Miami's Next HC - is Mike McDaniel! (4 yr contract)

892 replies

GalantGalantForum VeteranOP
Jan 10, 2022, 10:56 AM


"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)

DolPhinPhan7DolPhinPhan7Forum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 11:00 AM

Is Cam Cameron available?

TItirty8Forum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 11:08 AM

Flores gets fired for not getting along with players, so hire Doug Pederson who got fired for not getting along with players...

Ross is hopeless.

TItirty8Forum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 11:14 AM

This is what I cannot wrap my mind around:

Jim Harbaugh is the only candidate that would be an obvious upgrade over Flores. I am looking at names being tossed around, and I really think Flo is better than every other name being tossed around.

mlb1399mlb1399Forum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 11:20 AM

"tirty8 wrote:

This is what I cannot wrap my mind around:

Jim Harbaugh is the only candidate that would be an obvious upgrade over Flores. I am looking at names being tossed around, and I really think Flo is better than every other name being tossed around.

this is classic Miami. Build a gimmick offense around a QB who can’t stay healthy and will probably be washed out in 4 years. Then the story will be, we have to rebuild an entire new offense because we’ve got a new QB. The clown Ferris wheel keeps spinning round and round in Miami.

FIFirelandForum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 11:25 AM

"tirty8 wrote:

This is what I cannot wrap my mind around:

Jim Harbaugh is the only candidate that would be an obvious upgrade over Flores. I am looking at names being tossed around, and I really think Flo is better than every other name being tossed around.

Ross cares more about the University of Michigan than the football team he owns and is responsible for

DolPhinPhan7DolPhinPhan7Forum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 11:44 AM

"mlb1399 wrote:

this is classic Miami. Build a gimmick offense around a QB who can’t stay healthy and will probably be washed out in 4 years. Then the story will be, we have to rebuild an entire new offense because we’ve got a new QB. The clown Ferris wheel keeps spinning round and round in Miami.

They need the gimmick offence because Tua had no time to throw.

There are no alternatives at QB, other than Watson (which isn't even an option IMHO).

GalantGalantForum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 11:44 AM


"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)

TItirty8Forum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 11:46 AM

"Fireland wrote:

Ross cares more about the University of Michigan than the football team he owns and is responsible for

This just goes to show how utterly inept Ross is. It is pretty much public knowledge at this time that Harbaugh is looking to come back to the NFL - I am getting the sooner or later vibe. I feel like most people with a high school education understand that you are not taking anyone from anywhere if they are choosing to leave on their own.

I seriously would like to know how this man was smart enough to be a billionaire.

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 11:47 AM

"tirty8 wrote:

This is what I cannot wrap my mind around:

Jim Harbaugh is the only candidate that would be an obvious upgrade over Flores. I am looking at names being tossed around, and I really think Flo is better than every other name being tossed around.

I'll be surprised if it isn't Harbaugh, to be honest. Then maybe he can bring in Bienemy to run the offense.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

TItirty8Forum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 11:48 AM
"Galant wrote:

Just put me out of my misery right now. Dennis Allen over Brian Flores. SMH

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 11:50 AM

If it's anyone but Harbaugh, Ross is a bumbling idiot.

DolPhinPhan7DolPhinPhan7Forum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 11:51 AM

5152854828094497

mlb1399mlb1399Forum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 11:51 AM

"DolPhinPhan7 wrote:

They need the gimmick offence because Tua had no time to throw.

There are no alternatives at QB, other than Watson (which isn't even an option IMHO).

Or our GM could have kept Karras and Flowers. We might not have had a “good” OL but it wouldn’t have been historically bad and maybe even serviceable.

This is the problem with constant coaching changes. You change coaches, schemes and players to fit those schemes. Likely moving on from the cover 0 defense. Do we have the personnel for a 4-3? Do we need new pieces to run a 3-4 then new coach likes? Now we’re set back a couple more years. Then all those draft picks we’ve had need to be resigned .

It’s a vicious cycle.

