Mike McCarthy Fired - Philbin Interim HC
47 replies
Will he get a job next year?
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
Sucks to be them.
The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.
Hahahahaha go Philbin! Now they're gonna light it up.
Hey...
Maybe Philbin is a better coach than we thought. He certainly won't have an average ass QB as an excuse.
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"
Have fun with that, Packer fans.
A terrible play call, terribly executed.
One has to wonder how much of Philbin’s failure here had to do with Tannehill not being able to get the job done.
"cdz12250 wrote:
One has to wonder how much of Philbin’s failure here had to do with Tannehill not being able to get the job done.
I don't wonder at all. Philbin was a terrible head coach.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
Philbin is an awesome person so I wish him all the luck in the world. I personally don't love him as a head coach though.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"cdz12250 wrote:
One has to wonder how much of Philbin’s failure here had to do with Tannehill not being able to get the job done.
Or how much of Tannehill not developing enough is a result of Philbin being a crap coach?
SICK;944668 wrote:
that and.....the city of jacksonville sucks.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
Seen that Resnor posted the same thread as this before me. Can an admin merge to his please?
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
This is great news. Hopefully Miami can pick up a disgruntled Gregg Williams for DC with a promise of a legit chance to be HC next year if Gase doesn't get his crap together!
Easy decision for the Pack as he is at least familiar with the logistics of things like running practices and such, and is knowledgeable with Rogers. I find it hard to see him actually being hired as HC beyond this interim period though, unless Rogers is really pushing for it. They would be an interesting landing spot for a Lincoln Riley type though. That franchise needs some energy, and McCarthy wasn't doing anything.
As for McCarthy ... ew no.
"M1NDCRlME wrote:
Or how much of Tannehill not developing enough is a result of Philbin being a crap coach?
I mean, both things can be true in the statements "Philbin is a bad head coach" and "Ryan Tannehill is not a good quarterback."
"texanphinatic wrote:
I mean, both things can be true in the statements "Philbin is a bad head coach" and "Ryan Tannehill is not a good quarterback."
Except that I didn’t say Tanny is not a good QB. I said he hasn’t developed enough. Maybe Philbin was less concerned with picking gum wrappers and more concerned with teaching, then maybe Tanny wouldn’t have been hamstrung early in his career, and some of his current issues might have been overcome.
SICK;944668 wrote:
that and.....the city of jacksonville sucks.
Well people said that McCarthy on the NFL Network should had parted at the end of the season. But I guess team officials see it differently then the media and we do. Good run however.
Ready for May Flowers and Mother's Day 2022
My sympathies and condolences to any Packers fans. Hopefully it is only an interim appointment with no long term consequences.
I have heard time and time again on this site bang the drum about how a great elite quarterback can overcome a team's weaknesses. Well Rodgers is just that. I give credit where credit is due. Rodgers is a phenomenal quarterback and yet, a 4-7-1 record...and you can't say Rodgers isn't doing what he's supposed to...61.7% comp, 20/1 TD/INT and 3271 yards.
So could this possibly mean that even a GREAT quarterback can't bail your team out?

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
"Dolphin Dundee wrote:
This is great news. Hopefully Miami can pick up a disgruntled Gregg Williams for DC with a promise of a legit chance to be HC next year if Gase doesn't get his crap together!
The prospect of getting Williams as DC is intriguing. We need a DC...a REAL DC in the worst way!!

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
"The_Dark_Knight wrote:
I have heard time and time again on this site bang the drum about how a great elite quarterback can overcome a team's weaknesses. Well Rodgers is just that. I give credit where credit is due. Rodgers is a phenomenal quarterback and yet, a 4-7-1 record...and you can't say Rodgers isn't doing what he's supposed to...61.7% comp, 20/1 TD/INT and 3271 yards.
So could this possibly mean that even a GREAT quarterback can't bail your team out?
Shhhh it's the QB and only the QB that can take accountability for losing. Oh, and the Head Coach when it's convenient.
That said, Rodgers is a great example of how an elite QB can still perform with crap around them.
Though no-one here should be debating Tannehill is that.
"KeyFin wrote:
Philbin is an awesome person so I wish him all the luck in the world. I personally don't love him as a head coach though.
Any chance he has learned a few things about being a head coach since he left Miami?
"Irishman wrote:
Any chance he has learned a few things about being a head coach since he left Miami?
I want to see him tell Rodgers he can't call audibles and he has to stay in the pocket.
SICK;944668 wrote:
that and.....the city of jacksonville sucks.
"The_Dark_Knight wrote:
I have heard time and time again on this site bang the drum about how a great elite quarterback can overcome a team's weaknesses. Well Rodgers is just that. I give credit where credit is due. Rodgers is a phenomenal quarterback and yet, a 4-7-1 record...and you can't say Rodgers isn't doing what he's supposed to...61.7% comp, 20/1 TD/INT and 3271 yards.
So could this possibly mean that even a GREAT quarterback can't bail your team out?
You have heard that a great QB can overcome a team's weaknesses from idiots and those who don't understand the game. There were plenty who understood better, you being one of them.


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"