BAN the Reprehensible Phins!
33 replies
[ATTACH:full]
Do you think anyone will bring this up again? Do you think they'll apologise?
...Nah.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
Dawg, it has only just begun. Wait till next season. Just wait.
I can't wait to hear these clown's "hot takes."
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
These media personalities are tripping over their own egos.
🎃
"Galant wrote:
Do you think anyone will bring this up again? Do you think they'll apologise?
...Nah.
I still think that- a lot of fringe players will wash out of the league due to their year in Miami.
Three wins does not validate the 300+ hits Fitzpatrick has taken this season...only to be benched or traded next year. This "strategy" might work or it might not, but several of our young players will pay a price once they're taken out like trash next season. That's been my problem with tanking the entire time- it's not fair to the players to strip away any chances of a win and then tell them to work like dogs to be ready each Sunday.
To be completely honest, this 3-win team is playing at a higher level than we've seen from players in quite some time. Their work ethic is phenomenal and they're in it for each other....just look at Laird's TD today with two teammates carrying him across the goal line. The whole offense went ballistic for the kid....yet Laird will probably be working at Home Depot or something like that a year from now. It sucks because he's a serious gamer.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"KeyFin wrote:
I still think that- a lot of fringe players will wash out of the league due to their year in Miami.
Three wins does not validate the 300+ hits Fitzpatrick has taken this season...only to be benched or traded next year. This "strategy" might work or it might not, but several of our young players will pay a price once they're taken out like trash next season. That's been my problem with tanking the entire time- it's not fair to the players to strip away any chances of a win and then tell them to work like dogs to be ready each Sunday.
To be completely honest, this 3-win team is playing at a higher level than we've seen from players in quite some time. Their work ethic is phenomenal and they're in it for each other....just look at Laird's TD today with two teammates carrying him across the goal line. The whole offense went ballistic for the kid....yet Laird will probably be working at Home Depot or something like that a year from now. It sucks because he's a serious gamer.
You can also look at it as none of those players would have had a chance to even show what they could do or play in real NFL games if Miami didn't gut the roster like they have.
Plus, Ryan Fitzpatrick knows what he is getting into. He doesn't have to play.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
It’s not like Miami is a new team that just created an employment void in a talent based resource business. Most of these players would be in the league in one way or another. We just have the lower end of the talent spectrum as far as what the market would dictate. Making the most of that is what’s impressive.
🎃
Never once did this team say they were tanking. They said they were going to tear it down and build it the right way. It was the local pres in South Florida that started all this tanking talk, Mando and company. That they were as bad as they were to start the season was justification enough for the above clowns to run with it.
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
"Galant wrote:
What I love about this video is Flores is right there enjoying it with his guys!
this team is gelling and building a team chemistry! This bodes well for the future I expect a 9-8 9-7 season next year
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
Who better to decide than the players themselves. Few will make it to the Hall of Fame or wear a Superbowl ring but, all will have the opportunity to proudly declare that they played not only for an NFL team but, played for the Miami Dolphins and tasted victory, a level of accomplishment beyond the range of 99.999% of the general population. I would take that in a heartbeat and don't you dare feel sorry for me.
"Hooligan wrote:
Who better to decide than the players themselves. Few will make it to the Hall of Fame or wear a Superbowl ring but, all will have the opportunity to proudly declare that they played not only for an NFL team but, played for the Miami Dolphins and tasted victory, a level of accomplishment beyond the range of 99.999% of the general population. I would take that in a heartbeat and don't you dare feel sorry for me.
Rough guess there are something less than 100k people in history that could ever make that claim. Damn right these guys can be proud of it.
"Galant wrote:
That was a completely stupid article. Yes, we've won 3 of 5 and that's been a lot of fun to watch, but at the end of the day this is a team that will likely end the year at 5-11. What Flores has done is impressive but let's also keep things in perspective....he's playing with a gutted roster because the front office gutted the roster. Four or five wins against bad teams has nothing to do with our chances of winning when the front office is actually trying.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"KeyFin wrote:
That was a completely stupid article. Yes, we've won 3 of 5 and that's been a lot of fun to watch, but at the end of the day this is a team that will likely end the year at 5-11. What Flores has done is impressive but let's also keep things in perspective....he's playing with a gutted roster because the front office gutted the roster. Four or five wins against bad teams has nothing to do with our chances of winning when the front office is actually trying.
Beating bad teams is the first step to being a good team. One of the team they beat is decent.
One of the HUGE problems with Gase's Dolphins is that they would constantly lose to bad teams and then beat a few good to great teams.
Patriots rarely lose to bad teams. That is what good teams do.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
Beating bad teams is the first step to being a good team. One of the team they beat is decent.
One of the HUGE problems with Gase's Dolphins is that they would constantly lose to bad teams and then beat a few good to great teams.
Patriots rarely lose to bad teams. That is what good teams do.
The article said that all media, fans, etc owes Flores an apology due to his three wins....like that proves his entire legacy or something. And as I said, that's complete nonsense.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"KeyFin wrote:
The article said that all media, fans, etc owes Flores an apology due to his three wins....like that proves his entire legacy or something. And as I said, that's complete BS.
The ones that say he was trying to lose on purpose do.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
He’s not entirely wrong. Some of the things that were said were vicious and reprehensible, and poorly researched in most cases. I lost respect for more than a few talking heads this year. Greenberg, in particular, can kiss my rear.
"Dorfdad wrote:
What I love about this video is Flores is right there enjoying it with his guys!
this team is gelling and building a team chemistry! This bodes well for the future I expect a 9-8 9-7 season next year
I honestly expect 6-10 about as long as Flores is coach.
It's really not hard to get guys fighting for their career to play hard, the only reason anyone is happy about winning 3 games is that we set expectations unrealistically low after the Ravens thrashed us.
For example most of us said we would win 4-5 games this year if Fitz started up until after that game. We all seemed to change our minds immediately and most people here are vaunting an at best unproven coaching staff for being successful.
Sparano and Gase had better first years coaching IMO and we see how that turned out.
I may sound like a downer but I'm not having the wool pulled over my eyes this time.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
"Galant wrote:
Nuts!, I really wish I could read these tweets on my work computer!
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.
"Tin Indian wrote:
Nuts!, I really wish I could read these tweets on my work computer!

Brett Brecheisen@bbrech
'https://twitter.com/bbrech/status/1201664399053873152'
In Miami’s first four games, their 16.7 red zone touchdown percentage was 32nd in the NFL.
Since returning from the bye in Week 6, Miami has converted 80 percent of red zone possessions into touchdowns.
That mark is No. 1 in the NFL in that span.
'https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1201664399053873152'
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
In Miami’s first four games, their 16.7 red zone touchdown percentage was 32nd in the NFL.
Since returning from the bye in Week 6, Miami has converted 80 percent of red zone possessions into touchdowns.
That mark is No. 1 in the NFL in that span.
Thanks Dupree!
That is shocking, leading the league in a good category!
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.
"Tin Indian wrote:
Thanks Dupree!
That is shocking, leading the league in a good category!
It is shocking with how bad our line is. Though, I am not going to look too much into it until it becomes a trend. I remember getting excited for Gase for that reason, only to have the RZ% go to hell the next season.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
It is shocking with how bad our line is. Though, I am not going to look too much into it until it becomes a trend. I remember getting excited for Gase for that reason, only to have the RZ% go to hell the next season.
You are exactly right.
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.