Flores fired for F bombing Tua?
82 replies
"pumpdogs wrote:
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-hyde-flores-ross-20220111-w3gebomavvgefp2zemebzs5dua-story.html
This is ****ing pathetic!
Could you please sum it up, cause can't read the Sun-Sentinel here in Europe...
Just about anyone who's ever played sports, at any level, knows that coaches are generally not nice people. Being screamed at when you mess up often comes with the job. Heck, just watch an episode of "Last Chance University" to get a peek if you're unfamiliar...that coach was a little extra with language, but it's accurate at how pissed off coaches get when players don't execute.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
Could you please sum it up, cause can't read the Sun-Sentinel here in Europe...
"It started at halftime with a meltdown in the locker room as their season melted down on the field. Coach Brian Flores was angry at quarterback Tua Tagovailoa’s dismal half. He said things. Tua said things back.
Anger flew. The f-word – gasp! – was traded. Tua said something about Flores not knowing how to talk to people. Flores said something about needing better bleeping play.
That started a sequence of similarly heated conversations that led to owner Steve Ross firing Flores on Monday.
“Communication and collaboration,” Ross said were Flores’ sins in getting fired.
“Disrespect,” was a word a source said Ross felt from Flores in one conversation.
Flores is rough with people. No doubt. He’s tough in talking to players and staff. Without question. What did you expect from someone old-schooled by New England’s Bill Belichick?
But that f-bomb tirade with Tua and other anecdotes I’ve heard wouldn’t crack the Top 100 of “communication and collaboration” issues inside the Dolphins franchise through the years. It wouldn’t crack the Top 50 just involving Hall of Famers."
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
There's nothing in there to say that was the issue. It would be easy to see a connection between that exchange and the phrase 'communication issues' but so what? It's unlikely that we're going to hear of issues between Flores and Grier and/or Ross.
The article itself cites various examples where coaches and players were upset with one another but then they got on with it. What's to say that the Flores-Tua exchange wasn't another one of those?
This could just be clickbait. It fits the narrative so throw the story in. There's no way to say, though, that this exchange is the problem in question.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
I'm starting to get the feeling that "journalists" are going to make money by writing thinly veiled Tua hit pieces.
Fuck Tua, Fuck Grier, and double fuck Ross.
Those were basically Flores' last words before getting fired.
I admire Flores even more now.
I mean that article claims ross felt disrespected if thats the case flores is actually a moron lol. I cant think of a quicker way to get fired than disrespecting the owner even if he is a big ears clown shoe senile idiot.
Its rumor and slander season now though so who knows whos pr team is pushing what. I saw a thing yesterday saying tua went from 18% body fat to 10% body fat and flores thought he didn’t do it naturally and was on peds. So, tua was tested for peds 4 months straight and that caused the initial fracture between the two. Then i saw rumors tua was golfing before and after the texans and Baltimore game hinting that he was basically benched for jacoby. I mean who knows with some of this stuff tbh.

And I care that a coach cursed why now?
"Silverphin wrote:
I'm starting to get the feeling that "journalists" are going to make money by writing thinly veiled Tua hit pieces.
Are you saying this is not what it looks like? Any reason to drag Coach Flores name through the mud? I bet a multi-billionaire can pay off a lot of journalists. And I also bet he can gauge the shit storm coming down and fans wondering what his dark secret is that he keeps Chris Grier on the payroll. Even the dumbest of the dumb can realize "He dun f***ed up for too long to big." Maybe some similar or same adjectives describe this closed door relationship with Ross' #1 'Yes Man.'
Formerly known as IdrA,
formerly known as Kud.
"Kud_II wrote:
And I care that a coach cursed why now?
Are you saying this is not what it looks like? Any reason to drag Coach Flores name through the mud? I bet a multi-billionaire can pay off a lot of journalists.
What I'm saying is that there is going to be a lot of people trying to tie Flores's firing to Tua.
"Kud_II wrote:
And I care that a coach cursed why now?
Are you saying this is not what it looks like? Any reason to drag Coach Flores name through the mud? I bet a multi-billionaire can pay off a lot of journalists.
As an attack on Flores its pretty tame. Its a pretty meaningless story other than to tell us he didn't get along with Tua which he gathered by now and the key part of the story is this
That started a sequence of similarly heated conversations that led to owner Steve Ross firing Flores on Monday.
And without the specifics its pointless.
"Silverphin wrote:
What I'm saying is that there is going to be a lot of people trying to tie Flores's firing to Tua.
If tua is the qb next season then yep that will one hundred percent be the narrative.

"Fireland wrote:
As an attack on Flores its pretty tame. Its a pretty meaningless story other than to tell us he didn't get along with Tua which he gathered by now and the key part of the story is this
And without the specifics its pointless.
I think that's probably the idea, fling poo hope something sticks to quell the pitchfork mob I can open the link, I'm not willing to pay for a sun-sentinel subscription to read lame duck article to find out what it's all about.
Formerly known as IdrA,
formerly known as Kud.
"Galant wrote:
There's nothing in there to say that was the issue. It would be easy to see a connection between that exchange and the phrase 'communication issues' but so what? It's unlikely that we're going to hear of issues between Flores and Grier and/or Ross.
The article itself cites various examples where coaches and players were upset with one another but then they got on with it. What's to say that the Flores-Tua exchange wasn't another one of those?
This could just be clickbait. It fits the narrative so throw the story in. There's no way to say, though, that this exchange is the problem in question.
No.Dave Hyde is hall of fame south Florida sportswriter He doesn't do clickbait!
Ok, so let’s say for the sake of conversation, Flores did go off on Tagovailoa and threw the F bomb…
So effing what???? You’re a grown man getting paid millions of dollars to play a game. Effing do your job!! Football players are all alpha males. If they’re butt sore over an alpha Charlie, then you’re too weak to play a MAN’S game

