The bright side is
52 replies
We now don't have to worry about the typical late season collapse and can now plan other things to do on Sunday afternoons.
As for prime time games I can now get some.sleep instead of watching the typical beating we always get with the country watching.
Always some light you just need to search for it.
"pumpdogs wrote:
We now don't have to worry about the typical late season collapse and can now plan other things to do on Sunday afternoons.
As for prime time games I can now get some.sleep instead of watching the typical beating we always get with the country watching.
Always some light you just need to search for it.
Yeah, no shot I'm staying up till 3am or 4am to watch the prime time games this year. Lowlights on YouTube when I wake up from now on.
Now I get to look forward to basically no football, freezing cold weather, viruses and lots more great stuff. Woo. Bring it on.
:bag::crapstrom::drink::drink::drink:
You guys are missing it. They decided to reverse the normal season and get the collapse done early instead of late. Expect a good end of the season.
________________________________________
"It's a bunch of drunk, mid-30s type of crowd who are very well-educated," Evans said. "Much more vocal. A little bit more crazy. It's a little nastier playing down there, to be honest."
--Sounders Midfielder Brad Evans on Portland vs Seattle Fans--
"Springveldt wrote:
Yeah, no shot I'm staying up till 3am or 4am to watch the prime time games this year. Lowlights on YouTube when I wake up from now on.
Same here not that I should have done that earlier, looking at the Dolphins record in prime time games. On the bright side McDaniel might be the guy to finally get rid of Grier...
"Two Tacos wrote:
You guys are missing it. They decided to reverse the normal season and get the collapse done early instead of late. Expect a good end of the season.
I said as much on last night's post..
Total reversal this season.
I long for the days of Tua sucks and anyone can throw to a wide open by 20 yards Hill and Waddle.
"TheHighExhaulted wrote:
I long for the days of Tua sucks and anyone can throw to a wide open by 20 yards Hill and Waddle.
Yep, expect the same O line that was rated 31st in Pass Block win rate last year, to magically get better if Tua comes back, and to hear the "Tua is a one read QB" mantra again.
________________________________________
"It's a bunch of drunk, mid-30s type of crowd who are very well-educated," Evans said. "Much more vocal. A little bit more crazy. It's a little nastier playing down there, to be honest."
--Sounders Midfielder Brad Evans on Portland vs Seattle Fans--
"TheHighExhaulted wrote:
I long for the days of Tua sucks and anyone can throw to a wide open by 20 yards Hill and Waddle.
Um Tua actually hasn't been lighting it up either.
Last 5 games with Tua this team is averaging 13.8 points a game.They sucked with him and as expected with backups suck worse.
"pumpdogs wrote:
Um Tua actually hasn't been lighting it up either.
Last 5 games with Tua this team is averaging 13.8 points a game.They sucked with him and as expected with backups suck worse.
They are pretty much putting out one of the worst offenses the league has seen in decades without him. Its ok to admit they are substantially worse.
"Fireland wrote:
They are pretty much putting out one of the worst offenses the league has seen in decades without him. Its ok to admit they are substantially worse.
Fair, but the O hasn’t looked good in quite a while, even with Tua. Nobody is debating that Tua is the best QB we have and that by a far margin.
This offence has been figured out and this dude can't adjust.
"pumpdogs wrote:
Um Tua actually hasn't been lighting it up either.
Last 5 games with Tua this team is averaging 13.8 points a game.They sucked with him and as expected with backups suck worse.
Probably because they have been trotting out an interior OL of Jones, Eichenberg, Cotton or Jones, Brewer, Eichenberg in those games.
It was obvious at the end of last year that the line was a liability but the fact they rolled it out again I had put my trust in McDaniel either had saw something or that he had a new wrinkle up his sleeve that would at least cover for it. Stupid me.
I was always one that believed that you won in the trenches but with the rule changes and all the high flying passing offenses I thought maybe that had changed. I was wrong, everything begins up front as it always has.
I posted this on another board but just look at the state of this blocking, this is why the offense doesn't work. 4 guys blocking 1 while the other 3 got their ass whooped which meant a sack in 2 seconds.

