Stay with Osweiler
129 replies
Yea, why not. Osweiler is hot garbage but he balled out today and showed a lot of testicular circumference out there. No matter what happens, even the those that would allow Ryan Tannehill to bed their sisters and wives - and make no mistake there are many around that would love to watch that happen - should recognize Ozzy played a hell of a game today. I am pretty certain we dong-tuck and lose thta game if Tannehill was playing. Tannehill is obviously more physically gifted but he is also reminds me a lot of the piss-boy in a Mel Brooks' movie. Perhaps this is a nice wake up call to Tannehill but I doubt it, the man does not carry himself like he hungers for anything - he got paid, is set for life, has a trophy wife, he is a decent looking fellow, he loved that camera time today with his fitted hat and spitting sunflower seeds, has never been challenged or pushed here at Miami, a swell fellow by the looks of it...but also a piss-boy numkin. I cant wait until we have washed ourselves from the scent of ole T-hill but Osweiler aint taking this team anyplace either.
"dolfan40 wrote:
After watching the game, the fire he had really amazed me, he fired up the whole something Tannehill never did, the passion was unbelieveable he played well considering his first start,he lead the offense like he was the starter there was much more pace the way he led the offense, but i will support either one of em. We got the win that's all that counts.
Whay you guys think
Absolutely without question. The team has the mentality of RT, and RT is a loser. Change that, and who knows?
I'd still try to get in the best position possible to draft a QB.
Anyone know Tanny's career high in passing yards in a single game?
🎃
I think Tannehill offers you a little more than Osweiler, but neither player is significantly different from average.
On average, Tannehill would probably win you one more game a season than Osweiler, but with all else equal, neither player by himself gets you significantly better than 8-8. Tannehill probably does a better job than Osweiler of keeping you from doing worse than 8-8.
I have been desiring Miami to move in a different direction than Tannehill for a very long time, but I tell you Gase is a Tannehill supporter he believes he is more than what he is so there's no way he will ever bench Tannehill no matter who outplays him. I honestly believe Gase future should be measured by this season, if he places all his hope in Tannehill and we fail then he should be gone because this is the same man though Cutler in Miami was a great fit. But Tannehill and Gase arent the biggest problem with the team, that honor belongs the Steven Ross.
"The Guy wrote:
I think Tannehill offers you a little more than Osweiler, but neither player is significantly different from average.
On average, Tannehill would probably win you one more game a season than Osweiler, but with all else equal, neither player by himself gets you significantly better than 8-8. Tannehill probably does a better job than Osweiler of keeping you from doing worse than 8-8.
Not sure how you're doing the math, but our defense has dominated every single first-half this season (except the Pats at Gillette, which doesn't count). When the offense has scored points early, that's put our D in a very favorable position to shut down passing lanes and blitz the QB. That's a recipe for 16-0 in my opinion. I think we're that good on defense.
To me, the question isn't "How many can Tannehill/Osweiler win for us?" The question is "How many will they lose?" This could easily be a 12-4 team this year once we get some starters back.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"bbqpitlover wrote:
I have been desiring Miami to move in a different direction than Tannehill for a very long time, but I tell you Gase is a Tannehill supporter he believes he is more than what he is so there's no way he will ever bench Tannehill no matter who outplays him. I honestly believe Gase future should be measured by this season, if he places all his hope in Tannehill and we fail then he should be gone because this is the same man though Cutler in Miami was a great fit. But Tannehill and Gase arent the biggest problem with the team, that owner belongs the Steven Ross.
Um, he benched him today. The shoulder thing is all a smokescreen.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
I dont think so, he didnt even dress for the game,
"KeyFin wrote:
Um, he benched him today. The shoulder thing is all a smokescreen.
Link?
"BitcoinMillionaire wrote:
No matter what happens, even the those that would allow Ryan Tannehill to bed their sisters and wives - and make no mistake there are many around that would love to watch that happen -
I'm curious how you only have 17 posts here yet you seem to have so much hatred towards the Tannehill fans here. Should we be saying welcome back (to one of your banned accounts)?
