Who demands #1 CB coverage this week?
25 replies
Charles Clay was silent this week until the clutch 4th down conversion on the Game winning drive. Egnew and Sims were getting more targets.
Weird right? until I found out Aquib Talib got given the assignment of covering Clay. So what happens? Wallace goes off!
In the beginning of the season everyone was calling Wallace a bust but he took the brunt of the defense letting guys like Hartline and Clay have career years. Now that those guys are just as much threats what does the opposition do now?
I guess top guy for the Roadkill Bills is Leodis McKelvin. Who does he get to cover?
"DolPhinPhan7 wrote:
Charles Clay was silent this week until the clutch 4th down conversion on the Game winning drive. Egnew and Sims were getting more targets.
Weird right? until I found out Aquib Talib got given the assignment of covering Clay. So what happens? Wallace goes off!
In the beginning of the season everyone was calling Wallace a bust but he took the brunt of the defense letting guys like Hartline and Clay have career years. Now that those guys are just as much threats what does the opposition do now?
I guess top guy for the Roadkill Bills is Leodis McKelvin. Who does he get to cover?
Impossible! Didn't you get the memo that Wallaces presence on the field, contributes no success whatsoever, to the other players around him?

Phins will still score 20, regardless. In every one of these games it's all about the defense and special teams holding the opponent to 20 and under. Cause the offense sure ain't gonna score in bunches.
banned
clay was covered by talib for most of the game, will see how the bills will play him
I know we are talking about their corners but flipping this around...Marquis Goodwin is a guy we can't sleep on. He's the type of short, fast, elusive receiver that always seems to burn Miami...Think Antonio Brown.
As for Mckelvin who is their best cover corner...I suspect it will be him on Mike Wallace on Sunday.
Charles Clay draws the opposing teams #1 CB, it's got to be a credit to 
"Disgustipate wrote:
Charles Clay draws the opposing teams #1 CB, it's got to be a credit to
Lolol classic
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”
"Disgustipate wrote:
Charles Clay draws the opposing teams #1 CB, it's got to be a credit to
Yet, when Mike Wallace draws the opposing teams #1 CB every week...it doesn't help the offense in the least bit. Right? Did I get that part right?
@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/
"Section126 wrote:
Yet, when Mike Wallace draws the opposing teams #1 CB every week...it doesn't help the offense in the least bit. Right? Did I get that part right?
You're being sarcastic right? I've admitted the exact opposite. Clay and Hartline are having excellent year and it's obvious Wallace has something to do with it.
"Section126 wrote:
Yet, when Mike Wallace draws the opposing teams #1 CB every week...it doesn't help the offense in the least bit. Right? Did I get that part right?
How much is Wallace getting paid? Best wr drawing best cb is meh... Te/h back doing same is notable.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
________________________________________
"It's a bunch of drunk, mid-30s type of crowd who are very well-educated," Evans said. "Much more vocal. A little bit more crazy. It's a little nastier playing down there, to be honest."
--Sounders Midfielder Brad Evans on Portland vs Seattle Fans--
Jesus christ people, who cares. Everyone is getting involved.
How many people started Clay on their Fantasy team based on his game against the Steelers and drew the big Goose Egg?
isn't it great that we get to argue which of the three receivers (#82, #42, #11) has the greater impact on our offense? Maybe Tannehill and dare I say it, Sherman, deserve some credit?
Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!
"Section126 wrote:
Yet, when Mike Wallace draws the opposing teams #1 CB every week...it doesn't help the offense in the least bit. Right? Did I get that part right?
It does help the offense, but so what, exactly? That's the very least he should be doing.
"DolPhinPhan7 wrote:
How many people started Clay on their Fantasy team based on his game against the Steelers and drew the big Goose Egg?
I did it this week because he had been outperforming Jason Witten as of late, and it's gonna bite me in the ass.
"Disgustipate wrote:
I did it this week because he had been outperforming Jason Witten as of late, and it's gonna bite me in the ass.
lol...we had the same two te's...
@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/
"djphinfan wrote:
Hmm, I saw Talib on Wallace and Hartline and clay.
Yeah, Talib started out on Clay and I would guess he was on him primarily, but they mixed it up.

"DolPhinPhan7 wrote:
Charles Clay was silent this week until the clutch 4th down conversion on the Game winning drive. Egnew and Sims were getting more targets.
Weird right? until I found out Aquib Talib got given the assignment of covering Clay. So what happens? Wallace goes off!
In the beginning of the season everyone was calling Wallace a bust but he took the brunt of the defense letting guys like Hartline and Clay have career years. Now that those guys are just as much threats what does the opposition do now?
I guess top guy for the Roadkill Bills is Leodis McKelvin. Who does he get to cover?
One of the things that impresses me about RT is how he spreads the ball around. He does no rely on a favorite target. He reads the defenses and tries to exploit their weaknesses in coverage rather than trying to force the ball to his favorite guys. He is a heady player.
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."
Frederic Bastiat
"Disgustipate wrote:
It does help the offense, but so what, exactly? That's the very least he should be doing.
The last thing Wallace should be doing is helping the offense? :confused1:
My basic philosophy on offense is that it's all about spacing. You make the defense defend the whole field and then you have a smart triggerman that can exploit whatever area is the weakest. That includes the run game where you make them defend the middle and the edges. Once you show that you can hurt a defense in all areas of the field it makes them have to pick their poison. That's why having a Wallace that can threaten the deep sidelines is key. Along with targets in the middle of the field (Gibson, Matthews, Clay) and the use of the read-option that makes edge players stay a beat longer. I think the use of the screens to Clay and Wallace provide a nice counter-balance to the Hartline timing plays and the deep shots to Wallace. I don't think we've used the backs as much as we could have and I think Keller as a seam threat would have added an extra dimension. Overall though we've greatly increased the number of targets and the number of areas where we can hurt a defense over last season. I think that that along with RT's development have made us a much more dangerous offense as evidenced by our late game ability. Each additional weapon we add has an effect that's greater than the sum of the parts so hopefully we can improve on that this next off-season. But this year we have enough that we can play with anybody s it really shouldn't matter who the Bills decide to focus their coverage on. We have a D that can keep it close and make game changing plays and an offense that can move the ball in key situations.

i love it...teams dont know who to focus on. pick your poison. also, big shout out to throwing the ball to our rbs on a swing and flare routes for touchdowns. i have been calling for it for months now. its been open all year. i'll take that mismatch all day.
PHINS WOLVERINES ROCKETS
DON'T MESS WITH US!
"phinsational wrote:
The last thing Wallace should be doing is helping the offense? :confused1:
No, drawing a #1 corner in coverage is the very least he should be doing.
"Two Tacos wrote:
How much is Wallace getting paid? Best wr drawing best cb is meh... Te/h back doing same is notable.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Do you write the check? He produces in ways that non football minds can not comprehend.

"Fin-Omenal wrote:
Do you write the check? He produces in ways that non football minds can not comprehend.
I initially wrote this off as silly and self-congratulatory, but I think you absolutely might have stumbled upon something.
Could the people whom seem to believe Mike Wallace has magical properties be suffering from Chronic traumatic encephalopathy, literally "football mind"?