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
If a football player can’t handle an F bomb, maybe ballet is more their sport. JFC, is this really news?
I had a football coach in college hit me upside the head. I had another in HS put me in at RB, made me run left, had the entire left side of the line pull right after I missed a block that got our RB lit up. This isn’t f’ing patty cakes.
A coach yelling at a player is barely "meh" for me. I once told my complaining nephews that if their coach was yelling at them, it was because he knew they were capable of doing more than just make the team. Coaches don't yell at guys to improve when he thinks they're as good as they're going to get. They yell at them to improve when, after hundreds of hours practicing, fundamentals aren't setting in. The whole point of practice is to make reactions instinctual and remove the need for thought. Players capable of making the connection are capable of playing beyond their talent level. Players who don't play below their own.
I can understand Flo's frustration. Tua played like crap in Nashville and losing that game effectually eliminated us from the playoffs. The problem with proving how efficient you are as a player (as Tua has for most of the season) is that when you fall short, it's on you. If your coach is yelling at you, there are two things you should consider: (1) He expects better and there has to be a reason for it. He's not screaming at the RBs averaging 2.8 YPC. And (2) you need to figure out how to elevate your level of play immediately. The only thing that a seven game win streak earns you is the chance to win an eighth game.
I'll be honest and admit that if this account is accurate, I'm much more down on Tua than I am on Flo. Suck it up. If your coach is screaming at you, there's probably a reason for it.
"OwesOwn614 wrote:
I'll be honest and admit that if this account is accurate, I'm much more down on Tua than I am on Flo. Suck it up. If your coach is screaming at you, there's probably a reason for it.
I doubt it's accurate, though. Tua has never once made excuses for his play and has always taken his share of the blame. It just reeks of a writer taking advantage of a fanbase's emotions.
So tua needs to be spoken to nicely? Did his little feelings get hurt? Not only does our QB suck, he's a beta as well. Can you imagine a player telling Shula that he doesn't know how to talk to people? How do you think that would have turned out. Get this noodle armed beta male off of my team
"OwesOwn614 wrote:
A coach yelling at a player is barely "meh" for me. I once told my complaining nephews that if their coach was yelling at them, it was because he knew they were capable of doing more than just make the team. Coaches don't yell at guys to improve when he thinks they're as good as they're going to get. They yell at them to improve when, after hundreds of hours practicing, fundamentals aren't setting in. The whole point of practice is to make reactions instinctual and remove the need for thought. Players capable of making the connection are capable of playing beyond their talent level. Players who don't play below their own.
I can understand Flo's frustration. Tua played like crap in Nashville and losing that game effectually eliminated us from the playoffs. The problem with proving how efficient you are as a player (as Tua has for most of the season) is that when you fall short, it's on you. If your coach is yelling at you, there are two things you should consider: (1) He expects better and there has to be a reason for it. He's not screaming at the RBs averaging 2.8 YPC. And (2) you need to figure out how to elevate your level of play immediately. The only thing that a seven game win streak earns you is the chance to win an eighth game.
I'll be honest and admit that if this account is accurate, I'm much more down on Tua than I am on Flo. Suck it up. If your coach is screaming at you, there's probably a reason for it.
I sounded like Flo was pissed at the end of.the half when Tua decided to run instead of the throw the ball away so sanders had a chance at a Fg.Instead the clock ran out This goes back to the sack he.took against the Titans that pushed them back.I don't remember if they ended up out of range or the clock ran out.
But Anyway Flo was rightly pissed.
"Silverphin wrote:
I doubt it's accurate, though. Tua has never once made excuses for his play and has always taken his share of the blame. It just reeks of a writer taking advantage of a fanbase's emotions.
Hyde is a real deal journalist so I am sure it happened.
So basically Tua is a thin-skinned little bitch who didn't like being told he needed to fucking play better? The truth fucking hurts sometimes. Poor little fella's ears would bleed if he ever stepped foot onto a construction site. Now really wish they would have used that pick on a lineman and grabbed Hurts with a late pick. That's what I wanted on draft day. Tua is pretty ok at QB but if this really is what went down, then fuck him. Trade his bitch ass to NO in exchange for Winston and a bag of Doritos.
SICK;944668 wrote:
that and.....the city of jacksonville sucks.
I have no doubt that something like that played out. I have a ton of doubt that a coach and player getting into an argument on its own led to Flores dismissal. That would be about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.
If it all went down the way the current stories are portraying it then I have more respect for Flores and a whole lot less for Tua. This is the NFL where players are required to perform their jobs at a high level and respect the HC's decision whether they like it and agree with it or not. If Flores threw the F-bomb a few times then more power to him. The QB is the field general who directs the offense in a way that the HC game planned for. If Tua took it personal then thats tough as far as I'm concerned.
As far as Tua's overall play he doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to questioning authority.
I'm getting the vibes that maybe Grier warned Flores to lighten up especially with Tua. That would certainly answer the question as to why Flores was lot less fiery and animated on the sidelines this year.
Again, no one knows exactly what went on but things seem to be getting a lot clearer as to why Flores is gone.