into next season and Tannehill is nothing but a mediocre QB to begin with.
So it is very likely the Dolphins will be battling the Jets for last place in the AFC East again next year, while the Patriots and Bills continue to be the best teams in the division. Blame the ref’s for the Dolphins mediocrity if it makes you happy. As for me, I believe it starts at the top and continues on down from there.
The problem with most Dolphin fans is they are willing to accept mediocrity and therefore the 8-8 record you claim they should have had is justifiable to you. To me, unless they win a SB, the season is a complete failure. So to me, they have been failing for over well over 40 years and that is on the players, coaches, front office and the various owners. Those the the individuals to blame for the Dolphins failures over the last four decades, not the referees.
Perfectly said.
PHINS WOLVERINES ROCKETS
DON'T MESS WITH US!
"shamegame13 wrote:
Or in other words, lie, cheat, and steal.... Your whole second paragraph fits them cheating and it’s clear as day the refs favor the Pats for whatever reason.
This is what I get for bringing logic to a tin-foil hat party.
"In football, no one can take all the credit for making a play successful;
that's the beauty of the game. It has to be everybody together".
- Ron Kramer
Focus on defense, then the kicking game, and then do what you can offensively
-Jim MacKenzie
"danmarino wrote:
I agree. Except it's not the Pats, but their cheating and the NFL's refusal to do anything about it that's making be less of an NFL fan. The refs were totally biased yesterday an it was grossly apparent. I grew up with the Cowboys, 49ers, and even the Bills to an extent, having a dynasty. Every year one of those teams was in the Super Bowl. I hated them, sure, but I never wanted to not watch football because of them.
I turned the game off yesterday right before the half and that questionable PI call against the Jags. I knew how that game was going to play out. Makes me sick.
Lord help us.
Don't forget the 3 legit TD's teams had against the Pats that were reversed despite being catches.
Lord help us.
"shamegame13 wrote:
Or in other words, lie, cheat, and steal.... Your whole second paragraph fits them cheating and it’s clear as day the refs favor the Pats for whatever reason.
They don't even have to do that, the refs do it for them.
Lord help us.
"Carmen Cygni wrote:
Sucks for you.
It would be like voluntarily missing the Bull's dynasty b/c you're a Knicks or Pistons fan, and you refuse to acknowledge their greatness. Such a shame really.
Belichick is the greatest coach in NFL history. It would greatly benefit you to watch how they use their personnel, and their incredible ability of playing sound fundamentals, while also remaining versatile, flexible within their schemes, with excellent gameplans, and a great ability to make in-game adjustments.
Soak it in, folks. Ditch the ignorance and give yourself the opportunity to watch the greatest coach ever do his thing.
Except the Bulls didn’t cheat...they just had the legit GOAT. I can live with my team (NYK) losing to a better team. I don’t like seeing the Cheatriots win. As much as the Giants are my 2nd favorite team so I hate Philly also, I’d rather see them win.
I mean, yeah Belichick and Brady are great but I think it's time to stop pretending that the Pats don't get special treatment from the refs. And usually I can't stand playing that card, but there's truth there.
"Galant wrote:
Slightly off topic maybe, but I've been pondering the divisional system again. Honestly, I'd prefer they ditch it. Or at least use seeding to create divisions each year.
Right now that might seem like an excuse to avoid the Patriots but I can honestly say that's not it, at least not for me. It's the general imbalance that exists where some teams have a much easier journey to the playoffs, and the fact that in general you want to always have the best teams competing, and you also want to generally reward long term performance or improvement. Fixed divisions don't permit that, they're nothing more than geography.
I've always wondered how we're the Southern-most team in the league yet we play three northern teams within a hour or two of each other. The NE road games to NY or Buffalo aren't that big of a deal, yet we have to fly up the night before and adjust to the freezing cold. Yet the Pats come to us and enjoy South Beach in shorts each December (right before we stomp their asses).
I think divisions should be regional- throw the Giants in our current division and kick us out. We should be playing the Bucs, the Jags, and the Falcons as a SE division and skip that cold stuff completely until it's playoff time. That way every team is a 2 hour max flight from each other, the fans can travel to games a lot easier, etc. This will never happen though because it's common sense.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"Boik14 wrote:
Except the Bulls didn’t cheat...they just had the legit GOAT. I can live with my team (NYK) losing to a better team. I don’t like seeing the Cheatriots win. As much as the Giants are my 2nd favorite team so I hate Philly also, I’d rather see them win.
Among many other examples, such as Vince Lombardi hiring lip readers to sit in the stands w/ binoculars to watch the oppositions signal callers, this is another one.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18645192/tony-dungy-says-indianapolis-colts-stole-signals-cheat
It's all apart of the game. Has been since it's inception.
"In football, no one can take all the credit for making a play successful;
that's the beauty of the game. It has to be everybody together".
- Ron Kramer
Focus on defense, then the kicking game, and then do what you can offensively
-Jim MacKenzie