I'm out on Tannehill
1435 repliesLocked
You could trade Ryan Tannehill for multiple first round picks.
I wouldn't recommend doing so.
DJ you usually make good posts, but this one is kind of silly in my opinion. It's like you're ignoring the barrage of defenders flying at him unblocked every play.
On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.
This sounds like an emotional over reaction to a gut wrenching loss, after the gut wrenching news that Philbin was staying, after the gut wrenching news we were eliminated from the playoffs.
I get it, you want a Russel Wilson at QB. We know that. Guess what, Russel Wilson probably would not be good behind this line. I get it, he's alot more mobile and athletic, but there's really nothing Ryan could have done today behind this line the way they were playing. Often times, especially in the 4th quarter, there was nothing at all he could have done, the LT and RT were flat out beaten and all over him instantly, there was nowhere to escape.

1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!
"DPlus47 wrote:
Do people even read posts here, or do they just post their own insults and/or opinions based on what they think the OP said?
Did DJ even say that anything was RT's fault? He simply explained why he isn't sold on him, after seeing today's game. If you've paid any attention to what DJ has been saying all year, he's been looking for certain things all year, and he wasn't satisfied after today's game.
Earth shattering post. I'm astonished. It's as if DJ has a certain standard he's looking for, and it's different from what certain others are looking for. The horror. The horror.
Of course he is entitled to his opinion and thoughts...just an odd time to pick out Tannehill after a game where the defense was atrocious...the offensive line was getting the QB killed...Wallace and his drama...its the time to say he is done with Tannehill? Thats what I think ruffled so many feathers
"DPlus47 wrote:
Do people even read posts here, or do they just post their own insults and/or opinions based on what they think the OP said?
Did DJ even say that anything was RT's fault? He simply explained why he isn't sold on him, after seeing today's game. If you've paid any attention to what DJ has been saying all year, he's been looking for certain things all year, and he wasn't satisfied after today's game.
Earth shattering post. I'm astonished. It's as if DJ has a certain standard he's looking for, and it's different from what certain others are looking for. The horror. The horror.
oh the horror I disagre with a biased post, oh the horror sorry should I kiss his feet cause he dared to be diff?
oh the wisdom, he is a genius. happy now
DJ has continually called for RT to run. he has at times others not, but he has put points on the board. DJ has pigeon holed RT in a mental picture and if it didnt fit, he quit. I think it ridiculous. OUr defense blew a 10 point lead and put us behind by 10, rex Ryans defense eats that alive especially our oline.
hell tasker who hates the dolphins said he was impressed with Rts toughness and sees a bright future.
I just think there is so much more pressing neeeds to focus on RT is simply ridiculous
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.
Theodore Roosevelt
"speed wrote:
LOL!!
More completions in a season than Dan ever had. 4000 yards behind a garbage O line. No #1 WR.
And you are OUT?
You are OUT. Your opinion is worthless to me. I can't imagine you will ever bring anything of value.
And I am UNliking your youtube video.
You are blocked.
You don't habe a tenth of the credentials as DJ, hurry up and get banned. While I may be more optimistic that DJ about Ryan, that doesn't mean he deserves uninformed apologists to talk shnit.
He saw what he feels he saw, if you disagree then fine. But to say he brings nothing is trolling idiotic garbage.

"pocoloco wrote:
You could trade Ryan Tannehill for multiple first round picks.
Hahaha --- no.
Ryan has improved every year and had a great year stats wise.. I think next year we can be even better offensively.. However we need a better defense, and the Oline still needs tweaking.. Lots of players will be moving this year as well so we need to have the GM make the right moves for a solid team and fix these issues.
"JMHPhin wrote:
oh the horror I disagre with a biased post, oh the horror sorry should I kiss his feet cause he dared to be diff?
oh the wisdom, he is a genius. happy now
Mature.
"Fin-Omenal wrote:
You don't habe a tenth of the credentials as DJ, hurry up and get banned. While I may be more optimistic that DJ about Ryan, that doesn't mean he deserves uninformed apologists to talk shnit.
He saw what he feels he saw, if you disagree then fine. But to say he brings nothing is trolling idiotic garbage.
Just like labeling others as uninformed apologists is trolling garbage.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
"Buckeyetroop wrote:
I find no joy in going 8-8 regardless of whose fault it is.
None of us do, but it's not on Tannehill. He is a big reason for optimism moving forward.
"NyPhinfan wrote:
Of course he is entitled to his opinion and thoughts...just an odd time to pick out Tannehill after a game where the defense was atrocious...the offensive line was getting the QB killed...Wallace and his drama...its the time to say he is done with Tannehill? Thats what I think ruffled so many feathers
It looked to me like it was the first time he saw Tannehill play live. Maybe that's not what DJ meant, but that's what it looked like to me. I would expect him to say what he thinks after such an experience.
I respect DJ as a poster, and I agree with him on one major point: Tannehill needs to be less robotic. I think that will come with the next bit of improvements; it looks like DJ sees it differently. We'll see what happens.
I just don't see the need for multiple people to call him an idiot, even if he said "bring it." Everybody needs to vent today, I guess.
"djphinfan wrote:
Bring it on.. I sat and watched that dude play Qb live, and it was an uninspiring experience, the man does not move, he doesn't shuffle side to side, he doesn't run for first downs, he doesn't break the pocket, he doesn't make plays...period, he's a robot, if he's got protection and his read is open he can make that throw, other than that I do not believe we have the right QB Who can win it all.. His command of his offense is poor, players lolligaggi g back to the huddle all game, and here's my proof, how many freakin batted balls did this dude have.. 4?? Yeah about that... The man does not have a feel for the position so let's get it on, I'll tell you what I saw.... It was just as I exlected... Sorry guys it's gonna be a long offseason for me, no confidence at qb.. Changes everything
STFU! It's taken this franchise 20 years to have 4000 yard passer and your done with him. By far one of the dumbest things I've read on this forum. Sacks 7 times, hit 15 times yet you're criticizing his feel for the game!
"jldolfan wrote:
STFU! It's taken this franchise 20 years to have 4000 yard passer and your done with him. By far one of the dumbest things I've read on this forum. Sacks 7 times, hit 15 times yet you're criticizing his feel for the game!
Damn, relax. STFU? Really?
DJ, again... draft a QB 3rd round or lower (maybe a late second if they loved someone) and that's fine. Competition and insurance. But we can't get rid of this guy when he's playing as good as he is. He should be our QB for the forseeable future short of a regression, injury, or the competition lighting it up. Can we all just agree to this and stop having this convo?
"Stitches wrote:
Just like labeling others as uninformed apologists is trolling garbage.
Obviously you haven't ciphered through this guys posts.