In case you are actually new, maybe you haven't noticed that we don't call each other names here or attack people just to feel cool about ourselves. I've often been a Tannehill critic on this site yet I have tons of respect for those who love him. That's what football fans here do- we bicker with each other all the time, but we also show respect.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
I thought we would see a team respond to Brock and I was right. what I saw with Brock was a quarterback who had ONE DAY of full practice with the starters come out and be in control of the offense. He didn’t play perfect but tell me the last time We had a QB Paso g for over 350? Brock changed plays and looked comfortable out there.
This was all against the #2 Defense.
I’d say we should continue to kick the tire on Brock he was a good an in college but Denver didn’t work out for him. Maybe he is growing but I like his entire field presence and command of the system much better than anything from Tannehill this year. Really loved how he threw the ball out of bounds instead of forcing something.
"Dolphin Dundee wrote:
If Osweiler can look that much better than Tannehill imagine if we had a healthy Bridgewater. Watching Tannehill is about as exiting as watching Wheel of Fortune with my grandparents.
ROFLMAO...
I think some of you are over reacting to a win today. Brock's numbers weren't all that pretty, they were very Tannehill like right up until the point where Albert Wilson took 2 yard passes for HUGE gains.
Thrilled for Brock and the fact we pulled out this game today, but let's not get carried away here just yet.

1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!
Wouldn't be surprised if Tannehill is out for a while. We'll see what happens.
Let's not forget that Tannehill and a 122 passer rating before the injury.
It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden
"KeyFin wrote:
Not sure how you're doing the math, but our defense has dominated every single first-half this season (except the Pats at Gillette, which doesn't count). When the offense has scored points early, that's put our D in a very favorable position to shut down passing lanes and blitz the QB. That's a recipe for 16-0 in my opinion. I think we're that good on defense.
To me, the question isn't "How many can Tannehill/Osweiler win for us?" The question is "How many will they lose?" This could easily be a 12-4 team this year once we get some starters back.
What I meant was the QB's contribution by himself. The average expected finish in the league is 8-8, and the typical play of both Tannehill and Osweiler -- by themselves (without considering other aspects of a team) -- doesn't make a team appreciably better than 8-8.
As an aside, speaking of the defense, the team pulled off a minor miracle today, considering that it surrendered an opposing passer rating of 122.5. There have been 123 games since 2012 in which a defense surrendered an opposing passer rating between 119 and 125. Those defenses won 20 of those 123 games (16%).
In 14 of those 20 wins, the defense's own team had a passer rating above that of the Dolphins today (94.9, which is about average and therefore expected). So there was over a 95% chance the Dolphins would lose today's game, based primarily on the defensive performance.
The good news is that Cam Wake and Bobby McCain were out, who are obviously key cogs in the pass defense.
"The Guy wrote:
What I meant was the QB's contribution by himself. The average expected finish in the league is 8-8, and the typical play of both Tannehill and Osweiler -- by themselves (without considering other aspects of a team) -- doesn't make a team appreciably better than 8-8.
As an aside, speaking of the defense, the team pulled off a minor miracle today, considering that it surrendered an opposing passer rating of 122.5. There have been 123 games since 2012 in which a defense surrendered an opposing passer rating between 119 and 125. Those defenses won 20 of those 123 games (16%).
In 14 of those 20 wins, the defense's own team had a passer rating above that of the Dolphins today (94.9, which is about average and therefore expected). So there was over a 95% chance the Dolphins would lose today's game, based primarily on the defensive performance.
The good news is that Cam Wake and Bobby McCain were out, who are obviously key cogs in the pass defense.
Was he really a 122.5? Damn! We did drop a few interceptions though (on top of causing 3 turnovers already). Jones had the mid-air collision on the easy pick, Fitz had one bounce through his hands because he wasn't looking, etc. I wouldn't have guessed either QB was above 85 QBR on the day.
Here's what doesn't fit your stats though- how many of those 123 teams forced multiple turnovers at the one yard line? That's what makes us unique. The closer the opponent gets to the end zone, the more our weaknesses are masked by the safeties. Just those two turnovers alone have to be some type of record....I'm not a stat guy though so I wouldn't know.
The Bears should have scored an extra 17 though and we should have had an extra 7...it should have been at least a 45-38 ballgame without all the turnovers from two good defenses.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"texanphinatic wrote:
Don't buy that at all. Every QB misses some throws. Some miss more. Some miss more egregiously than others. Some make big plays to make up for the duds.