"Springveldt wrote:
I posted this on another board but just look at the state of this blocking, this is why the offense doesn't work. 4 guys blocking 1 while the other 3 got their *** whooped which meant a sack in 2 seconds.
Oh my giddy aunt! Four guys blocking one of theirs. Who was it, The Hulk? That's just terrible at any level.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
I don't blame McDaniel for WHO is on the roster. That ultimately falls on Grier, but even if you are one of those that lay blame at McDaniel's feet for anything he may have said about the line, you STILL have to blame Grier!
He's on his 3rd head coach as GM and the OL is still terrible! It's BEYOND terrible. Grier himself, though his extensive experience as sitting in the GM chair should have drafted and signed good offensive linemen.

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
"Springveldt wrote:
Probably because they have been trotting out an interior OL of Jones, Eichenberg, Cotton or Jones, Brewer, Eichenberg in those games.
It was obvious at the end of last year that the line was a liability but the fact they rolled it out again I had put my trust in McDaniel either had saw something or that he had a new wrinkle up his sleeve that would at least cover for it. Stupid me.
I was always one that believed that you won in the trenches but with the rule changes and all the high flying passing offenses I thought maybe that had changed. I was wrong, everything begins up front as it always has.
I posted this on another board but just look at the state of this blocking, this is why the offense doesn't work. 4 guys blocking 1 while the other 3 got their *** whooped which meant a sack in 2 seconds.
Looks to me like a screen play and the blocking was on point but Huntley F’d up.
Im not saying that the oline hasn’t been trash.
"danmarino wrote:
Looks to me like a screen play and the blocking was on point but Huntley F’d up.
Im not saying that the oline hasn’t been trash.
Screen to Wright who is helping block the one lone DT and then releases? Watching the play Huntley never even looks at Wright, he's looking downfield towards Tyreek.
Not really sure what it was meant to be but I'm pretty sure it wasn't drawn up with the LT, C and RG all blocking the DT.
"Fireland wrote:
They are pretty much putting out one of the worst offenses the league has seen in decades without him. Its ok to admit they are substantially worse.
My point is I don't want to hear any excuses why we are losing without Tua.This entire offensive philosophy is wrong and has been figured out.
We got lucky to beat the jags with Tua who are now 0-4 and got smoked by Bills with Tua.
"Springveldt wrote:
Probably because they have been trotting out an interior OL of Jones, Eichenberg, Cotton or Jones, Brewer, Eichenberg in those games.
It was obvious at the end of last year that the line was a liability but the fact they rolled it out again I had put my trust in McDaniel either had saw something or that he had a new wrinkle up his sleeve that would at least cover for it. Stupid me.
I was always one that believed that you won in the trenches but with the rule changes and all the high flying passing offenses I thought maybe that had changed. I was wrong, everything begins up front as it always has.
I posted this on another board but just look at the state of this blocking, this is why the offense doesn't work. 4 guys blocking 1 while the other 3 got their *** whooped which meant a sack in 2 seconds.
supposed to be a screen maybe?
Lord help us.
"Springveldt wrote:
Screen to Wright who is helping block the one lone DT and then releases? Watching the play Huntley never even looks at Wright, he's looking downfield towards Tyreek.
Not really sure what it was meant to be but I'm pretty sure it wasn't drawn up with the LT, C and RG all blocking the DT.
I'm thinking there is expectations the OL can hold the block at least a second for the screen :( apparently not
Lord help us.
Good news is we have the second pick of the draft?
Lord help us.
"Springveldt wrote:
Screen to Wright who is helping block the one lone DT and then releases? Watching the play Huntley never even looks at Wright, he's looking downfield towards Tyreek.
Not really sure what it was meant to be but I'm pretty sure it wasn't drawn up with the LT, C and RG all blocking the DT.
There’s not just one receiver on a screen. I think it was meant to be a screen, but as I wrote before, I think Huntley fucked up.
"Sceeto wrote:
Now I get to look forward to basically no football, freezing cold weather, viruses and lots more great stuff. Woo. Bring it on.
:bag::crapstrom::drink::drink::drink:
You don’t watch any college football?
"TheHighExhaulted wrote:
I long for the days of Tua sucks and anyone can throw to a wide open by 20 yards Hill and Waddle.
Well anyone with eyes now sees how good Tua is and valuable his skill set is
It’s not about the skill players
My concerns are beyond that with Tua..

"djphinfan wrote:
Well anyone with eyes now sees how good Tua is and valuable his skill set is
It’s not about the skill players
My concerns are beyond that with Tua..
Except be honest, DJ, the offense was trash with Tua.