DolPhinPhan7DolPhinPhan7Forum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 11:54 AM

"mlb1399 wrote:

Or our GM could have kept Karras and Flowers. We might not have had a “good” OL but it wouldn’t have been historically bad and maybe even serviceable.

This is the problem with constant coaching changes. You change coaches, schemes and players to fit those schemes. Likely moving on from the cover 0 defense. Do we have the personnel for a 4-3? Do we need new pieces to run a 3-4 then new coach likes? Now we’re set back a couple more years. Then all those draft picks we’ve had need to be resigned .

It’s a vicious cycle.

It is. And most teams are on that wheel for a long time. Look at Cleveland and Minnesota.

Pre 2019, the Phins could have actually been relatively competitive.

They blew the thing up. I like the core of this team. But a competent O-line is a must.

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 11:55 AM

The A tier is pretty much Doug Pederson, especially if he gets a good DC. Dennis Allen is meh, but if he hires an A+ offensive staff I'd give him a chance. If you want something off the wall but reasonable... Ryan Day. If you want an offensive dude, he's at the top, and while he is a college HC he has NFL roots.

Honestly, as long as it is NOT Bill Obrien or Matt Patricia I'll give it a chance. If it's either of them, then we need to demand this franchise be fired into the sun.

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 12:13 PM

This is going to be unpopular but I'd like Mike Zimmer.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 12:13 PM

"DolPhinPhan7 wrote:

5152854828094497

I just threw up in my mouth.

mlb1399mlb1399Forum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 12:17 PM

Probably won’t matter because they’ll be fired in 3 years and we’ll be sold on a “new/better” rebuild

DolPhinPhan7DolPhinPhan7Forum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 12:19 PM

"mlb1399 wrote:

Probably won’t matter because they’ll be fired in 3 years and we’ll be sold on a “new/better” rebuild

Is this not the plight of most NFL fans?

Clark KentClark KentForum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 12:21 PM

What about chargers OC Joe Lombardi? I know his resume is thin, but he spent forever as NO QB coach, working with Brees. Maybe he brings in Joe Brady as OC, another saints alumni... I hate the idea of another first time HC, but at this point, wtf can we do.

I'll throw it out it there... Mike Shannhan. Proven system. Access to assistants that are proven...

If we're stuck with Tua, we need someone with a background working with QBs.

mlb1399mlb1399Forum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 12:32 PM

"DolPhinPhan7 wrote:

Is this not the plight of most NFL fans?

Yes but it’s absolutely moronic to think that a coach can change a losing culture, implement his systems and find his players on a completely gutted roster without a franchise QB in 3 seasons. You need some continuity and changing coaches doesn’t help with that.

Had Flores lost the team and we ended up with 4-6 wins, I could maybe understand this. We won 8/9 games. Griers off-season plan outside of the draft was a complete bust. This team wasn’t set up for success.

GalantGalantForum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 12:35 PM


"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)

DolPhinPhan7DolPhinPhan7Forum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 12:38 PM

"mlb1399 wrote:

Yes but it’s absolutely moronic to think that a coach can change a losing culture, implement his systems and find his players on a completely gutted roster without a franchise QB in 3 seasons. You need some continuity and changing coaches doesn’t help with that.

Had Flores lost the team and we ended up with 4-6 wins, I could maybe understand this. We won 8/9 games. Griers off-season plan outside of the draft was a complete bust. This team wasn’t set up for success.

I think we all identified that, even an average team, could win 6 of the Dolphins final 9 games. After the Ravens game, we saw the next games and could see the chance of a win-out being possible.

I don't know the dynamics behind the scenes. I suspect, after the 1-7 start, the writing was already on the wall. Flores needed to work on his resume.

If you think Tua isn't the answer then yeah, we're fucked. But I haven't bailed on him yet.

Tin IndianTin IndianForum Veteran
Jan 10, 2022, 12:40 PM

Whoever ends up as HC had better bring in a good staff. I really can't stand that we are doing this again.

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.