"JMHPhin wrote:
oh the horror I disagre with a biased post, oh the horror sorry should I kiss his feet cause he dared to be diff?
oh the wisdom, he is a genius. happy now
I'm happy. I'm still not sure you're reading posts you're responding to, but that's your prerogative, isn't it? You refuted points that weren't even made in the OP. Good stuff, I guess.
"djphinfan wrote:
Bring it on.. I sat and watched that dude play Qb live, and it was an uninspiring experience, the man does not move, he doesn't shuffle side to side, he doesn't run for first downs, he doesn't break the pocket, he doesn't make plays...period, he's a robot, if he's got protection and his read is open he can make that throw, other than that I do not believe we have the right QB Who can win it all.. His command of his offense is poor, players lolligaggi g back to the huddle all game, and here's my proof, how many freakin batted balls did this dude have.. 4?? Yeah about that... The man does not have a feel for the position so let's get it on, I'll tell you what I saw.... It was just as I exlected... Sorry guys it's gonna be a long offseason for me, no confidence at qb.. Changes everything
Dude... the pitiful D gives up 37 points and it's Tanny's fault ?? I don't get your complaint... Once again, the DEFENSE let us down...as they've done way too many times this season...this was not about what Tanny did or didn't do...it's about Coyle and the group of players that they claim are the defense...
"Larryfinfan wrote:
Dude... the pitiful D gives up 37 points and it's Tanny's fault ?? I don't get your complaint... Once again, the DEFENSE let us down...as they've done way too many times this season...this was not about what Tanny did or didn't do...it's about Coyle and the group of players that they claim are the defense...
What defense? Geno Smith looked like Steve Young out there....all 11 guys and one moron DC don't deserve a label other than pathetic imo

I understand the emotion behind losing this game. Thing is, I don't understand the anger over Tannehill. We've been out of the playoff race basically since the Baltimore debacle. Tannehill is hardly the problem while certain parts of the defense and the atrocious offensive line are the problem.
"Buckeyetroop wrote:
Mature.
yeap, wasnt trying be
when you start a post with bring it on, its like your trying to pick a fight. I also post regularly so to me DJ is biased against RT. today was not Ryans fault, we arent in this game without tannehill.
I am sorry if you dont like my posts. but I get frustrated when we start bashing RT and almost to the extent of excusing the defense as it was RT fault they played poorly. He hit deep balls, he did escape pressure at times he got hit after every throw. defense failed play after play yet no apathy with them. to me its pure bias, wanting to be right rathr than having a serious debate. He may not be excusing the defense. but when they were so bad and so pathetic, to make this argument know, is almost like he was looking for a way to say see I told you Rt wasnt the guy. it is context
I also know DJ to be an inteligent football fan and a great poster, I just feel IMHO that he is blinded on this subject
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.
Theodore Roosevelt
"JMHPhin wrote:
yeap, wasnt trying be
when you start a post with bring it on, its like your trying to pick a fight. I also post regularly so to me DJ is biased against RT. today was not Ryans fault, we arent in this game without tannehill.
I am sorry if you dont like my posts. but I get frustrated when we start bashing RT and almost to the extent of excusing the defense as it was RT fault they played poorly. He hit deep balls, he did escape pressure at times he got hit after every throw. defense failed play after play yet no apathy with them. to me its pure bias, wanting to be right rathr than having a serious debate
I also know DJ to be an inteligent football fan and a great poster, I just feel IMHO that he is blinded on this subject
And it could be pure bias on your part, given you avy and sig, right?
"Buckeyetroop wrote:
And it could be pure bias on your part, given you avy and sig, right?
Just because you like a player doesn't mean you can't criticize them or have logical discussion on their shortcomings. I don't know if he is or isn't bias...but a avatar/signature of our Quarterback shouldn't preclude him from sharing his opinion on said player.
For instance Jarvis Landry has become my favorite player on this team. It doesn't mean I think he's going to be the best WR in the NFL or that he never screws up. It is a football site after all...most avatars and sigs will be football related.
On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.
"Fin-Omenal wrote:
What defense? Geno Smith looked like Steve Young out there....all 11 guys and one moron DC don't deserve a label other than pathetic imo
Geno smith is the only qb all season to have a perfect passer rating in a game. Our defense has major issues.
This thread is locked.