In general, the fact that we have a "competition" between Brock ****ing Assweiler and THill is an indictment on both THill and Gase. One marginal win notwithstanding, Brock has had multiple chances and not just failed, but badly failed.
I see it differently.
I see 2 QB's that coordinate well with each other. They each have a slightly different skill set than the other which our team can use to it's advantage. Both have plenty of self assurance. There are a lot of teams in this league that would like either one of our guys and we've got both of them and aren't breaking the bank at their pay levels. On top of all that they both understand Gase's system pretty well.
I'm sure they both want to be starters, but you can say that about the players at any position on any NFL team. That's kind of attitude is how they got here. If you are looking for a lot of emotion from players you can turn to the Hallmark channel. I don't care about external presentation of emotions. To me it means somebody is losing self control and that is poison to a team effort.
I love what he did for us today! Dude straight up pulled a Nick Foles. That was the best game I have ever witnessed him play and he played a lot during that run with the Broncos, but it was their defense that got them to the Super Bowl that year. Osweiler has proven to be a capable quarterback in the past, but this was absolutely great as far as setting the mind at ease for me personally. I wouldn't get too crazy about this though. He's not a player that can be relied upon on a weekly basis although stranger things have happened over the years. I remember Vinny Testeverde being an average quarterback for what was supposed to be the prime of his career. He was actually considered a bust at one point, he bounced around the league for a bit and then suddenly at like age 33 or 34 dude became a bona fide starter in the league and had the Jets in the playoffs. We've seen things like this happen before with backup QB's that we thought were dead weight so it's not out of the realm of possibilty that we suddenly catch lightening in a bottle with Brock Osweiler. Kelly Holcomb was actually the last quarterback to lead the Browns to the playoffs. He too was a career backup that many thought was a terrible player in Indianapolis. Granted...He didn't do anything afterwards, but he did have the city of Cleveland buzzing after that year. Jeff Hostettler, Rich Gannon, Steve Bono, Bobby Herbert, Kurt Warner for crying out loud. These are all QB's that found success later on in their careers that many thought were lost causes at the position. Keep in mind that quarterbacks have a long shelf life. In all reality the same thing could happen with Tannehill at some point in his career.
Now i'm not saying that ANYTHING at all is brewing with this situation, but the kettle is ready. If you ask me who the starter should be next week i'm going to tell you Ryan Tannehill. However....If that shoulder isn't healed by next week and Osweiler wins us another game i'm going to start to believe. The very minute Tannehill plays like ass or can't generate points on offense i'm going to start to wonder what Osweiler can do us instead. In other words, We don't have a controversy just yet, but that could change after next week depending on how things go. If Tannehill plays next week, it's going to be quite possibly the biggest game of his career to date because the tides are clearly changing in Miami. WE ARE going to go in a different direction after this season is he can't pull his head out of his ass.
"KeyFin wrote:
Um, he benched him today. The shoulder thing is all a smokescreen.
Is this true?
Who's next ?
"mbsinmisc wrote:
Is this true?
Highly doubtful
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.
Did most people even watch the game today, or are just going based on what they are seeing in the stat sheets? I am genuinely curious
"Jt0323 wrote:
Did most people even watch the game today, or are just going based on what they are seeing in the stat sheets? I am genuinely curious
I’ve watched twice already

I say with stick with Ryan but I do believe on draft day 2012 I remember Todd McShay saying that Oswelier had a hire ceiling then any QB taken in the first round but also had the best shot at being a bust. Not that that means any thing.
You can't dump a healthy Tannehill without that making a statement that you're done with him permanently. I don't see anyway the Dolphins are going to do that, I doubt they believe they need to do that. So no, you don't start Brock over Ryan unless Ryan isn't healthy.
This is simply the matter of our starting QB and our backup doing their jobs. I'm glad that Osweiler did a decent job yesterday. If he has to keep playing then I hope he keeps it up and improves.
Lastly, remember Moore. We'd see these flashes of good games from him when he had to step in at the last minute, but he couldn't keep it up. Osweiler's the backup for a reason. We'll be worse off with him at starter over the long run.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)